Become a Patron!

Tobeco Kayfun V4 Clone!

67Mopar

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After a thorough cleaning (and one major hassle) my new Kayfun V4 clone is a fyuckin' rocker! Big clouds and an ass-load flavor is what the V4 is all about. No leaks, no excessive heat buildup, no dry-wicking... Picking up a couple more as soon as I can. I have an authentic V5, but I think the V4 may just earn a place as my go-to atty. I need to find some HQ o-rings (no spares), and I should be good to go.

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The V4 delivers good flavor... I have 3 in rotation daily since they came out and a V5 I use also. If you use Chapstick or VG on the juice flow control threads it will be smooth and never stick. Old school but reliable atty...

67Mopar

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The evaporation chamber ended up getting stuck on the atty dock. Removing the parts required 2 x sets of channel locks; which scored the shit out of both parts! I ended up taking a Dremel (w/fine grind wheel) to the damaged parts. Looks really good, but I still need to polish them. I could have just heated the evap chamber using a butane torch, but I didn't think of that until after, of course.

The machining tolerances are so is tight, that I'm not convinced that the 10x1.5 o-ring is even needed. Since the liquid is not under pressure, I can't imagine liquid making it past the base. I used some food-grade lube on the threads this time, so I shouldn't run into any more locking issues.

So far, I think I prefer the V4 over the V5. I like the more restrictive action of the V4... Great MTL hitter! I also like the easier 1/2 turn JFC cutoff as well. I ordered a sub-Ohm kit, but I'm not sure I'll even use it. I may use the high-heat insulator, and leave the center post stock. V4 for MTL - V5 for DTL. If you're someone who loves to tinker, the V4 is a kick! I love the "old school" multi-part format of the V4. Reminds me of older cars that you could actually work on.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors