Become a Patron!

Travelling to Australia With Vape Gear

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone! I'm leaving for Sydney, Australia next week. I've searched the web for topics concerning travellimg with our vape stuff and most of what I read differ from each other.

I only have a few questions:

1. How many 30ml bottles can I have in my carry on?

2. How many 18650 batteries can I have in my carry on?

3. If I have other 30ml bottles in my check in baggage, won't they spill all over my clothes? I'm talking about those usual plastic 30ml bottles with rounded plastic spouts.

4. Would it be okay to take my coil master kit with me in my check in baggage?

5. To those from Australia, any vaping laws I should adhere to? And any good vape shops I can visit if in case I run out of coils or where I can buy new tanks/mods around Sydney?

It's my first time to travel since I started vaping and I just want to make sure I don't get my vape confiscated.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/liquids-rule

You can take as much eliquid as you like in your checked luggage . I put it in a washbag - they won't leak anymore than anything else you have in there (you can put masking tape around the tops if you're concerned). I don't think there's a limit in the number of 18650 batteries you can carry, but make sure they're in plastic cases or something to protect them. I can't see a reason that you couldn't take the coilmaster in your checked baggage.

And https://www.vapingmad.com.au/e-cig-nicotine-laws/

Hope this helps!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also check with your carrier, they have their own reg's that they post on their websites as well.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any and all lithium ion batteries (18650, etc.) MUST be in your carry-on, or otherwise with you in the cabin. As stated earlier, make sure they're in a case.

As far as e-liquid goes, for carry-on regs, the TSA 3-3-1 rule applies. Lots of places to find out more detail about this online, but in a nutshell, all personal liquids to be in carried-on into the aircraft cabin must be able to fit into a quart sized ziploc bag. Anything more than that must be in checked luggage.

I think I remember reading somewhere, that you cannot buy anything other than 0nic liquids in Australia. I could be wrong about that. If that's the case, even bringing in nic based liquids for personal use may be a problem and considered an import. I'm not advocating breaking any laws, but I'm aware of not having customs issues with liquid that's had the labels removed and packed with personal hygiene items in checked luggage. It would also go without saying, that not mentioning having certain things packed in checked bags usually goes a long way as well. Not that it's ever a good idea to do such things.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for your replies! Theyre very helpful! Im a bit concerned with the 0nic juice though, most of mine are 6mg nic. I'll have to search about this as soon as I get home... Thanks for the heads up though

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for your replies! Theyre very helpful! Im a bit concerned with the 0nic juice though, most of mine are 6mg nic. I'll have to search about this as soon as I get home... Thanks for the heads up though
There's a google search somewhere that said you can take in nic juice for personal juice - you just can't buy or resell it!

VU Sponsors