Become a Patron!
Hello, I bought a eVic vtc mini with a Tron-S tank on Monday, so I set it up and started smoking, but after 3 days it started pulling liquid in my mouth. I changed the coil with something I got from a local shop "not sure exactly what model it is :/", I cleaned the old liquid from the tank and from the "suck pipe inside" and started smoking again. But there was not nearly the same amount of vapor and after a couple of hits something happend and it feels like I lost some of my air flow???

Now it is hard (almost impossible) to puff from it and the mouth piece gets quite hot after 1-2 seconds of toking. When I try to open the tank it just moves 5mm to one side and 5 to the other, I need to use rubber gloves just to open it so I can fill it...

Is the problem maybe with the cheapo coil that I got or something else? I am quite new ( A complete and utter n00b) and I have no idea at what am doing really)
And can you recommend me some good tank but for a fairly limited budget (30-40euro)?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the UNDERGROUND!

A Kanger Subtank would be a good choice for you. It even comes with an RBA deck so if you ever decide to make your own coils, you are good to go!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
after a couple of hits something happend and it feels like I lost some of my air flow???
Now it is hard (almost impossible) to puff from it and the mouth piece gets quite hot after 1-2 seconds of toking.
I do not have the tank you are using but from what you typed, it sounds like the cotton inside the coil has expanded and has closed the airflow opening.
I've had that happen on a few coils in the past.
Just change the coil and it'll resolve that issue.

As for not being able to disassemble:
1. You may be over tightening, it doesn't require much torque when closing to seal it.
2. When you over tighten, it crushes the O-Ring and you'll continue to have this issue until you replace it.

Can't answer anything on the amount of vapor/flavor due to not knowing what particular coil and resistance you are using.
It MAY be better to resolve the troubles you are having rather than replace the tank.
Keep in mind I am not familiar with your tank or what you are after out of the tank.
If I were to recommend an easy tank, it'd be the Aspire Cleito (original, not the 120)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello, I bought a eVic vtc mini with a Tron-S tank on Monday, so I set it up and started smoking, but after 3 days it started pulling liquid in my mouth. I changed the coil with something I got from a local shop "not sure exactly what model it is :/", I cleaned the old liquid from the tank and from the "suck pipe inside" and started smoking again. But there was not nearly the same amount of vapor and after a couple of hits something happend and it feels like I lost some of my air flow???

Now it is hard (almost impossible) to puff from it and the mouth piece gets quite hot after 1-2 seconds of toking. When I try to open the tank it just moves 5mm to one side and 5 to the other, I need to use rubber gloves just to open it so I can fill it...

Is the problem maybe with the cheapo coil that I got or something else? I am quite new ( A complete and utter n00b) and I have no idea at what am doing really)
And can you recommend me some good tank but for a fairly limited budget (30-40euro)?
Welcome to VU!
As a side note, it's not smoking, but vaping.
I'm also not familiar with this tank. However, I'll try to help you out, as much as possible, due to my experience.
What is the resistance of the new coil, and what is the wattage you're using?
Regarding the airflow, you might have accidentally closed down the airflow controll. Refer to your tank's Manual, in order to find out, how the airflow control works.
Not being able to disassemble the tank, @Paratech already gave you good advice! Tightening down too much, you could damage o-rings too much, even causing leakage (including pulling liquid into your mouth). If you're still not able to disassemble the tank, there are ceramic tweezers/plier made by coil master, that can be used. However, if the tank has been tightened too much, even those pliers might slip. You could try putting the tank in the freezer for an hour, and trying to disassemble again.
Should you decide on getting a different tank, I would also recommend the Aspire Cleito (version 1). I've been using mine for quite a long time on my Pico, with pre made coil heads (when I'm too lazy to maintain the optional RTA Kit). In addition, I also bought the optional extension tank, due to the RTA Kit taking more space than the pre made coil heads. However, either way I've been using this tank, it's easy to use and maintain, produces real good flavor (better with the RTA Kit though).

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Air flow was ok then suddenly not, did you close off the airflow ring accidentally?

That tank and the variations of it (cubis) flood the coil when you reassemble them after filling. It's that last couple of threads as you screw the top on as it is sealing theres nowhere for air or juice to go but up into the coil.
My wife has loved hers for about a year, when I fill it, if the coil is flooded I flick the whole mod towards the ground flinging excess iuice out of the coil. Then it's ready. Manufacturer actually suggests this as a work around to that design flaw.

If it is ok then starts to flood on you the airflow is probably closed off too much and the sucking action is more than the air flow can provide, the vacuum has to go somewhere and the next path of least resistance is pulling juice in from the tank. It could also be your wattage is not high enough and you are not vaping off as much juice is flowing in.

It would be good to know what coil was put in, if you can't read it inside the tank, maybe call the shop and ask the person that put it in. Then you will know about what wattage you should be vaping it at. Within that range, it's up to preference but if thats a 30w to 40w range coil and your vaping it at 20w then that's why it's flooding.

If that doesn't help and you need another tank, I vote for the cleito too. Great flavor, very beginner friendly and it shouldn't flood like your tron.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors