Become a Patron!

Trying to buy my fisrt RDA for the coming rDAN40, need some advice

i budget is pretty low since i spent most my money on the rdna40 lol..
So I will definitely buy from fasttech, but there are just too many!!
I plan to do a single coil only, since i heard from other members that ni200 single spaced coil is the best for dna40's temperature control.
I'm looking for great flavor more than big cloud. Which rda suit me the best?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Idk how it will work with ni200 wire but the magma is great for flavor

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I know that you are looking for doing a single coil but I want to throw this out there.

Get one of these $9.97
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009514/1922001-orchid-v4-styled-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

And one of these $1.04
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009156/1663600-replacement-polycarbonate-tank-for-kayfun-3-1

This combo gives you the best of both worlds. The flavor and the vapor of a dripper and the convenience of an RBA.

But then again, I am using dual coils made out of Kanthal and powering on a Sigelei 100 running at 25 watts.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use a veritas with my dna40 in single coil mode works great and the clone is cheap and leak resistant

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to have to go with Rj on this and say Orchid v4. It's funny, that's actually what I replied prior to clicking the link. I have a Stilare RDA that I use that like both single or dual coils. Actually my best setup on that has been a single twisted micro. My buddy has the Plume and swears by the thing. I personally like the convenience of not having to drip every two minutes, granted I do fill the Orchid often, but it's night and day difference. Hope this helps, just my two pennies.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With ni200 the coils are to big using 28g but it does fit but needs the full 40 watts

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just watched a vertex v2 review by rip and it has the option of single, double or quad coil setup with the ability to shut off airflow to one side for single coil use. He was running it in single mode at a mere 15w and claimed the flavor quality was in his top 2 or 3. Vapor was still pretty decent. I'm not a rip fanboy necessarily, but he's tried a lot of gear so when he rates something that high I'm inclined to think the device will at least not be a complete p.o.s. Angelcigs has one that comes with three different outter barrels for $12.xx. Good luck.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just watched a vertex v2 review by rip and it has the option of single, double or quad coil setup with the ability to shut off airflow to one side for single coil use. He was running it in single mode at a mere 15w and claimed the flavor quality was in his top 2 or 3. Vapor was still pretty decent. I'm not a rip fanboy necessarily, but he's tried a lot of gear so when he rates something that high I'm inclined to think the device will at least not be a complete p.o.s. Angelcigs has one that comes with three different outter barrels for $12.xx. Good luck.
Everything he reviews is in His top whatever. I can't trust his reviews anymore I bought the plume veil expecting the second coming of Christ on flavor and it was ehh OK like most Cyclops RDA's

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One thing you have to realize about his rda reviews is he almost always runs them in single coil mode which produces better flavor than dual setups (apparently). He even says that he gets better vapor with duals, but for flavor it usually is better with a single. I've talked to folks who didn't like the flavor in their rda, talked them into trying single coil mode just to see and they got much better flavor. My tobh doesn't have the ability to close off one set of holes without rigging it which I won't do. I want one that I can. I haven't bought anything yet so I'm still open to suggestions.

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im running a magma clone and a fogger v5 and an orchid v4(?) on a dna40 board on temp control. Using twisted 32ga(its what I bought first) on all three with dual coils. The orchid and the magma are close, magma's alittle better as for flavor, using the orchid more for conveniece and the great lung hits. Both are costing me about three mls a day of juice together,,, the fogger I messed the coils up. It kicks into temp protection way too easy, so I run it non temp protected. What a difference it makes,,, its just nasty sometimes in nontemp mode,,,

VU Sponsors