Become a Patron!

Throat irritation-not sure if vape or gettting ill.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, I recently started to vape zero nic juice after a break ( I wished to enjoy the various flavours available, and some nice clouds, just no nic).

Today, my throat feels really sore like when you have tonsilitis coming on, I did actually have a cough a few days ago( Before the vape).

I am not sure on PG and VG mix, this is bought from local shops so I gather its high PG/Low VG. I am going to try a 50/50 mix or maybe lower.

Does anyone else experience irritation? I'l let you know tommmorow if it is the vape or I am actually getting ill, but I never got throat irritation when I used to vape.

Regards, Conan.

vapenator

Member For 4 Years
good for you staying away form the nic, it is not a choice for alot of us here. If I were you I would try a high VG. Also I am assuming you use pre built coils, if so it might be time to change your coil and clean your tank/clearo. And just in case start drinking some orange juice and get a good nites sleep:)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
good for you staying away form the nic, it is not a choice for alot of us here. If I were you I would try a high VG. Also I am assuming you use pre built coils, if so it might be time to change your coil and clean your tank/clearo. And just in case start drinking some orange juice and get a good nites sleep:)

Hi Vapenater, thanks for the advice, the coil has only been in for 3 days though and seems to produce loads of vapour? I will give my/clearo/ tanks a clean, although its only a few days old lol.

I'm not ill, but my voice has dropped about 2 octaves, I sound really deep! This has never happened before, this is a new juice and I only got back into vaping in the past week. Should I stop vaping for now until I get High VG solution? I can order some with my Cloupor mini 30 on Saturday, I am counting down the days lol, so excited. Think I am going to get a nautilus tanks, don't know wether to get mini or full size though.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people are sensitive to PG and others to VG, I know that if my juice contains over a certain amount of PG , I will start coughing and my throat will get sore as well. Another thing that happens to me sometimes is if I vape at too high a wattage the burn will start in my throat meaning for me I have to step the power down a bit, a bad coil can do the same too.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've notice now that its allergy season my adv is slightly irritating my throat. Could be that too. Also some lemon flavors cause soreness as well.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've notice now that its allergy season my adv is slightly irritating my throat. Could be that too. Also some lemon flavors cause soreness as well.
Aha! Its a new lemon flavour, I wasn't getting it with the herbal flavour! I've changed back to the old flavour, lets see if it works.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
At this point it could be anything.

Summer cold, PG or VG allergy or the Black Plague.

Or even an STD depending on where your "drip tip" has been:D

All kidding aside, is it possible you are vaping a lot, LOT more as your body is craving nicotine that is no longer there?

PG will play merry hell with your throat if you are not drinking a lot of water.

Just a few random thoughts.

Some more random than otherso_O

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hope you aren't coming down with what I had for the last two weeks. If so, you won't even be able to vape. Today's actually the first day I'm able to have a vape without immediately coughing it out.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I don't think its the vaping at all. My tongue has a lovely black and yellow coating and yellow on my throat. I have a doctors appointment at 11:50.

I feel like a bus has done dirty things to me, so pretty rough.

Uncle RJ, I stopped nic 8 months ago and only vape nic free. PG I know I am not allergic to through taking copius amounts the oral route for other reasons( It makes a great suspension for certain meds) I think it may be black plague, my drip tips only been stored in one area for the past 4 years lol(Engaged).

And vaperature, I don\'t think I can vape :(. I am glad I am not nicotine dependant anymore and can stop/start as I please. Was hard to get their though. How did you cope through the 2 weeks??

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been to the doctors, its a throat infection. They put me on Phenoxymethylpeniciilin, which I have never had or heard of lol. I know the penicillin part, but not the rest.

