Become a Patron!

to hell with juice...let's have your favorite food recepies.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
after reading tons of e juice recepies...why not a thread for foodies
let's have some of your favoriter dishes and recepies pictures are a big plus....but if your computer skill lacking the recepies will be fine.....come on then let's have the goods.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ahhh how long ya got dude!
I wrote a cookbook years back, when I was in rehab.

my favorite one that my Sicilian grandmother gave me, that has been my lifes mission to replicate but I cannot.

Sicilian Chocolate Rabbit

One rabbit, butchered and bones left in
Mirepoix-- diced Carrot Celery Onion
garlic
basil
porcini mushrooms
extra virgin olive oil
white wine 1-1.5cup
wine vinegar .3-.5cup
I small piece of dark chocolate (one small square from a bar)
pine nuts
white flour
seasoning mix of: fresh cracked- black pepper, salt, white pepper, red pepper, anise clove and small (miute)amount of red curry powder

in a cast iron skillet heat extra virgin olive oil and
bread the rabbit with seasoned flour
brown the rabbit in the skillet
take the rabbit out and throw in the mirepoix and mushrooms
add garlic
add wine and let it reduce
add vingar and let simmer
add pine nuts
stir to thicken
add and fold in the chocolate
add the rabbit back and let it simmer for about a half hour folding and stirring frequently
chiffonade the basil and add it and fold that it.

serve over homemade linguini

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh fucking brilliant recepie...can't believe theer's no calabrian hot peppers in there though...oh I'm making that one....tell my daughter it's chicken...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
oh fucking brilliant recepie...can't believe theer's no calabrian hot peppers in there though...oh I'm making that one....tell my daughter it's chicken...
hahaha, add the peppers and let me know

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK one of my all time favorites.
Fagiolini in salsa di capperi.

OK blanche or steam green beans till still crunchy throw them in an ice water bath to cool

sauce:
1/4 cup of capers in vingear.
2 ounces of shelled walnuts
20 sprigs of Italian parsely
10 scallions the white part
3 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 bay leaves
salt pepper
1/2 cup white wine.

mince walnuts capers scallions parsely
melt butter and oil add the minced ingredints low heat raise heat add vinegar and bay leafs when vingar has evaporated and wine cook for another 5 minutes till you have a sauce.

drain beans .dry... throw in some olive oil salt and pepper

mix beans with sauce....cut whells of tomatoe place a beans on top of them sprinkle with fresh cut basil....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
one of my favorite things in the world to snack one, then I'm passing out and will add a few tomorrow when I have the time after work

I go to the butcher and just ask for "marrow bones"
they'll give me a bag full for around 5$

I turn the broiler on
lay them on the backing baking pan marrow side facing up

in a small bowl I mix together fresh, garlic, finley diced green onion, oregano and some butter to bind it
drizzle GOOD olive oil on the bones and take a teaspoon of the mixture and put it on each bone.

let them in the broiler for ten or 15 minutes until the marrow liquefies.

I another pan cut medaians of a baguette, and spread garlic butter and top with fresh grated parmesian and romano cheases,

when the bones come out, spread the marrow on the bread

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK one of my all time favorites.
Fagiolini in salsa di capperi.

OK blanche or steam green beans till still crunchy throw them in an ice water bath to cool

sauce:
1/4 cup of capers in vingear.
2 ounces of shelled walnuts
20 sprigs of Italian parsely
10 scallions the white part
3 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 bay leaves
salt pepper
1/2 cup white wine.

mince walnuts capers scallions parsely
melt butter and oil add the minced ingredints low heat raise heat add vinegar and bay leafs when vingar has evaporated and wine cook for another 5 minutes till you have a sauce.

drain beans .dry... throw in some olive oil salt and pepper

mix beans with sauce....cut whells of tomatoe place a beans on top of them sprinkle with fresh cut basil....
saving that one!!! love capers!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
one of my favorite things in the world to snack one, then I'm passing out and will add a few tomorrow when I have the time after work

I go to the butcher and just ask for "marrow bones"
they'll give me a bag full for around 5$

I turn the broiler on
lay them on the backing baking pan marrow side facing up

in a small bowl I mix together fresh, garlic, finley diced green onion, oregano and some butter to bind it
drizzle GOOD olive oil on the bones and take a teaspoon of the mixture and put it on each bone.

let them in the broiler for ten or 15 minutes until the marrow liquefies.

