Become a Patron!

TPA Coconut?

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Diy-ers, just wondering is this safe to vape? I mix them @ 10%, tasted the coconut, but was afraid to increase the % due to a couple of reasons - chemical taste, dull taste, etc. What do you guys mix at? Also what are some additives or flavors to enhance it? I really confused like Vienna cream, Sweet cream and all these.

Also looking for a sub for a real coconut though, I've heard FA coconut is the bomb but unsure. TIV!

-GR-

Member For 4 Years
FA Coconut is definitely more realistic. For TFA coconut I only use up to 1.5%. Have you tried mixing TFA coconut at a low percentage and work your way up? You may be going over where the flavor actually seems to mute itself.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe it's because mine is TFA Coconut "Extra" but 5% made me feel like I just squirted a triple shot of sun tan oil directly into my mouth. I almost threw the bottle of juice, mod and RDA right into the trash but was afraid it would stink up the trash can.

Sorry, to answer your question I mix TFA Coconut Extra at 0.5%-1% max.

FA Coconut is more realistic but I still find uses for the TFA now that I have recovered from the initial test run.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Diy-ers, just wondering is this safe to vape? I mix them @ 10%, tasted the coconut, but was afraid to increase the % due to a couple of reasons - chemical taste, dull taste, etc. What do you guys mix at? Also what are some additives or flavors to enhance it? I really confused like Vienna cream, Sweet cream and all these.

Also looking for a sub for a real coconut though, I've heard FA coconut is the bomb but unsure. TIV!

re the safety part of your question: I haven't mixed with TFA Coconut or Coconut Extra but was recently reading the descriptions of them on the TFA site and they both contain diketones, so wouldn't be considered among the safer flavors for vaping. FA Coconut is really tasty (and like all the others in FA's e-cig line), diacetyl, acetoin and acetyl propionyl free. FA Marzipan is really good too. It is an almond flavor, but the two make a sweet combination.

A nice thing about both brands you mention is that if you have questions about a TFA or FA flavor's ingredients you can find out the d-a-ap low down on it with just a few minutes of looking at their websites.

yamada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right! Thanks for everyone input, I vaguely remember FA Coconut taste :( Gonna order a bunch and mess around. @lirruping what are the % do you use on FA Coconut?

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really like TFA coconut extra. However, I dont give two shits about DA/AP/AC and I like the 'candy' type coconut taste.
It does taste like suntan lotion smells, which makes me feel like im vaping the beach.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to have to third (fourth? fifth?) the FA Coconut. Anywhere from 1.5-3.5% should do you right. Two to four, there, that's easier. 2-4%, I'd say. FA Coconut is the most delicious of the coconuts.

-GR-

Member For 4 Years
I really like TFA coconut extra. However, I dont give two shits about DA/AP/AC and I like the 'candy' type coconut taste.
It does taste like suntan lotion smells, which makes me feel like im vaping the beach.

I agree with Pauly on the suntan lotion but that is what makes me like it. When I think of coconut it is what it tastes like. FA coconut is definitely spot on to real coconut. I use a higher percentage of FA coconut (what Burley has above) than I would with the TFA Coconut.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with Pauly on the suntan lotion but that is what makes me like it. When I think of coconut it is what it tastes like. FA coconut is definitely spot on to real coconut. I use a higher percentage of FA coconut (what Burley has above) than I would with the TFA Coconut.
Coconut extra is definately stronger than FA coconut.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting comparison with the suntan lotion. I always took TFA Coconut Extra as a bit of a sweeter, kind of candy-like coconut.

Like how most banana flavorings taste banana-ish, but TFA Ripe Banana is hitting it spot on for the banana Runts flavor. It's like the candy version of that flavor. That's how I always equated it in my head, anyways.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I worked the door in a titty bar back in my formative years.
It reminds me of a filthy stripper who did not shower after tanning rushing to the club. But then again it was my kind of filth.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"filthy stripper" pfft.
So nice to know you approve of her kind of "filth".
Geez, are all strippers filthy or just the one who forgot to wash suntan oil off?:rolleyes:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FA is the most tolerable coconut I've tried that easily accessible to people in the states.
Molinberry's Bounty is a creamy coconut but in the UK. Not sure how easy it would be to get if you lived in the states... And it has additional notes to it that may/may not be detected. (I personally just get creamy coconut)

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Coconut Extra....
I dilute mine 1 part Coconut / 9 parts PG, and then use that as a concentrate.
Adds a little sweetness and mouth feel, without going all Hawaiian Tropic on your mix.

I initially mixed it straight up 10%, and it was months before I could go near it again !
Anyways......

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I threw my TFA coconut extra in the trash. I genuinely dislike it, obviously. The regular tfa coconut is "ok". I begrudgingly bought FA coconut in the slim hope that it didn't taste like plastic and chemicals. FA coconut is in tons of my personal recipes.

I haven't tried Caps or INW coconut, so I can't speak to their quality, but I see no need to invest in them, since FA is so true and delicious.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"filthy stripper" pfft.
So nice to know you approve of her kind of "filth".
Geez, are all strippers filthy or just the one who forgot to wash suntan oil off?:rolleyes:
Just the ones that are unshowered after tanning and heading into a shift of work, duh. ;)

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only coconut that tastes good to me is FA Coconut.

However I have other coconuts steeping (TPA,FW), but I don't have a lot of faith that they will be better. It seems like every coconut ive tried comes out harsh as hell at any percent.

I have yet to try Capella Coconut

VU Sponsors