Become a Patron!

therion 75w only pulling from one of the two batteries at a time?

blake782

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i purchased a therion 75w mod that had been working great for a month or so. However, in the last week, whenever i use the device, it is only pulling from one of the two batteries so after a full day, i have one battery that has been completely drained and one that is still full. this makes recharging take much longer and is a great inconvenience. i have tried multiple sets of batteries and have the same result with any, i cannot see any issue with the connection or contact point.

anyone else had this problem or have any ideas? i can just switch the batteries position midday to balance out but this is quite annoying

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using fresh married pairs?

Are you charging in mod or on charger?

WEAK BATTERIES DRAIN FASTER THAN STRONGER BATTERIES.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

blake782

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
fresh married pairs and charging externally - doing same thing with two different sets of married 18650s so guess its only pulling form one position but need to test to confirm

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking bad battery tray connections..... the tell will be if the weakend battery is always in the same slot on the mod. Then I would look for a bad solder joint or wire.. Beyond that issue will be PCB related. Making mod toast.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can run the 75 on 1 battery.
So test it. Use a good battery. Put it in the 1st slot. Device should turn on and fire. Repeat with 2nd slot. If both work fine, it's probably your batteries.

VU Sponsors