Become a Patron!

The Sigelei Mini 30w - a mini review

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got my Sigelei Mini 30w yesterday. It is a nice little mod. Best bang for the buck in this power range IMO. And the included silicone sleeve makes it even more of a value. Threading is smooth. Feels good in the hand. Very light but not cheap feeling at all. It uses a YiHi chip just like the IPV Mini 30w so performance is pretty much the same. Same power banks, same dimming screen, same DC-DC and PWM choices, and from what I can tell the same variance in power output. Meaning it seems to fire a little higher than the stated setting. Not a big deal. Adjust accordingly.

The only thing I do not like, and this is preference and being a creature of habit, is the buttons are on the wrong side. I am so used to them being on the atty side like my Vaporshark that I am constantly grabbing it the wrong way.

e4a9435f20abb7eb47327c95917fa073.jpg

Size comparisons:

vs Vaporshark rDNA 30
63991c00658e961058330b642f3eaadf.jpg

vs Vaporshark DNA 30
3d2d274e89054ee8438d638bf3e3fa1c.jpg

vs IPV Mini 30w
ef996a2b9a04060344e5e705280f9587.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G3

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Looks very nice!

I forget, doesn't that charge via USB?

How long does it take to charge?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
can the battery be changed with out tools?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Battery can be changed easily. It has a magnetic door on the side. Magnets are very strong. USB charging port on the bottom.I haven't charged it yet as I used a freshly charged Samsug 25R. But my IPV Mini 30w takes around 3 hours to fully charge from what I remember.

415747cca3d709cc6b11f899f76b0ebe.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G3

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Garemlin Thanks for the great review and pics. This is going to be my next purchase. It's going to take the place of my Cloupor Mini,eventhough I haven't had any issues with it, I just don't want to run the risk.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got my Sigelei Mini 30w yesterday. It is a nice little mod. Best bang for the buck in this power range IMO. And the included silicone sleeve makes it even more of a value. Threading is smooth. Feels good in the hand. Very light but not cheap feeling at all. It uses a YiHi chip just like the IPV Mini 30w so performance is pretty much the same. Same power banks, same dimming screen, same DC-DC and PWM choices, and from what I can tell the same variance in power output. Meaning it seems to fire a little higher than the stated setting. Not a big deal. Adjust accordingly.

The only thing I do not like, and this is preference and being a creature of habit, is the buttons are on the wrong side. I am so used to them being on the atty side like my Vaporshark that I am constantly grabbing it the wrong way.

e4a9435f20abb7eb47327c95917fa073.jpg

Size comparisons:

vs Vaporshark rDNA 30
63991c00658e961058330b642f3eaadf.jpg

vs Vaporshark DNA 30
3d2d274e89054ee8438d638bf3e3fa1c.jpg

vs IPV Mini 30w
ef996a2b9a04060344e5e705280f9587.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G3
Have you checked your LED screen readings to make sure the chip is calculating Ohm's law correctly?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the battery slot being housed on the side of the device.. I want to compare the specs on the cloupor mini to see if they are the same size - hoping with the battery on the side like that it could cut the size down a little bit more.. or is there some other advantage to building it like that?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Sigelei is 89 mm height, Cloupor is 77 mm

Interesting.. I did notice the sig was a bit taller than the VS ... hmm not sure how I feel about that - not a huge deal but i wonder why the extra height on it..

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting.. I did notice the sig was a bit taller than the VS ... hmm not sure how I feel about that - not a huge deal but i wonder why the extra height on it..
Maybe because the Sigelei has a spring-loaded 510, while the Cloupor doesn't (?)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe because the Sigelei has a spring-loaded 510, while the Cloupor doesn't (?)

yea that makes sense.. i'm sure the sig will be a solid device and will probably be my backup buy in the next couple weeks. can't beat the price

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Pros...........Great review. Short and to the point.

Cons..........I want one:(

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pros...........Great review. Short and to the point.

Cons..........I want one:(

LOL Yup not too much to tell. It is a basic 30w box with swappable 18650 that does exactly what it is supposed to do with no frills.

Under $40. Why not Unc???

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One thing I am going to add. And this will be an issue for the astechically anal. 22mm attys do have a very slight overhang. Doesn't really bother me enough to worry about it.

7e80a031e5fd892991de38c0ea93377d.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G3

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Newheart301 price and aesthetics is what it would boil down to me between those two.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, better buy, Sig. mini or IPV mini,, and why ?

Better buy??? Sigelei. Just for the simple fact it comes with a silicone case and is at least $10 cheaper. They both perform identical. Threading on the Sigelei does seem smoother. But I have read cases of people having issues with the threading on their Sigelei. They are budget Chinese mods plain and simple. You need to be careful with the threading or get an afc controller if you are overly worried.

I like the form factor and shape of the IPV Mini better. But both feel good in the hand. It is a toss-up for me. I had originally planned on getting two IPV Minis. But then I saw the Sig Mini 30w and decided to give one a shot. I figured if I liked it I would keep it. If not I would sell it an grab another IPV. This one is a keeper.

If it is based on looks pick which one you like better
If it is based on performance flip a coin
If it is based on price the Sig is the clear winner

But IMO you would be happy with either.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
N

Newheart301

I'm stupid and didn't ask the right question. I have a IPV mini, like it ok. Looking to get my wife ether, another IPV mini, she's tried mine, likes it. Or, get her the Sig. mini. What I'm asking is ,if you had both ,and used each one every other day, in a years time, which one would have been the most reliable, durable, and hassle free to use.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm stupid and didn't ask the right question. I have a IPV mini, like it ok. Looking to get my wife ether, another IPV mini, she's tried mine, likes it. Or, get her the Sig. mini. What I'm asking is ,if you had both ,and used each one every other day, in a years time, which one would have been the most reliable, durable, and hassle free to use.

Reliable and durable is impossible to tell. The IPV Mini does feel a little more solid. But that isn't saying the Sig feels cheap. Since you have one why not give the other a try. Then you guys can hash it out to see who gets what. I handed my girlfriend both and she said she liked the IPV Mini a little better just because she has small hands and the rounded shape is a little easier for her to hold.

N

Newheart301

Thanks a lot ! My wife is a little rough on this stuff, already stripped the threads on both the iStick 20 I gave her for Christmas and mine, that I gave her to fill in with. Right now she's bouncing my Sig. Zmax mini off the deck, that's been a tough little tube so far. Since the Sig. mini comes with the rubber cover, I'm wondering if it would hold up better ?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks a lot ! My wife is a little rough on this stuff, already stripped the threads on both the iStick 20 I gave her for Christmas and mine, that I gave her to fill in with. Right now she's bouncing my Sig. Zmax mini off the deck, that's been a tough little tube so far. Since the Sig. mini comes with the rubber cover, I'm wondering if it would hold up better ?

Ok that changes everything. If she is going to be swapping batteries there is a chance she could mush up the threads on the battery cap of the IPV. Get her the Sig. The silicone cover isn't real thick but it should help with grip and scratch prevention. It covers the bottom too.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok that changes everything. If she is going to be swapping batteries there is a chance she could mush up the threads on the battery cap of the IPV. Get her the Sig. The silicone cover isn't real thick but it should help with grip and scratch prevention. It covers the bottom too.

I like my Sigelei 30w a lot, and coming from the Clouper mini the spring loaded pin was a big plus. Definitely a mandatory feature on anything i buy going forward.

The one minor grip i have with mine is with the silicone cover though. Not that i don't like it mind you, because after a few months on my 100w+ i'm a big fan of it's feel in hand over a naked box. Mine (and my friend's) just doesn't seem to stay as snug a fit as the one did on the 100w+ does. Doesn't take a lot of effort pulling it half off if/when i grab it out of my pocket, so i find myself having to be a little mindful in that regard.

buildGenius

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The IPV mini 2 is like 50 bucks, fires .2-3ohm, up to 70 watts. Definitely worth a look in this price range.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The IPV mini 2 is like 50 bucks, fires .2-3ohm, up to 70 watts. Definitely worth a look in this price range.

Where do you see it for $50? I just ordered one for $62, which was the cheapest price I found! The 30 watt IPV mini is around $49 from what I saw.

buildGenius

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahh I didn't notice I said 50, meant to say 60, I apologize for any confusion. Though if ten bucks is turning you away from the mini 2, I would seriously reconsider the options.

Form factor aside (which is comfortable & solid - the black finish scatches off rather easily)

even if I didn't need the extra power from this device I would pay the extra $10-15 just for the headroom later on

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i love mine!! cant really tell the diff between pwm and dc-dc other than pwm reading a little off (i think) great travel mod. perfect for my vulcan and magma builds. would be good for a nautilus mini too. hmmm...nope, not going to impulse buy lol

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

what kind of drip tips are those and where did you get them???

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh I didn't notice I said 50, meant to say 60, I apologize for any confusion. Though if ten bucks is turning you away from the mini 2, I would seriously reconsider the options.

Form factor aside (which is comfortable & solid - the black finish scatches off rather easily)

even if I didn't need the extra power from this device I would pay the extra $10-15 just for the headroom later on
You can buy it from Fasttech for $49 but would have to wait until March as China is on holiday.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can buy it from Fasttech for $49 but would have to wait until March as China is on holiday.

Only the regular mini, which is also available from any number of places in the US for $49! The IPV mini 2 is still around $69 from most places in the US (and not available at Fasttech).

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday I was torn between the iPV Mini and the Sigelei Mini while trying to break free of my
aesthetic anal self. I could only buy one. The iPV Mini looks less like a box mod which I like.

I went for the Sigelei as I have both stainless and black RTA's and I think both would look better on the Sigelei.The silicone sleeve may make up for the tiny over hang.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the IPV mini 2 70 watt and really like it, except the battery life isn't great above 30 watts. Its a great mod to carry around though.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the IPV mini 2 70 watt and really like it, except the battery life isn't great above 30 watts. Its a great mod to carry around though.

I don't think battery life is an issue caused by the mod as much as you're pulling a lot of amps on a single battery... just what happens and it'd be the same on any other single battery mod pulling those kind of amps.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think battery life is an issue caused by the mod as much as you're pulling a lot of amps on a single battery... just what happens and it'd be the same on any other single battery mod pulling those kind of amps.

You're absolutely right. I love the mod itself though.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I will have to wait till I charge mine again but I think when it is fully charged it will show if you press either the power button or the -/down button.

If it is not fully charged, you just see the little lightening bolt.

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
You were correct, the lightening bolt means it's charging. When it's fully charged, it shows a completely filled battery. All white battery.

VU Sponsors