I another pan cut medaians of a baguette, and spread garlic butter and top with fresh grated parmesian and romano cheases,

when the bones come out, spread the marrow on the bread
fuck me...you are a dirty dirty nasty boy.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lets see... heres another good one pot pasta

1/4 diced bacon
heavy cream
garlic
white flour
butter
white onion
fresh grated parmesian and romano cheases,
black olive
capers
white onion
diced mushrooms
angel hair pasta

fry off the bacon and set the bacon to the side leaving a small amount grease in the pan
add a tablespoon of butter onion and let onion turn clear
add garlic
add heavy cream
when cream begins temper add, flour and cheases to thicken
add back olive, caper. mushroom and season to taste

put angel hair in sauce and fold everything together

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lets see... heres another good one pot pasta

1/4 diced bacon
heavy cream
garlic
white flour
butter
white onion
fresh grated parmesian and romano cheases,
black olive
capers
white onion
diced mushrooms
angel hair pasta

fry off the bacon and set the bacon to the side leaving a small amount grease in the pan
add a tablespoon of butter onion and let onion turn clear
add garlic
add heavy cream
when cream begins temper add, flour and cheases to thicken
add back olive, caper. mushroom and season to taste

put angel hair in sauce and fold everything together
sounds alot lot like bucatini-allamatriciana

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yeah it is a mix of the two...blaspahme..bucattini alla amatriciana is one of the holy sacrments of the church you phillistine.
haha, I was a chef at Italian places for most of my career. we have no soul

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
a good snack that tastes healthy

diced and seaded Roma Tomato
diced marinated mozzarella
thinly sliced basil
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar

cut medaians of a baguette, and spread garlic butter and top with fresh grated parmesian and romano cheases and bake until crispy

mix together the tomatoes, chease, oil, basil and vinegar, mix together well, and let cool in fridge or flavors to marry
scoop the mixture on the bread and serve.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a good snack that tastes healthy

diced and seaded Roma Tomato
diced marinated mozzarella
thinly sliced basil
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar

cut medaians of a baguette, and spread garlic butter and top with fresh grated parmesian and romano cheases and bake until crispy

mix together the tomatoes, chease, oil, basil and vinegar, mix together well, and let cool in fridge or flavors to marry
scoop the mixture on the bread and serve.
bruschetta.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
bruschetta.
yeah, basic,,, but I love those 4 or 5 ingredient dishes with all fresh ingrediants.
so simple; yet, so satisifying

i'll put a good ole fashioned coonass recipe on here tomorrow errrr later today

glad you started this thread!!!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
GUMBO

Trinity- diced, bellpepper, onion and celery
garlic
flour
butter
okra
bayleaf
tony cacheries -or- a mixture of- red pepper, salt, black pepper, celery salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, chili, garlic powder
chicken or shrimp stock (depending on what type of gumbo)
1lb of 2 of the following
sausage/chicken/shrimp/crabmeat/duck/rabbit/dear
optional - raw oyster for plating

cooked fluffy white rice
2 beers

in a large soup pot, or castiron dutch oven
melt equal parts butter and flour (olive oil works with chicken and sausage gumbo) this is also a good time to add a decent amount of the spice. spice has to cook also, many people don't do this, because it can make the roux more difficult to get right. it is well worth it, when you taste the difference between cooking the spice and adding spice to a cooked meal. I reseason as early as I can and add a little each step of the way. IF you use butter instead of oil, you will want to use more spive than you are used to, milk fat kills the heat more than oils.

keep mixing, do not let it sit still or it will burn... but you want to slowly turn the combination into a deep brown chocolate tone....
it should take you both beers. when both beers are gone, your roux should be done.

when it is done, add the trinity and fold it together, then add the stock, and bring it to a rolling boil.
when you have reached rolling boil, ad the garlic and bayleaf, dropped it to a simmer and make sure it is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- this is a good time to also reseason, it will taste off no matter what, so just taste it for spice level.
add the meat and bring it back to a boil...
let it simmer for a nout 20-30 minutes
add the okra, reseason and add sassafras if you like, then bring it back to a boil again

once it hits a boil, the okra should be cooked.
taste and serve over rice

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
are you adding the beer to the roux or are you drinking them and using that as your time gauge for how long to cook the roux......

