Tribute to Robin Williams

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking it would be cool for the vape family to pay tribute to Robin. For those unaware, Robin Williams brought closure to his life on August 11th, 2014 at his home in Tiburon, California. He died of Asphyxia, was suffering from clinical depression and parkinson's disease. When I checked my computer and saw what happened I couldn't believe my eyes, it was as if my whole body went numb and an overwhelming sadness filled my soul. I grew up watching Mork and Mindy on television and he always made me laugh, bringing immeasurable cheer and joy to a rather dismal childhood. While I never got the chance to meet him scores of people have and had nothing but great things to say about him. Starting his career as a stand up comdedian he eventually gravitated towards more serious, thought provoking roles that questioned social injustice, being an outcast and the disconnection people experience in their daily lives. I was very impressed with his acting and comedic skills and even more by his humanitarian efforts in making the world a better place. He was a hard working man that worked tirelessly to aid the homeless, raise funds for St Jude's Children's hospital, raising funds and awareness for people living with AIDS and brought comedy and cheer for American troops in time of war. His three children had wonderful things to say about their father and how hard he worked to give them a better life and to keep them out of the spotlight. Films like Goodwill Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Fisher King, What Dreams May Come and Patch Adams are some of the few that left a lasting impression on me. I have learned a long time ago to never question or judge anyone because life is very hard and it's far too easy to make assertions when we don't walk in the other person's skin/shoes. It is when people die that we truly see how their life has affected us and it makes us stop and think about the dignity and worth of those around us. Robin inspired me to be a better person and to realize that the moment, any moment in life, will not last forever, so it is best to appreciate and be grateful for those lasting moments that later on become lifelong memories. In his honor, I dedicate this thread in tribute to Robin Williams, a simple man who left the world a little better than he found it. Please feel free to share your sentiments as we celebrate his life, laughter and years of joy.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quite a tribute, Dissonance. Beautiful post, nothing to add, just shared memories. Thank you for those :)

Awe you're very welcome and thank you for the kind words. Robin was great in every way. I only wish I had the chance to meet him. It's rare to find those kind souls that live selfless lives of altruism.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's an awesome pic bbybee:) I'm going to watch the Fisher King (1991) today as I vape my peach juice. A star that will burn forever......

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's been two months since the passing of Robin Williams and I just wanted to send out a prayer to his children and let them know that their father's spirit will burn like an eternal flame and that he'll never be forgotten. All three of them have more courage than I could ever imagine. It takes great inner strength to lose a loved one and be able to continue forward in life. I watched Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams and Bicentennial Man last week and was deeply moved by the vast talents of this great man. For someone who's known for comedy he certainly applied himself well in dramatic roles. Thanks for the memories Robin there won't ever be another like you. I will purchase every last film you ever made.

VU Sponsors