Become a Patron!

Triade DNA200 mulfunction

miks1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there

I've been using a triade dn200 for the past 3 months and it has been an incredible mod. However after inserting my Sony VTC5's ( married, same age as mod) into the mod after a charging cycle, the mod refuses to turn on. everytime a click the fire button is shows the lost vape logo and then fades away. once plugged into a USB it doesnt show the charging animation on the screen and the battery indicator is at 0%. I've tried moving the batteries around, wiggling them, playing with them, even replacing the batteries all together and nothing seems to work. the mod was working 100% before today. and i have no idea what the problem is as the charger shows the batteries to each be at 4.19V, however e-scripe diagnostics show cell 1 to be at 0V, cell 2 to be at 4.16V and Cell 3 to be at 5,14V. Does someone please know how to fix this, thanks

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Have you tried different/new batteries first before you put this down to a mod malfunction?

Won't be a waste to get new batteries anyway you'll always use them ;)

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a VT133 do something similar and it was a chip problem. They also have a fuse that blows but it probably wouldn't show the logo if that was the case. Shout out to @Wingsfan0310 our resident DNA expert.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there

I've been using a triade dn200 for the past 3 months and it has been an incredible mod. However after inserting my Sony VTC5's ( married, same age as mod) into the mod after a charging cycle, the mod refuses to turn on. everytime a click the fire button is shows the lost vape logo and then fades away. once plugged into a USB it doesnt show the charging animation on the screen and the battery indicator is at 0%. I've tried moving the batteries around, wiggling them, playing with them, even replacing the batteries all together and nothing seems to work. the mod was working 100% before today. and i have no idea what the problem is as the charger shows the batteries to each be at 4.19V, however e-scripe diagnostics show cell 1 to be at 0V, cell 2 to be at 4.16V and Cell 3 to be at 5,14V. Does someone please know how to fix this, thanks
The first thing I would check is too make sure you have 3 cells selected instead of 2. I assume it's still 3 but it never hurts to check.

Since you are getting the logo with batteries, I don't believe it can be the fuse.

I had the same issue on one of my Finder 167's. I believe it's a problem with the board. If you hook up the mod to Escribe and then set the battery type to Power Supply and then Upload Settings to Device it will probably work. You can't operate the mod that way because you will have no battery protection (it won't cut off when the batteries are low/discharged because it's meant to be used when you are using a power supply). It is just a test to tell you whether the mod still functions. If it works in Power Supply, then it's probably an issue with the battery balancer/monitoring circuit. At least it will give you an idea what the potential problem may be. Good Luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

miks1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The first thing I would check is too make sure you have 3 cells selected instead of 2. I assume it's still 3 but it never hurts to check.

Since you are getting the logo with batteries, I don't believe it can be the fuse.

I had the same issue on one of my Finder 167's. I believe it's a problem with the board. If you hook up the mod to Escribe and then set the battery type to Power Supply and then Upload Settings to Device it will probably work. You can't operate the mod that way because you will have no battery protection (it won't cut off when the batteries are low/discharged because it's meant to be used when you are using a power supply). It is just a test to tell you whether the mod still functions. If it works in Power Supply, then it's probably an issue with the battery balancer/monitoring circuit. At least it will give you an idea what the potential problem may be. Good Luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for the help, I've tried using other batteries, the same thing happens. However i've discovered that with the 2 back batteries in, in other words cell 2 and 3 in, when i click the fire button the logo appears again, doesnt this indicate that there is a short somewhere in the mod?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the help, I've tried using other batteries, the same thing happens. However i've discovered that with the 2 back batteries in, in other words cell 2 and 3 in, when i click the fire button the logo appears again, doesnt this indicate that there is a short somewhere in the mod?

Send it in... your not the first one that had this issue....

VU Sponsors