There are many different bands of chargers, with 1, 2, 4, 6 or 8 bay charging ports

Discussion in 'Chargers' started by SMOKIE, Mar 19, 2017.

1. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Here are a few of the most popular ones, and there are also many other brands. Do your homework, read reviews, and search for the best pricing. Amazon, eBay, online stores, local vape shops, etc just Google battery chargers.

Please post what charger you use for what batteries, and your thoughts on it.

NITECORE D2 Digicharger

Nitecore i2 Charger

NITECORE UM20 USB Charger for Li-ion IMR

Efest PRO C1 Charger

EFEST V2 LUC UNIVERSAL LCD DIGITAL CHARGER

EFEST V4 LUC UNIVERSAL LCD CHARGE

XTAR VC2 Plus Master

XTAR VP1 Battery Charger LCD

XTAR VC4 LCD Screen USB

s-l500.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    UncleRJ likes this.
  2. shawn.hoefer

shawn.hoefer Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I use the Enova Gyrfalcon All-44 and Enova Gyrfalcon All-88. Low profile, 4 or 8 bays that will hold 26650s all the way across. Bay by bay voltage and amp selection. Awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SMOKIE likes this.
  3. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    hellcatrydr and shawn.hoefer like this.
  4. MannyScoot

MannyScoot Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I just got an efest v6 Luc....... It charges anything..... And getting a 6 bay or 8 bay is a must.... I started with 2 batteries now up to 16 ... Get a big charger from the start..... That way you don't buy 2 or 3 or 4 and spend hours waiting n batteries to charge...

Don't get a 4 amp charger..... For vaping lithium batteries they like 500mah to 1 amp charging...... This balance charges and enlongates the life of the batteries.....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

embee, IMFire3605, H4X0R46 and 2 others like this.
  5. snake94115

snake94115 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Actually the 4+ bay chargers split it up so if you are using 4 cells each charges at 0.5 amps

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

MannyScoot likes this.
  6. shawn.hoefer

Blog Posts:
    stmtpr likes this.
  7. kevinjp

kevinjp Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Nitecore I4 it's reliable not the fanciest but works

shawn.hoefer likes this.
  8. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Opus BTD 3400. It has some cool features that most others lack.

shawn.hoefer likes this.
  9. centella4u

centella4u Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Got these 2 (actually also had the 6-bay with bluetooth but lost it in a resort last year)
    [​IMG]
    Am thinking of getting an 8-bay, any thought?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MannyScoot likes this.
  10. shawn.hoefer

Blog Posts:
    See the post about Gyrfalcon above...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MannyScoot likes this.
  11. Mattp169

Mattp169 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    I will have to disagree
    its the only one I have ever had
    Mine is a 14 months old
    the other day I accidentally put a battery in backwards and walked away for a few minutes, come back and the charger smells like its smoking.
    Long story short -
    2 bays no longer work, all the batteries are fine.

But it supposedly has reverse battery protection which it seems to have but only for a few moments, if you dont remove it quick enough it screws up the charger

hellcatrydr likes this.
  12. Mike H.

Mike H. Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    ive had an Intellicharger i2 for a few years and also use a D2...both have been flawless with charging...I like they only charge at .5 amps and not some super high amp for fast charging..I prefer to use my batteries as long as possible and not premature wear due to fast charging...I think my next charger will be the D4

13. kevinjp

kevinjp Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    weird, I have done the same but protection worked

MannyScoot likes this.
  14. Lotus Insane

Lotus Insane Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Xtar VP4, I love the fact I can charge at .25 amp or switch to .5 for quick charging. Call me a cheapskate, but I will milk the life out of my batteries with the .25amp charge so I don't need to buy new ones. Using Samsung 25r and Some LG brownies. Needing to pick up the LG HB6 for the mech mod so I can start using that with confidence, won't touch the mech till I have the HB6's in hand.

MannyScoot likes this.
  15. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have the 4 bay model and love it. I can reliably charge at different rates across all the bays, it'll easily handle the new larger sizes (26650 21700), and the display is great.
    I had to order mine from China, now that IMR has them, no brainer.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    shawn.hoefer likes this.
  16. MannyScoot

Blog Posts:
    Some don't have protection....

17. MannyScoot

Blog Posts:
    Mine has (2) options..... Put (6) batteries in and it shows all charging at .68

But there is a button I push and it shows 2amps but only (1) battery on the left and (1) on the right side are charging ?????

This mean only one on the Left and one on the Right are charging at 2.0 A.....
    C360_2017-03-29-19-17-03-585.jpg

18. XEVU

XEVU Equal Opportunity Offender VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I use Opus 3400. It will charge, test and refresh any type battery. Well, I don't have a Lipo so I'm not sure about that one.
    LG brownies
    Sanyo
    Samsung
    Sony

NiMH
    Generic Amazon AA

I've used it daily since mid 2015

[​IMG]

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

hellcatrydr and shawn.hoefer like this.
  19. XEVU

Blog Posts:
    I am looking at the xtar v4 Dragon and the luc6 Bluetooth. Just can't make myself get eFest tho. LoL

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

20. CodusSupremus

CodusSupremus New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have been wanting one of these just for the features..Is it worth it?

