Become a Patron!

Titanium Wire

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i saw this
-Gr2 0.34mm / 0.013" / AWG 28
anyone know anything about using titanium wire? what if any are the benefits and any possible drawbacks??

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would do your homework before vaping titanium; as I know certain forms can be quite toxic. Ever hear of titanium dioxide? Yea..

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes i have.. i just noticed a couple of places putting this wire up on their sites

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Titanium Wire Grade 2

shipped on its own spool

ASTM F-67

resistance: 8.2 Ohm/m ..... 2.50 Ohm/ft

wire diameter: 0.27mm / 0.011" / AWG 29

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
t-dioxide i know about, thus when i saw this i was wondering what grade 2 titanium astm f-67 was all about.. doing google search now.. lol

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Implants are one thing.

I have them myself.

But heating an inhaling it may be different.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Implants are one thing.

I have them myself.

But heating an inhaling it may be different.
This is what concerns me. I have titanium screws in my leg; not sure if want to Vape on them though lol

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
absolutely agree.. hence the curiosity when this popped up on a vapeing supply site.. just thought maybe some of you experts may shed some light on this. im sure we will be hearing more about this stuff as it starts to get pimped to vape shops.. i wonder what ohm you leg is?? lol

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Titanium will work fine but can catch fire in the presence of Oxygen ummm I just read this on Wikipedia so do I vape in space? haha

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have emailed the vendor for some info on this..will be interesting to se what they say, i will post reply once i get it

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess what is the benefit would be my question it does have a 1600C melting point maybe thats it.. I really do not know for a change and for some reason do not care I have Titanium posts in my mouth Titaniun parts on my expensive arse guitars but hmmm

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess what is the benefit would be my question it does have a 1600C melting point maybe thats it.. I really do not know for a change and for some reason do not care I have Titanium posts in my mouth Titaniun parts on my expensive arse guitars but hmmm
Kanthal has a similarly high melting point as well

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kanthal has a similarly high melting point as well
I was reading up on it said I woudnt it see,s that the wire burns up alot hahaha well enought of that..
maybe thicker titanium wont? ok me done me so tired me go love vape long time

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was reading up on it said I woudnt it see,s that the wire burns up alot hahaha well enought of that..
maybe thicker titanium wont? ok me done me so tired me go love vape long time
Ahahahaha!

So eloquently put sir! Lol

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ha posted this thread nov last year, titanium wire..wtf u reckon.. funny now its all the thing!! still havnt tried it or even nickel, might give temp control a go someday!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried Ti yet, but from what I understand, you need to use grade 1 or Ti01 for TC. I have however used Ni200 (pure Nickel) with very good results in TC.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
I haven't tried Ti yet, but from what I understand, you need to use grade 1 or Ti01 for TC. I have however used Ni200 (pure Nickel) with very good results in TC.

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah Steve that's right.
I've been using 28 and 26 g ti1
I recommend not even bothering with 28 g unless you plan to twist it with KA A1. It's far to springy
26 is good and haven't had any ti dioxide as you won't be able to hit a high enough temp with TC to create it.
On the snow wolf I have read to use ti 1 at 100 degrees Fahrenheit lower than nickel.
Vapes great I recommend giving it a try. If I could go back and place my order again I would have bough 24g and 26g. As well your ti 1 resistance will be approximately double that of nickel mb even a bit more.
I'm vaping dual coil 7 wraps 26g @ .20ohms

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah Steve that's right.
I've been using 28 and 26 g ti1
I recommend not even bothering with 28 g unless you plan to twist it with KA A1. It's far to springy
26 is good and haven't had any ti dioxide as you won't be able to hit a high enough temp with TC to create it.
On the snow wolf I have read to use ti 1 at 100 degrees Fahrenheit lower than nickel.
Vapes great I recommend giving it a try. If I could go back and place my order again I would have bough 24g and 26g. As well your ti 1 resistance will be approximately double that of nickel mb even a bit more.
I'm vaping dual coil 7 wraps 26g @ .20ohms

Weird - I have one billow with 26 gauge and another with 28 gauge. I actually find the 28 gauge slightly less springy than the 26!

Weird - I have one billow with 26 gauge and another with 28 gauge. I actually find the 28 gauge slightly less springy than the 26!

Strange
I don't torch the ti first mb I should give that a try. Do you?
I just cut the wire I'm going to use them clean it with isopropyl on cotton and wipe it down, then wrap away.
I bought mine from the vape mesh
company, some good prices and they carry some exotic wires like 99.9% silver
And you thought Ti1 was expensive!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Strange
I don't torch the ti first mb I should give that a try. Do you?
I just cut the wire I'm going to use them clean it with isopropyl on cotton and wipe it down, then wrap away.
I bought mine from the vape mesh
company, some good prices and they carry some exotic wires like 99.9% silver
And you thought Ti1 was expensive!
No, I don't torch mine at all. Once it's on the mod I do pulse till blue! I did have to stick the 28 gauge in the UC though first, because it's dirtier than my 26! I got both of mine from Unkamen.

Oh, I have a ton of silver wire left over from my jewelry making days (when it was a lot cheaper)!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i do not pulse or do anything to my TI
wrap it install it wick it lock it and vape
i use only spaced coils so far. contact has not worked out for me

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, I don't torch mine at all. Once it's on the mod I do pulse till blue! I did have to stick the 28 gauge in the UC though first, because it's dirtier than my 26! I got both of mine from Unkamen.

Oh, I have a ton of silver wire left over from my jewelry making days (when it was a lot cheaper)!

^^ This... I do this with my titanium. It doesn't always turn blue tho, sometimes it just discolors, but for the most part it turns blue. Trick is don't get it glowing hot or it'll form the dreaded titanium dioxide. I think my titanium was annealed (I got Spider Wire at 1$ per foot UGH!), but I'll be getting some from Unkamen supplies (35ft for 10$... much better).

Maybe that stuff will turn blue on me as its straight titanium without being annealed.

VU Sponsors