Become a Patron!

Throat Burning

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok so I got in here to help with my device. Which I got awesome help. The problem solved and now my juice is tasting GREAT. I'm chain vaping and don't know if I'm being paranoid or what but every time I hit it I get a burning in my throat. Now once again don't know if my vaping more is the cause or just coming down with something. My juice is The Drank by Doused and flavor is awesome I'm a flavor chaser. The nic is 6. Is this vapers tounge or what. Sorry if this is dumb but I'm a newbie trying to get my new hobbie dialed in. Thanks all. I'm vaping a Dovpo e-lvt at 20w. With kanger sub mini tank.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
"Vapor's tongue" is the inability to taste the flavor of your favorite eJuice. In order to avoid it, ideally, you have 3-4 different eJuice flavors, that you switch to during the day.

Most people having issues, like you describe, or worse, are due to allergic reactions to PG. On rare occasions, it can be VG. Try using a higher VG level (70-80) in your eJuice, and see if that helps. I used 80 VG eJuice in my Subtank Plus, without any wicking problems, that could cause dry hits.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the reply. I've been vaping this juice for a while. I just thought since my taste got dialed im that I'm vapin more and that's causing my sore throat.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply. I've been vaping this juice for a while. I just thought since my taste got dialed im that I'm vapin more and that's causing my sore throat.
That could well be the case. Are you a former smoker? How much did you smoke? There's a chance your nicotine intake may also be a bit high if you're vaping more, but I'd lean more toward @Neunerball's suspicion of a PG sensitivity...

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm a smoker. But trying to stop matter of fact used to smoke 1 1/2 packs a day now I'm down to pack every 2 days. So before long I'll be off with any luck. Someone else said its due to high nic cause this brand higest level is 6 and that's what I have. I'm thinking of getting same juice just in say a 0 or 2 and mix in my tank so it will lower to a 3-4 hopefully. Thanks for your reply I really do appreciate all the help I get here. I don't think it's the PG cause I've been doing high PG on all my flavored juice. I was told that's for the flavor. I hope not though. That would suck. My throat feels lil better this morning so hope it's was just aggravated. Thanks again. Love my new hobbie or should I say life style.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I have Vape toungue. Had help dialing in my flavor found out it was coil. Went from .5 to 1.2 cause I'm vaping at 20-22w. Flavor was AWESOME for the 1st day. Then yesterday had sore throat and burning taste. Today not so much sore throat but burning taste with a hint of flavor. So tell me all is this the dreaded Vapor tongue?? I have recently stopped cigs and read that was one reason why. Help me what can I do and how long does this last. Should I continue to vape??

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I have Vape toungue. Had help dialing in my flavor found out it was coil. Went from .5 to 1.2 cause I'm vaping at 20-22w. Flavor was AWESOME for the 1st day. Then yesterday had sore throat and burning taste. Today not so much sore throat but burning taste with a hint of flavor. So tell me all is this the dreaded Vapor tongue?? I have recently stopped cigs and read that was one reason why. Help me what can I do and how long does this last. Should I continue to vape??
With the 1.2 Ohm coil, you probably should dial down the power (compared to the power used for the 0.5 Ohm coil). If you really have "Vapor's tongue", there's not a lot you can do, besides switching to a different flavor for a while. The taste will come back over time. However, it's impossible to put a time on that.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dam!! Thanks I will be dropping down until I can switch out favors after work. Dam!!!!!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Dam!! Thanks I will be dropping down until I can switch out favors after work. Dam!!!!!
With any different coil, or eJuice, you have to find the sweet spot for the eJuice, and your preference. I'd say, with the 1.2 Ohm coil, start at 15W, and increment the wattage, until you've found that sweet spot. You shouldn't get any burned taste at all, otherwise your wattage is too high.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Alright I'm gonna try that. Did I say I was new to all this. Lol. Thanks for being patient with me. I've already learned so much here. Can't thank you enough.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Alright I'm gonna try that. Did I say I was new to all this. Lol. Thanks for being patient with me. I've already learned so much here. Can't thank you enough.
We all had to start somewhere. Most of us went through the same issues when we started.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We all had to start somewhere. Most of us went through the same issues when we started.

Just frustrating I am overwhelmed by all help from everyone. I even have a guy paying it forward in California sending me a tank. Crazy generosity on here. This forum has some stand up people on here. I'm in Columbus Ohio wish I had a buddy who vapes and knows his stuff but I don't. But hey maybe I'll find one on here. Far as I'm concerned I have bunch of NEW friends.

VU Sponsors