Become a Patron!

Tobeco Stargate RDA

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone see this one/have this one yet? Any thoughts? Saw it onsale some place or other for $15 and really thinking about it. Looks like a Velocity deck style Goon, what with the clamp posts. The Goon was cool and all, but I found it to be too small a space on those clamps, so wonder how this one would work out.

tobeco_stargate_rda_rebuildable_dripping_atomizer_silver_authentic_8_.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting design. Thing is the Goon makes sense as those flat bulky coils are already going to be stretching the horizontal. With this you'd have to twist your legs which might be troublesome/problematic. BUT, for the name alone I kinda want one :D

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Post design is odd, and it's essentially their Torque RDA but with a different style of posts and the airflow coming from below instead of above the coil. I suppose I could see it being decent, but it's nothing I see worth buying right away.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Terrible post design. Too little threading being used for wire clamps and bad geometry of clamps/screws will reduce amount of clamping force that can be applied before single, small screw strips. Terrible.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's Tobeco, that's basically a seal of terrible quality 90% of the time.

I will admit, out of the sea of cloned products, Tobeco for the longest time was among the best quality and also the best in price. Now I see Tobeco clones going for as high as $40, and they've REALLY stepped down their quality. Now that cheap authentics are the norm and cloning has hit the fan, Tobeco is making authentics like this.

The way I see it, when you go from making 100% clones to making cheap authentics, you kind of carry over the mentality. There's one or two authentic Tobeco products I thought were actually good (this would be the Torque RDA and the Zorro RDA, don't get me fucking started about the trash heap that is the Turbo RDA series) but other than that Tobeco has kind of dropped the ball as of recently. They're not laughably cheap anymore and their products have decreased in quality, not increased.

It doesn't help that every 'authentic' Tobeco product we see is basically a spiritual clone of another product. Other than the horrible Turbo line, there's no Tobeco authentic that really brought anything innovative to the table.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks to me like a unique design only for the sake of being different but without any special benefits.
Rather have a proper Velocity style deck.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Bottom airflow isn't unique, and it's essentially a reversal of their Torque RDA with the clamps from the Goon, just pointlessly tilted sideways.

It's unique in the same way an inbred child is.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom airflow isn't unique, and it's essentially a reversal of their Torque RDA with the clamps from the Goon, just pointlessly tilted sideways.

It's unique in the same way an inbred child is.
I was referring to the strange posts, not the bottom airflow which is used in many RDAs.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like a really stupid design to me.
Lets say I want to do a dual build, so I put in one coil and can't tighten the screw since I need to place the other coil first and since it's vertical clamps there is nothing preventing the coil from moving or falling off.
So I have to hold in place both coils each with one hand then tighten the screws with what my third hand?

VU Sponsors