Become a Patron!

Threading Issue

407Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A couple days ago I was messing around with my 49 at a local shop and dropped it. Some of the threading got bent and it was suggested to me to take needle nose pliers and bend it back into place. After doing so I noticed that the threads still didn't fit.

cbe85aec3ce3615154fdd673195d1e92.jpg

As you can see there. Is there any quick solutions to this without having to use a dremel?

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Short of buying a dedicated (an authentic Tarsius 4Nine is 20X.05mm, as are the better 1:1 clones) die or thread file... the fix would be to remove, or "interrupt", the damaged threads entirely.

A fine finish, flat file, to turn that ugly divot into a smooth flat surface, should do the deed.

407Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Short of buying a dedicated (an authentic Tarsius 4Nine is 20X.05mm, as are the better 1:1 clones) die or thread file... the fix would be to remove, or "interrupt", the damaged threads entirely.

A fine finish, flat file, to turn that ugly divot into a smooth flat surface, should do the deed.

I got it. I was actually able to use a small phillips head to straighten out the threads then try twisting it on till it fit. Its a little sticky now, but it works.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As long as it's not so "sticky" that it's chewing on the female thread it engages... as it's relatively soft copper, with enough burrs and boogers... it can chew itself to nothingness in fairly short order.

If it's authentic... bummer (but Tarsius Customs will replace the tube section for minimal money) - if it's a clone, well... you're probably not all that butthurt.
scare3.gif
biggrin.gif

407Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As long as it's not so "sticky" that it's chewing on the female thread it engages... as it's relatively soft copper, with enough burrs and boogers... it can chew itself to nothingness in fairly short order.

If it's authentic... bummer (but Tarsius Customs will replace the tube section for minimal money) - if it's a clone, well... you're probably not all that butthurt.
scare3.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeh its the clone, but it seems to be working alright for now. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since you have it sorted; I'd just leave those pieces together permanently with a little NOLOX on the threads. No need to continuously take each section apart. Honestly, I unthread my copper mods on an 'as needed' basis anyway; since copper wears so fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors