Become a Patron!

Tobh atty

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a tobh and have both 30 and 28 kanthal. Whats a good cool vape build? I like clouds but hate the HOT vape. Im running this on a ray.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's kind of a give and take. Lower ohms = more vapor = hotter vape, generally. If there is a certain resistance you're going for, I would recommend using more wraps of the 28 rather than fewer wraps of the 30.

I have a TOBH and I find that it has enough airflow and heat dissipation to chuck clouds at .5 ohms without being too hot for me. If I decide to go any lower than that, I'll probably end up drilling some more holes in the cap.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
I use my Tobh for my adv on a nemesis. I run a .25 vertical coil build, and have found that the vertical coil is not only very easy to install but also produces a cooler vape IMO. I also agree that a 28 ga build with more wraps as opposed to fewer 30 ga wraps would benefit you. But try the vertical coil build in it, that is my go to now, and gl with your tobh, its a great rda.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use my Tobh for my adv on a nemesis. I run a .25 vertical coil build, and have found that the vertical coil is not only very easy to install but also produces a cooler vape IMO. I also agree that a 28 ga build with more wraps as opposed to fewer 30 ga wraps would benefit you. But try the vertical coil build in it, that is my go to now, and gl with your tobh, its a great rda.
I'm loving my TOBH as well, will definitely try the vertical coils. Great screenname, btw. If I have a second son, I'm naming him Hank.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try dual 28g 6wraps on a 5/64 bit, or anything around 2mm. It should come out around .5. I've got a .28 ohm twisted 28 on my tobh right now, it's extremely flavorful, but probably a bit warm for what you're looking for.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I second rusty, the vertical in my experience with them does produce a cooler vape, but i disagree with the easy part lol. Also IMO and experiences, the longer the drip tip, the cooler the vape.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The air holes once opened up a bit or a ton cools the vapor but kills the flavor.
But at .18 duel parallel it is all about nic hit and vapor.

Oh and a wide bore drip tip will help also.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't like the searing hot vape either. I prefer flavor and a decent amount of vapor. :)

Here's my Copper TOBH clone build:

HR6RLCEl.jpg

It's an 11 wrap of 28 gauge on a 1.8mm screwdriver. Dual coils for 0.7 Ohms wicked with cotton.