Become a Patron!

Twisted Clapton Wire

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
Just got this 3 strand twisted Clapton wire from advanced vape supply. It's 3x32g with a 40g wrap.

It's made for like higher ohm coils but I saw a review saying it's really good in parallel. I did the calculations on steam engine and the surface area is insane!

Like my hex core Clapton wire from them is only 863mm squared but this wire in parallel puts it quite a bit over that. The other thing is that's if you make it the same ID and the use the same number of wraps.

You can up the number of wraps because it's thinner even in parallel so that puts it farrr over the hex core Clapton wire in terms of surface area. It doesn't get as hot however and ramp is the same if not better. The only downside is it can be more annoying to mount but it's totally worth it.

The other thing is it's springy and there's doesn't fuse together as well as claptons. So I feel that I have to run it at a higher wattage than I should have for a .25ohm resistance (dual coil).

I just imagine a .25ohm Clapton I could run lower since it probably is a little more efficient in terms of heating up because it's all fused together well. Still the flavor increase is well worth it IMO.

I'm not sure that's true but usually when I enter a resistance under the battery section of steam engine (using mech mod calculation) I run it lower than the bottom wattage. With this stuff I'm running it a decent amount over what the wattage it shows. It shows it at 54w but I get the best flavor at around 70w.

Not sure whether this is because it doesn't take coil mass into account, if it's because it's a higher wattage coil (and I'm used to entering in lower ohm coils), or whether it's the fact that it doesn't heat up as efficiently as I stated. Just a theory really.

Regardless, figured I'd share this gem with everyone. Sure you could get more surface area with a SSFC but most people don't want to make those, can't, or don't want to pay for them. Also you can actually fit this in RDAs lol. As far as I know only certain RDAs can handle the size/heat/airflow restriction of SSFC.

TLDR: This wire is good AF. Beats my hex core fused clapton wire from the same company (they make all their wire).

VU Sponsors