So, we know its not vaping related, as when I vaped before it didn't cause any irritation or anything, and the doctor said its an infection. Got a yukky tongue coating from all the bacteria yukk. I'm glad I have a slightly better tank now, as I can sterilize it everyday to make sure I don't keep giving it back to myself lol.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you went to your Dr's, and I hope you start feeling better very soon:)
Thanks Whiskey :). Hopefully I feel better when my new vaping gear arrives, not tommorow but the day after is when I order, so I should get my setup on tuesday, I can't wait lol

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm excited for you!!!!! Report back with how you like it ok?
Of course I will! This Saturday I am ordering the Cloupor 30 watt mini, with a samsung 2500MAH 20 amp battery, and a pack of 5 spare coils to get me through the next fortnight, as that is my second payday. Then I will order either the nautilus or Aerotank V2, and a nitecore charger ( I will use the usb with the cloupor for the first 2 weeks).

I feel really excited lol

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well this explains why I feel like I'm inhaling a cigar when vape this pink lemonade juice I just got....."The more you know"

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@conanthewarrior i know its a gross question but what color was that tongue coating? I'm also getting a sore throat in the mornings and a strange coating on the tongue as well... none of my foods would be doing that.

on topic of moisture in lungs... I'm noticing that when I cough to clear my throat, sometimes I can feel a lot of drops of fluid blowing from my chest onto the back of my throat (this fluid is not mucus or anything, its definitely 100% vapor buildup) and sorry for this detail but the fluid is sweet on the back of my tongue.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@conanthewarrior i know its a gross question but what color was that tongue coating? I'm also getting a sore throat in the mornings and a strange coating on the tongue as well... none of my foods would be doing that.

on topic of moisture in lungs... I'm noticing that when I cough to clear my throat, sometimes I can feel a lot of drops of fluid blowing from my chest onto the back of my throat (this fluid is not mucus or anything, its definitely 100% vapor buildup) and sorry for this detail but the fluid is sweet on the back of my tongue.

Well it was yellow and blacky-blue colour, really deep colour though. It was a throat infection in the end and I am fine with vaping, and that is very odd noticing juice when you cough or clear your throat, I know it sounds daft but your device isn't leaking is it? As if you actually are inhaling, well respirating Liquid (not vapour, liquid) you run the risk of some quite serious infections.

Also, how often are you vaping? Do you chain vape, or only use it occasionally?

I just want to get a better picture of your use/what could be causing it.

No worries about it being gross, we all have bodies that do nasty things sometimes lol.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am one hell of a chain vaper. i run around 60w, on a dual coil 0.18 ohm build. Normally I do not get the taste of the actual juice on my tongue which would indicate spitting and respirating. I have a feeling that the pg in my 70/30 blend is condensating due to the sheer quantity of juice i vape daily.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am one hell of a chain vaper. i run around 60w, on a dual coil 0.18 ohm build. Normally I do not get the taste of the actual juice on my tongue which would indicate spitting and respirating. I have a feeling that the pg in my 70/30 blend is condensating due to the sheer quantity of juice i vape daily.

I haven't actually used nicotine myself in arounr 8-9 months, so I chain vape as theres no risk involved. I'm pretty new to the more advanced vaporizers, but if `I use my RDA I get through 10Mls a day sometimes, usually at least 6ML ( I make my own so its cheap, and so easy, honestly buy a litre of propolyne glycol and a litre of vegetable glycerin for about £10/$, then the concentrates are only about £2 each, and from them I get about 100 mls). when I first got one the ego style was big and clearomizers were the in thing lol, I have never literally coughed drips of juice up though (I don't have a cough since I stopped smoking anyway) but if you genuinely are coughing up juice, and you are sure it is juice, I would go to the doctor and get your chest checked out.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i diy, too. theres no way i can support this habit that was supposed to be cheaper than smoking if i bought premade juice all the time. this guy's got rent, bills and a wife to take care of.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i diy, too. theres no way i can support this habit that was supposed to be cheaper than smoking if i bought premade juice all the time. this guy's got rent, bills and a wife to take care of.
Right there with ya man bills,rent,wife, dog,gas,lunch,.... Need I go on lol

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you get through a lot of juice, it probably isn't cheaper than smoking. But safer, I can bet my life on (BTW if it comes out tommorrow that Ecigs and mods are the main cause of cancer, I am not carrying through with that promise lol).

VU Sponsors