Become a Patron!

Things Done Changed Haha

Hey everyone. I started vaping in 2010 when "The Flashlight" (I think that's that it was called) was the most badass if not only mod on the market. Good ol' 510 atomizers. I stopped in 2013 or so. Now I just got back on the wagon.

Back then tobacco flavors were the norm. Now I can't hardly find any! Any that I do find are unbearably sweet. What happened to "Red" and "Turkish Blend"? Haha. RY4 was as sweet as it got back then. Any recommendations? Nutty, caramel even, rich... no sweet.
I gotta say though... these sub ohm coils have come a looooong way. This Horizon Sakerz tank is insane! I just need some good juice in it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: Tribeca by Halo is pretty good, maybe a little too sweet for you. The Turkish by Halo is less sweet and more tobacco like.
Those are the only two tobaccos left on the market that I've tried.
Here's the Halo site with some flavor profile info.

I started with TotallyWicked "Titan Range" Menthol in 2012. They quit selling it like 4 years ago. lol

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Halo Turkish probably your best bet, as suggested.
Here's the "hell it's only money" stuff....

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey everyone. I started vaping in 2010 when "The Flashlight" (I think that's that it was called) was the most badass if not only mod on the market. Good ol' 510 atomizers. I stopped in 2013 or so. Now I just got back on the wagon.

Back then tobacco flavors were the norm. Now I can't hardly find any! Any that I do find are unbearably sweet. What happened to "Red" and "Turkish Blend"? Haha. RY4 was as sweet as it got back then. Any recommendations? Nutty, caramel even, rich... no sweet.
I gotta say though... these sub ohm coils have come a looooong way. This Horizon Sakerz tank is insane! I just need some good juice in it.
Best of luck to you in getting your vape just the way you want it, so you never jump off the wagon again.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I think "things done changed" is accurate, if somewhat understated. :teehee:

It gets to be a lot of fun these days if you branch out....into rebuildables first, possibly squonking, possibly AIOs or Billet Boxes, mech tubes, whatever floats yer boat. There are a lot of different directions you can go, and most every direction has its own rewards.

Good on you to come back to vaping. If you've been smoking again since 2013, you'll feel better shortly. Let us know if we can help you!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hehe, greetings man!

welcome-back-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

I started DIY like late 2012 after starting vaping in June 2012...but I don't buy juice anymore. Bobas Bounty was an ADV fave back in the day though.

I still have some olde-skool tobacco flavorings from 2012-2013...they just don't die. :)
IDK if you can get them these days though. Lotta shit went out of business in the last few years.

DIYFS is still around, she's got some nice tobaccos including the old TAB, a Turkish blend, and more.

https://www.diyvaporsupply.com/tobacco-flavors/

Me, I mainly vape Hangsen RY4, BluBacco, Hangsen Elder Captain, a DIY'd peachy tobacco flavor like the old little cigars...plus a few cigar type flavorings mostly as accent flavors. I vape a lot of things besides tobaccos though, probably 70% are non-tobaccos.

If you really want a tobacco hit from a flavoring, Tobacco Absolute will do it...in a solution. It's like tar.

Halo Turkish probably your best bet, as suggested.
Here's the "hell it's only money" stuff....

Turkish blends were always the best. Ordering this now. Thank you.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hehe, greetings man!

View attachment 196127

I started DIY like late 2012 after starting vaping in June 2012...but I don't buy juice anymore. Bobas Bounty was an ADV fave back in the day though.

I still have some olde-skool tobacco flavorings from 2012-2013...they just don't die. :)
IDK if you can get them these days though. Lotta shit went out of business in the last few years.

DIYFS is still around, she's got some nice tobaccos including the old TAB, a Turkish blend, and more.

https://www.diyvaporsupply.com/tobacco-flavors/

Me, I mainly vape Hangsen RY4, BluBacco, Hangsen Elder Captain, a DIY'd peachy tobacco flavor like the old little cigars...plus a few cigar type flavorings mostly as accent flavors. I vape a lot of things besides tobaccos though, probably 70% are non-tobaccos.

If you really want a tobacco hit from a flavoring, Tobacco Absolute will do it...in a solution. It's like tar.
FLV has some really good tobaccos.

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FLV has some really good tobaccos.
If u want flavors inawera has some good ones like gold ducat and captain jack
Flavorah and Inewera have good tobacco flavors, but be aware they are flavors for DIY and not pre-made juices. If you want to get started making your own, head down to our DIY sub-forum and we will help you out.

Welcome to VU BTW! :cheers:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah and Inewera have good tobacco flavors, but be aware they are flavors for DIY and not pre-made juices. If you want to get started making your own, head down to our DIY sub-forum and we will help you out.

Welcome to VU BTW! :cheers:
Good point!
For the record I'm throwing @CaFF under the bus for derailing into flavors, lol.
CAFF !!!!!!!!!!! 🤣
1661367177593.png

I have tried three since I started this thread... I give up. I'm finding something fruity and readily available I guess...

I dont know where u tried but this is one of the places where i would go to pick.

(They have amazing customer service, if u tell them what u like to smoke they will give u suggestions, and u can get a sample pack)

Good luck tho, cappucino is a great flavor, so is peanut butter, sour apple, dinner lady lemon tart, watermelon (altho watermelon is known to be too chemically tasting sometimes, just a heads up). I prefer tobacco flavors too, so i truly empathize, especially when that is what they r trying to limit vaping to.

If you want i can pm u the link to the juice i get for u to consider
Right on. I appreciate that man.

VU Sponsors