Become a Patron!

TID mod MOSFET replacement.

Hello all, does anybody know where i can get my TID parallel mechanical mod MOSFET replaced it popped on me the other day and does not fire at all the MOSFET just gets hot when i press the fire button.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was going to suggest looking at Fat Daddy's but did so myself. It seems Fat Daddy doesn't carry MOSFETs. Not sure exactly which particular MOSFET you require, might start looking here though. From what a gather about MOSFETs as relates to our mods, they're usually a 3 Amp type of switch/part.

I'm sure someone with better info on mosfets and mods using them will along be shortly to help you. Maybe @DogMan has some insight, or knows who might. I use purely mechanical mods, so far. Hope I've helped. :) Welcome home too, fellow vaper. :)

I was going to suggest looking at Fat Daddy's but did so myself. It seems Fat Daddy doesn't carry MOSFETs. Not sure exactly which particular MOSFET you require, might start looking here though. From what a gather about MOSFETs as relates to our mods, they're usually a 3 Amp type of switch/part.

I'm sure someone with better info on mosfets and mods using them will along be shortly to help you. Maybe @DogMan has some insight, or knows who might. I use purely mechanical mods, so far. Hope I've helped. :) Welcome home too, fellow vaper. :)
Thanks for the warm welcome ☺. If possible i might be able to replace it myself but it is always easier to send it out and have it done. I need the specs on the type of MOSFET i would need if nobody offers a repair service. Thanks for the help guys its grealty appreciated.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

i think the FETs sonar uses are over 100amp rated, studiovape's are 15amp with resettable fuse

depends on your needs, the internal resistance is a factor for some people, amp limit others, and some degree of safety in needing it to be a fused one important for others

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i think the FETs sonar uses are over 100amp rated, studiovape's are 15amp with resettable fuse

depends on your needs, the internal resistance is a factor for some people, amp limit others, and some degree of safety in needing it to be a fused one important for others

Ah, I see. Well, I live and learn. :) Hope tomorrow brings new lessons as well. I've seemingly gotten a couple today. *chuckles* That's living and life for us. :)

Ok so what is youre guys suggestion on the specs of the MOSFET i would need with saftey in mind amp limits, internal resistance etc.. i dont want it to pop in my face lol. But i also would like it to work like it did originally. Agian the mod is a parallel TID.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Yes that is the one I would and have used many times.. just don't forget you also need to order a 15k resistor to install on it to make it work properly.

Ok thank you very much ☺ which leg of the MOSFET does the resistor go on and what is the best way to insulate the resistor from the enclosure?

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Sorry had to be away from computer . The 15k resistor is soldered between the Gate pin and the Source pin. (or in other words the two outer legs of mosfet. I usually just form the legs of resistor into a U shape and tuck body of resistor on top of mosfet butting it against the metal plate. Or if you were talking about insulating the mosfet from the enclosure then what most do is put heat shrink around the mosfet and individual legs where they are soldered to the wires. Although some people claim that enclosing mosfet in heat shrink can lead to faster failure due to heat build up on mosfet. So your choice. I pretty much always make my mods out of wood so never have to worry about insultaing it.

Hey guys i thank you all so very much my baby is back up and running. Again thanks for all the help and i will be back on the forum from time to time, i work a lot so sorry for the late response.

VU Sponsors