You are right about cooking the spices...My mother in law is from India,and nobody in the world cooks with spices like Indians....when they create a mixture of spices they will pan roast them before they grind them to release the oils in the spices......when they add spices to a dish they will ususally add them with ghee or oil and onions then add the spices and let them cook for awhile.....raw spices leave a definite taste

I'd be real interested in trying this ..I gotta say I've never had a gumbo that I liked that I was that crazy about ,but then I've never had a paella that I was that crazy about either...and I fucking love Spainish food.It could be I've just never had a good Gumbo,I'm more familiar with southeren cooking as opposed to Louisiana cooking of the Cajuns and New Orleans...I gotta another good recepie I'll post I think you'll like it.

Last edited:

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a couple I can throw in here, apologies ahead of time for the bad photo quality, really old cams. Also apologies for neither of these seeming professional with the measurements.

Firstly a random chicken alfredo I threw together one day.

What you will need.
1 16 oz jar of alfredo sauce
1 and 1/2 half pounds of chicken breast, diced
1 pound steamed broccoli
1/2 pint cherry tomatos quartered
1/2 box linguini (if you want you could use angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti noodles)

Brown up the chicken in a big pan (you will need a big pan for all this) while cooking the linguini in a separate pot according to it's box. Steam the broccoli in it's own pan to get it heated up. When the chicken is cooked through dump the jar of sauce onto it, if you want you can fill it again 1/4 the way with milk and shake to get the rest of it out. When the noodles are done drain and dump into the chicken/sauce mix along with the heated broccoli and quartered cherry tomatoes. Heat at medium for 5 minutes, then simmer on 2 or 3 for 10 minutes.

l_25.jpg

Next is my Stir Fry

This is what I use for my stir fry sauce, you'll notice I only kind of measure everything.

1 bottle Kikkoman's Teriyaki sauce
soy sauce
water
cooking sherry
1 teaspoon sugar

Take the bottle of Teriyaki sauce and dump it into a big bowl, then refill the bottle as follows. 1/4 bottle soy sauce, 1/4 bottle sherry, 1/2 bottle water, 1 teaspoon sugar. shake that up to get the sugar dissolved and dump into the bowl with teriyaki. Stir in bowl.

For my Stir fry I use diced boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds, and frozen stir fry mixed veggies 2 small packages, with extra 2 pounds frozen cut broccoli. The veggies I use are the sugar snap pea mix from walmart along with about 2 pounds of extra frozen broccoli, you can sub with whatever you wish. You can also substitute beef for the chicken if you wish.

In my wok I pour in about 2 tablespoons of oil, and a few dashes of soy sauce. Once that's heated I toss in my diced chicken, get it nice and browned on all sides. Then toss in the above stir fry sauce, there will more than likely be some stuck to the bottom of the bowl you used, scrape it all out, it will mix better in the wok. then toss in your veggies, heat on medium high for 5-10 mintues to get the veggies thawed enough to mix in, then lower the heat to medium low for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over your favorite rice.

l_28.jpg

l_29.jpg

l_27.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
are you adding the beer to the roux or are you drinking them and using that as your time gauge for how long to cook the roux......

You are right about cooking the spices...My mother in law is from India,and nobody in the world cooks with spices like Indians....when they create a mixture of spices they will pan roast them before they grind them to release the oils in the spices......when they add spices to a dish they will ususally add them with ghee or oil and onions then add the spices and let them cook for awhile.....raw spices leave a definite taste

I'd be real interested in trying this ..I gotta say I've never had a gumbo that I liked that I was that crazy about ,but then I've never had a paella that I was that crazy about either...and I fucking love Spainish food.It could be I've just never had a good Gumbo,I'm more familiar with southeren cooking as opposed to Louisiana cooking of the Cajuns and New Orleans...I gotta another good recepie I'll post I think you'll like it.
my time gauge
a roux is half fat and half flour
the fat- if oil I prefer olive- or butter
both of those have a low burning point, so to learn, some people say tp start with something with a higher burning point, but the taste can get askew.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok this is just a little comfort food my mama taught me how to make. It goes very well with fried pork chops.

