Become a Patron!

Trouble Filling Clearomizer

Hey, so I was filling my clearomizer today (first refill), so I filled it up to the 1.6 mark like usual, closed it up, was super careful that I didnt get any liquid in the center tube, and put the top back on the clearomizer.

I noticed a little leaking from the bottom, so I assume that means I got stuff in the tube, which I read that when that happens you just blow in from the top onto a paper towel a bunch. I did that, and a good bit of stuff came out. Which is good right? That means it's all gone right? Maybe not.

After I did that it appeared that the e liquid level dropped a lot (1.6 to about 1.2 or 1.0), so what was happening? Why did it get in the tube in the first place? Why is the level getting lower when I blow into it? Am I cleaning it out wrong? I have a CE5 wickless clearomizer.

Thank you for all your help.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hey, so I was filling my clearomizer today (first refill), so I filled it up to the 1.6 mark like usual, closed it up, was super careful that I didnt get any liquid in the center tube, and put the top back on the clearomizer.

I noticed a little leaking from the bottom, so I assume that means I got stuff in the tube, which I read that when that happens you just blow in from the top onto a paper towel a bunch. I did that, and a good bit of stuff came out. Which is good right? That means it's all gone right? Maybe not.

After I did that it appeared that the e liquid level dropped a lot (1.6 to about 1.2 or 1.0), so what was happening? Why did it get in the tube in the first place? Why is the level getting lower when I blow into it? Am I cleaning it out wrong? I have a CE5 wickless clearomizer.

Thank you for all your help.
So you have a CE5 Bottom Coil Clearo. Make sure when you took it apart that you didn't loosen the coil/head. CE5's are notorious for being leakers... just in the way they are made. When you blow through it... you need to blow gently. Sounds like you actually blew juice out of the clearo through the wicking holes. You'd probably be much happier with a better quality clearo. Try a Protank II, or anything Aspire, or an Aerotank.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Condensation can build up in the tube, too. After doing what Pami suggests and making sure the 510 section of your battery is dry, give it another try. I do agree, you can get a better tank for not much more $. I love my Protank 2's.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you go with a protank 2, also get a aerotank base for it. Stops leaks, fits your coils and has air control.

Thanks, yeah, I was blowing really hard actually haha. I thought that is what you are supposed to do.

Do you guys know how it got in there in the first place? I was really really careful not to get anything in there, so I dont know how it did.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I fill one a little too fast, a small amount can sneak in the tube. When you're talking about a max amount of 1.6ml, even a small amount can be a lot. It's landing on the battery. Sometimes it'll gurgle or pop, or not get a good draw. I check the connection and do the what Pami said. It works!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry to say, your main issue is using anything that starts with CE.

Next time it does that, point the bottom of it at the ceiling and blow the excess into a paper towel.

That way you will not empty the liquid chamber.

But please do pick up a protank 2 at your earliest opportunity.

You will be a lot happier!

Sorry to say, your main issue is using anything that starts with CE.

Next time it does that, point the bottom of it at the ceiling and blow the excess into a paper towel.

That way you will not empty the liquid chamber.

But please do pick up a protank 2 at your earliest opportunity.

You will be a lot happier!

Will it fit on my existing battery?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What kind of battery do you have?