Become a Patron!

trident rebuild advice

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm rebuild my trident and am making it single coil. What gauge kanthal do you suggest but no larger than 26ga. That's all I have. Any tips on what's going to perform better for dripping. I'm new to dripping and also need to know if you know any video links I can watch to see how to wick it best. Thanks

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wire gauge should roughly match coil resistance, so what resistance are you aiming for? If you were to use thick wire in a high resistance build (low power) you would get slow heat up times and if you took it too far the coil might not even get hot enough. Air flow also needs to match power applied. The more power, the more air you need.

I used a Trident with dual coils as my main vape atty for quite a few months before I moved on. If I remember correctly the single hole is quite small, so unless you are prepared to drill out the inner barrel you will not be able to put that much power in there. I assume it's going on a mech mod, correct? What style of coil are you going to use?

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I gave up my Trident for a Plume Veil... I was only running one horizontal coil in my Trident, but dual verticals in the Plume Veil. :) Life begins anew!

VU Sponsors