XEVU likes this.
  21. MannyScoot

Blog Posts:
    You can get a efest Luc v6 (6)bay.. refresh discharge and USB for charging USB to Lipo xt60 or use to charge your laptop or phone and you can charge at .68 slow or 2amp high..... eBay $27.00

Worth every penny !!!!!![​IMG]

22. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    This...

23. XEVU

Blog Posts:
    It is to me, especially with NiMh batteries. The refresh seems to make them like new. They say this version is the same as an updated 3400.

Opus BT - C3100 V2.2 Digital Intelligent 4 Slots LCD Battery Charger Compatible with Li-ion NiCd NiMh Batteries - US Plug (PURPLISH BLUE) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01852TBOU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_18PgzbQJQN4S1

24. ttatlanta

ttatlanta Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    What, no mention of SkyRC MC3000?! Let's fix that.

As a professional photographer, I have a few racks of Maha AA/AAA specific chargers. Most importantly, I have a system for my batteries. Namely, a bunch of simpler 8-slot chargers, and one serious analyzer.

When I started vaping, I quickly realized that 99% of 18650 chargers differ only by way of indication (LED versus fancier LCD/OLED displays), and don't do anything advanced at all. Somehow my "stupid" AA/AAA Maha chargers have a thermal cell-by-cell monitoring, but "advanced" Nitecore don't?!… Anyhow, I've pretty much copied my AA/AAA setup to how I go about the 18650/26650 batteries. Main rack is a motley crew of whatever-multislot-chargers-were-on-sale, and aforementioned MC3000 serves as an analyzer.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  25. Mattp169

Mattp169 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    so I mentioned way earlier i was suing a nitecore I4, but it broke when I left a battery in backwards, only 2 slots were working. I have 7 sets of LG HG2s and 2 sets of 25Rs SO 2 slots was not cutting it for me.
    I just replaced it with the efest LUC v6.
    Ive only had it a few days but it seems to be a better charger then the nitecore I4.
    I have a couple mods that actually display the voltage of the batteries. I had noticed that all my batteries at full charge in these mods read as 4.1V when fully charged on the I4. Since the I4 has no digital display I thought it was just sag or my mods were inaccurate.
    I took a pair of fully charged batteries from my I4 and put them in the efest. The efest's digital display also read them at being 4.1V and then charged them further to the full 4.2. Then when these batteries were in the mods that display battery voltage, they read at 4.2V.
    So the I4 never fully charged my batteries.

another nice thing about this charger is it has an actual power cord. it does not use a usb cable to power it like many of the Xtar chargers. Using a USB cable means making sure whatever you plug it into supplys the correct amps to the charger to get full use of its charging capabilities. ie if you only have a .5 amp wall adapter you are not going to be charging very fast if at all. It also came with a car cigarette lighter adapter as well.

the 2 amp charging that has been mentioned for this is only on slots 3 and 4. According to the manual and everything I have read in the battery forum here says that 2 amp charging is for 26650 batteries and not 18650s. While you can charge 18650s at 2amps it supposedly reduces the life span of 18650s. I am not a battery expert so I do not know this to be 100% true, but I have read this various times on this forum and a few other places.
    Also when you switch to 2 amp charging the other 4 slots do not charge. SO to charge multiple batteries you are limited to .68amps but that is almost double the .375 my I4 was doing

The batteries are easier to install and remove form the efest. The spring loaded tabs are much smoother then my I4.

According to the manual it automatically enters a special charging mode for over discharged batteries that are below 2.9V to try and ressurect them which is a feature not mentioned on most websites that sell this charger.

While it doesnt have some of the analytical features of more expensive chargers I feel $27 for this versus the $17ish for an I4, $22 for a nitecore D4, $30 for the xtar VC4 or $40 for the Xtar VP4 the efest is well worth it since you get
    1. 2 more slots over the other mentioned chargers
    2. a digital display that shows actual voltage versus the I4
    3. it actually charges batteries to the full 4.2V instead of 4.1V on my I4
    4. An actual power supply unlike the Xtars

Now provided it actually holds up as long or longer as the other chargers I mentioned, Then IMHO this is probably the best value in low end chargers on the market at this time

The only qualm I have is the bottom is very smooth. so it slides around my desk easily. It should have some rubber feet on it to stop it from sliding. Otherwise I am very happy with my new charger

Also it is important to not this charger does not charge the rechargable AAA/AA C and D batteries which some o f the other chargers I mentioned do. So if you need a charger for multiple battery chemistries this is not for you

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    gopher_byrd likes this.