Become a Patron!

Titanium wire

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TC ONLY!

SS wire can do both.[/QUOTE

Thank you !! Seen videos on youtube where guys was doing 65 70 watts with it... Vapowire was no help in email...

Mike Phillips 3:11 PM (1 hour ago)
I asked twice if your titanium wire is temp control only or if you can do wattage to.

Drew Lance
3:17 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Mike,

That is not a specification of Titanium Wire. That is dependent on your Vape. As we do not sell these other devises we do not advise how to set them up. Titanium Wire by itself has no settings for anything. What we can advise on are things like what is the tensile strength, or diameter, or melting temperature, ect.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AFIK it is TC only. Now one could do TC at 70W?
I think both Nickel and Titanium if over heated give off some nasty stuff you do not want to inhale much of.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here is some info for you and a link provided to the entire article for most wire types for vaping. Sure you can use Titanium in wattage mode if you are extremely careful and it not that you can't it is more do you want to.

Pure Titanium Vape Wire
Titanium wire is still relatively new on the market and is used in many sub-ohm tank coil heads for Temperature Control. It is considerably stronger than Ni200, making it much easier to work with. The resistance of Titanium is about double that of Ni200, allowing you to use considerably less wraps compared to Nickel when reaching your target resistance. A concern worth noting for Titanium is the fact that it can heat up to a point of ignition. If the metal combusts, you will see a flame that no fire extinguisher can put out; in which case you just have to let it burn out. Also worth noting is the formation of Titanium Dioxide which can be harmful to your health if inhaled. The good news is that Titanium Dioxide only forms in temperatures around 1,200°F (600°C). This may seem like a lot, just remember that a brightly glowing orange coil can easily exceed temperatures up to 1,300°F. A simple solution is to not glow your coils and you’ll never have to worry about combustion or Titanium Dioxide. If you see any kind of white powder forming around your coil, please be sure to dispose of the wire and wrap a new coil. Titanium Dioxide is no joke and can produce some serious side-effects if ingested for an extended period of time. If you are unsure or have any doubt about your coil, simply throw it away and start a new.

https://www.misthub.com/blogs/vape-...anium-vs-kanthal-vs-stainless-steel-vape-wire

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So in TC mode.. Take your hit and after 2 or 3 seconds it stops hitting. Does mean the wire has reached the temp you have it set at ?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So in TC mode.. Take your hit and after 2 or 3 seconds it stops hitting. Does mean the wire has reached the temp you have it set at ?

In TC Mode it stops firing when it reaches the set temperature. How hard you draw and how open the air flow will allow you to pull longer.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Using geekvapes loops 1.5 air open all the way...The way i draw is about a normal breath when breathing..

The way you draw is how the coils cool, but what is most important with TC Mode (IMO) is finding the perfect wattage and temperature to achieve the cool or hot vape you pursue. I started using TC maxing out the wattage but running lower gives me better flavor and a cooler vape. Now the same coils I started using at 100W I run at 60W. Still at an average of 460°F though and can take longer pulls without hitting Temperature Protect.

Last edited:

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The way you draw is how the coils cool, but what is most important with TC Mode (IMO) is finding the perfect wattage and temperature to achieve the cool or hot vape you pursue. I started using TC maxing out the wattage but running lower gives me better flavor and a cooler vape. Now the same coils I started using at 100W I run at 60W. Still at an average of 460°F though and can take longer pulls without hit Temperature Protect.

Now from what i seeing on youtube. For Titanium and TC and spaced coils.. Spaced seems weaker to me.. Do you have to space them or can you still do a normal tight coil ?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now from what i seeing on youtube. For Titanium and TC and spaced coils.. Spaced seems weaker to me.. Do you have to space them or can you still do a normal tight coil ?

You can do basically whatever you want some like spaced coils but I prefer contact coils. There is no hard and fast rules for coils except stay over .

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Titanium dioxide is classified as "possibly carcinogenic to humans" based on studies performed on rats in which their lungs were bombarded/overloaded with titanium dioxide

In humans, people considered to be exposed to titanium dioxide did not have a higher occurence of cancer than the general population

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11560336/

That aside, titanium dioxide is obvious because it it white, and flaky - titanium will change colors from gold-purple-blue-then "paint yellow/white" in that order - I get a bad taste if I heat them past purple, so I heat them carefully before wicking - they may be a tad gold, no further than that

This metal is not fragile or dangerous, TC mode is not a requirement unless you often get 200w dry hits - that's what I suppose needs to happen to cause any danger

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Titanium dioxide is classified as "possibly carcinogenic to humans" based on studies performed on rats in which their lungs were bombarded/overloaded with titanium dioxide

In humans, people considered to be exposed to titanium dioxide did not have a higher occurence of cancer than the general population

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11560336/

That aside, titanium dioxide is obvious because it it white, and flaky - titanium will change colors from gold-purple-blue-then "paint yellow/white" in that order - I get a bad taste if I heat them past purple, so I heat them carefully before wicking - they may be a tad gold, no further than that

This metal is not fragile or dangerous, TC mode is not a requirement unless you often get 200w dry hits - that's what I suppose needs to happen to cause any danger

I tried it... Like N80 SS and Kanthal better.. titanium seems harder to wick seems to want to move around more when wicking...

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I tried it... Like N80 SS and Kanthal better.. titanium seems harder to wick seems to want to move around more when wicking...

What gauge were you using? It is pretty hard and springy

VU Sponsors