Become a Patron!

Troubleshooting

Brent1670

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm using the sig 150 with geek vapes griffin rta (which is my first rebuildable tank) and I seem to be constantly baffled and defeated when it comes to wicking this damn thing... Don't get me wrong I freaking love this tank. Love the flavor I'm getting and the clouds are only slightly smaller than on my rdas which is a major bonus. Back on track tho does anyone have any tips for this particular rta?

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
moving to rebuildables

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I am using a set of @CrazyChef claptons in mine as for the wicking you want to wick it snug but not over tight and then you want just enough tails to tuck into those channels but you do not want the cotton to hang past the not sure what to call it but that ring or ledge. The part I have a hard time with is my tails are usually poofy so I have a hard time getting them tucked and making sure they arent poofing out above and touching the air flow hole under the coil because if it touches it in anyway its leak city. Not sure if that helps or not

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's a collage of my Griffin. I'll wick it with the juice flow ring OFF, cut the wick to fit, then screw the ring back on.
Griffin Aliens.jpg

Brent1670

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried wicking it like that... Damn juice wouldn't flow at all and had to keep uncovering the top cap to allow the seal to draw the juice in...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried wicking it like that... Damn juice wouldn't flow at all and had to keep uncovering the top cap to allow the seal to draw the juice in...

It took me a few goes to get it right, but as CrazyChef was showing you need the wicks just barely in the channels. So make sure the wick is covering the top of the channel, and then just tuck it behind the ring with something like a flathead screwdriver.

Brent1670

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How thick is your wick?
I will take a pic in a while when I clear my tank. Got cuttwood's unicorn milk in it so it gums up pretty quick. I'll be rebuilding it later and I'll do the chill kid thing and post pics of the setup

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't fill it completely full. Leave an air bubble. Most tanks won't wick if there isn't any air in the tank. And juicing the wick after putting it in the coil helps to position the tails exactly where you want. Using large diameter coils helps with wicking also. Build specs, power setting and pics help us help you. Otherwise we're just guessing.

Brent1670

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know man I'm going to be throwing the specs for the new build later after I clear the tank

VU Sponsors