Its only two ingredients;
elbow macaroni
tomato soup

Just cook the macaroni normally, drain it and add tomato soup. How much soup you use is based on how much macaroni is made.

Its very good but I bet it would be even better if you made the tomato soup from scratch. ;)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a couple I can throw in here, apologies ahead of time for the bad photo quality, really old cams. Also apologies for neither of these seeming professional with the measurements.

Firstly a random chicken alfredo I threw together one day.

What you will need.
1 16 oz jar of alfredo sauce
1 and 1/2 half pounds of chicken breast, diced
1 pound steamed broccoli
1/2 pint cherry tomatos quartered
1/2 box linguini (if you want you could use angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti noodles)

Brown up the chicken in a big pan (you will need a big pan for all this) while cooking the linguini in a separate pot according to it's box. Steam the broccoli in it's own pan to get it heated up. When the chicken is cooked through dump the jar of sauce onto it, if you want you can fill it again 1/4 the way with milk and shake to get the rest of it out. When the noodles are done drain and dump into the chicken/sauce mix along with the heated broccoli and quartered cherry tomatoes. Heat at medium for 5 minutes, then simmer on 2 or 3 for 10 minutes.

l_25.jpg

Next is my Stir Fry

This is what I use for my stir fry sauce, you'll notice I only kind of measure everything.

1 bottle Kikkoman's Teriyaki sauce
soy sauce
water
cooking sherry
1 teaspoon sugar

Take the bottle of Teriyaki sauce and dump it into a big bowl, then refill the bottle as follows. 1/4 bottle soy sauce, 1/4 bottle sherry, 1/2 bottle water, 1 teaspoon sugar. shake that up to get the sugar dissolved and dump into the bowl with teriyaki. Stir in bowl.

For my Stir fry I use diced boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds, and frozen stir fry mixed veggies 2 small packages, with extra 2 pounds frozen cut broccoli. The veggies I use are the sugar snap pea mix from walmart along with about 2 pounds of extra frozen broccoli, you can sub with whatever you wish. You can also substitute beef for the chicken if you wish.

In my wok I pour in about 2 tablespoons of oil, and a few dashes of soy sauce. Once that's heated I toss in my diced chicken, get it nice and browned on all sides. Then toss in the above stir fry sauce, there will more than likely be some stuck to the bottom of the bowl you used, scrape it all out, it will mix better in the wok. then toss in your veggies, heat on medium high for 5-10 mintues to get the veggies thawed enough to mix in, then lower the heat to medium low for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over your favorite rice.

l_28.jpg

l_29.jpg

l_27.jpg

that stir fry looks awesome!

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
that stir fry looks awesome!

It's one of my wife's favorite dishes, and just about the only way I can get her to eat half of the veggies that are in it. We actually just had that last night, with leftovers for tonight. The kid is stubborn about eating it sometimes because of all the greens in it, but oh well.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's one of my wife's favorite dishes, and just about the only way I can get her to eat half of the veggies that are in it. We actually just had that last night, with leftovers for tonight. The kid is stubborn about eating it sometimes because of all the greens in it, but oh well.
gets get two choices, eat this or don't eat.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mine is pretty straight forward...
trinity-onion, bell pepper, celery
garlic
hard boiled eggs
1 raw egg
bread crumb
fresh grated parmisian cheese
1 lb 80/20 ground beef
1/2 ground pork
red sauce
cook down the trinity with seasoning (black pepper, salt, and any other seasonings you like) and let cool
put the meet in a bowl and mix everything together except the hard boiled eggs and red sauce
get the meat to the consitancy of an uncooked burger
lay out the meet flat and roll it into a loaf with the hardboiled eggsinside,
put it in a loaf pan and cover it with red sauce

bake it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
amen

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've seen what happens in families like that... 3 days worth of dishes in 2 hours, everyone wants something different, heats up the house to 90 degrees because you have everything in the house that can heat anything up running. No thanks. I make 1 meal, and that's that. Now mind you I will take opportunities to make a meal the kid doesn't like when he isn't home if it's possible, but sometimes he is just stuck with it.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mine is pretty straight forward...
trinity-onion, bell pepper, celery
garlic
hard boiled eggs
1 raw egg
bread crumb
fresh grated parmisian cheese
1 lb 80/20 ground beef
1/2 ground pork
red sauce
cook down the trinity with seasoning (black pepper, salt, and any other seasonings you like) and let cool
put the meet in a bowl and mix everything together except the hard boiled eggs and red sauce
get the meat to the consitancy of an uncooked burger
lay out the meet flat and roll it into a loaf with the hardboiled eggsinside,
put it in a loaf pan and cover it with red sauce

bake it.

That looks good I'll have to use it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Dude were any babies harmed in the making of that meatloaf?

Reminds me of the Adamms Family Values movie..............

"Are those Girl Scout cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is a surprising lack of pictures on this thread save for mine and the meatloaf baby... come on people, make me hungry!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forget where I got this recepie

sautee lightly diced garlic in olive oil remove garlic and sautee ground pork and with a bit of fresh sage ..then add diced sun dried tomatoes,rapini,and pine nuts..when done mix with some fresh cooked linguine add more oil and sprinkle with parmesean. grind the pork yourself from lean cuts.

PS....made apple pandowdy this evening for dessert.....we need better words in english for delicious.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
fish acadiana
i normally do this with speckled trout or flounder; but any good dense white fish will work
julienned bellpepper
julienned onion
julienned carrot
julienned procini mushroom
cut fresh spinach
garlic
heavy cream
butter
boiled shrimp shrimp pealed and veined
tony cacheries or your mix of Cajun spices
fresh grated parmisian, Asiago, and Romano
seasoned white flour
canola oil
2 eggs
angel hair or linguini
lemon

steam the vegetables with seasoning and set on side
double bread the fish and fry it as soon as it comes out of the oil, hit it with some fresh lemon and spice
make a blonde roux, add in heavy cream, 2 tbspoons of butter, Italian cheese and bring it together
add in the vegetables and let it simmer stirring frequently
taste the sauce and make sure it is to your liking then add the shimp and turn off the heat
consistency should be thicker than alfredo sauce
plate the pasta, topped with a piece of fish topped with the sauce

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
oysters on the half shell opened and raw
hickory chips soaked in water
hickory coal

in a small bowl, combine:
clarified butter
garlic
green onion
parmisian and romano cheese
let it get to the consisitancy of ice cream

get grill good and hot and put the wet chips on it to build up smoke
put a scoop of the butter on each oyster and add them to the grill
close the lid
count to 40 and lift the lid, if all was hot enough the mixture is melted and the oysters are done

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oysters on the half shell opened and raw
hickory chips soaked in water
hickory coal

in a small bowl, combine:
clarified butter
garlic
green onion
parmisian and romano cheese
let it get to the consisitancy of ice cream

get grill good and hot and put the wet chips on it to build up smoke
put a scoop of the butter on each oyster and add them to the grill
close the lid
count to 40 and lift the lid, if all was hot enough the mixture is melted and the oysters are done
wife has suddenly developed an allergiy to shellfish.....the woman keeps pushing the envelope on my patience.....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
spin dip --- love this stuff
2 cans of artichoke hearts
2 packs of frozen cut spinach
8 oz moneterey jack (shredded)
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream chease
1 cup parm
1 white onion finely diced
garlic
extra virgin olive oil
tony cacherie

put in a cup of olive oil and a healthy amount of tonys on a low-mid flame
when the oil is warm and the spice starts to darken and turn the oil colors then add the onion
squeeze as much liquid out of the choke as possible,
heat the spinach and squeeze asmuch of the water out as you can.
add both to the oil and onion when the onion turns clear and turn up the heat a bit
add the garlc
reseason
add the Monterey jack and fold it in
add the cream chease and fold that in
ad the sour cream
at this point it should look like a weird stew
add as much parm as it takes to pull it together into thick dense consistency

it shouls have the spice in the back end with the sweet choke flavor on the front.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
wife has suddenly developed an allergiy to shellfish.....the woman keeps pushing the envelope on my patience.....
tell her youre changing your religion to catholic.

VU Sponsors