Become a Patron!

Twisted Messes Squared

Beeboqueef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dropped today. First thing I did was order without thinking twice. I love the original TM and this thing looks killer. Plenty of room and options for builds and the re-designed chuff looks nice also. Who else is getting one?

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, looks really sweet. I'll buy it for that alone because I already know it will perform. I love the original. It's good to see they went with a delrin option that doesn't look cheap this time.

Not sure I get the deck setup, though. What's the advantage over the traditional 4-post layout of the original? The placement of the connection points is pretty much the same - only the blocks are split differently. I guess it makes centering a bit easier. I suppose I can see the open center having a noticeable impact on airflow between the coils. I'm fine with it, but I can't help but think that there must be something I'm missing...

One thing I've gotta say I really respect about their design choices is the fact this is an actual v2... ...as in, it's an updated version of an existing design, rather than a complete overhaul that's been marketed as a new version to entice people who liked the other design to buy it.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, looks really sweet. I'll buy it for that alone because I already know it will perform. I love the original. It's good to see they went with a delrin option that doesn't look cheap this time.

Not sure I get the deck setup, though. What's the advantage over the traditional 4-post layout of the original? The placement of the connection points is pretty much the same - only the blocks are split differently. I guess it makes centering a bit easier. I suppose I can see the open center having a noticeable impact on airflow between the coils. I'm fine with it, but I can't help but think that there must be something I'm missing...

One thing I've gotta say I really respect about their design choices is the fact this is an actual v2... ...as in, it's an updated version of an existing design, rather than a complete overhaul that's been marketed as a new version to entice people who liked the other design to buy it.
This setup should allow even longer coils if you want. You could use the outside holes only, or use it like the old one going one outside one inside on each side. I think that's the advantage they were going for.

Heck you could even make some tiny coils and use both inside holes.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This setup should allow even longer coils if you want. You could use the outside holes only, or use it like the old one going one outside one inside on each side. I think that's the advantage they were going for.

Heck you could even make some tiny coils and use both inside holes.
D'oh! Completely neglected that you can mount multiple leads in one post hole.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got one on the way...I was thinking of Ditching the Top Cap and using the Double Visions top...its shorter and would give better flavor...Love those deck though...kinda wish they made it so the Posts could be set in different directions...would give more options and be a real improvement in design...
74b4a7a51889e44a77c13f3ea9552a44.png

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Want! Luckily they are out of stock so my debit card is breathing a sigh of relief....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Glad I got one when I did, they almost saold out by the second day...
GrimmGreen just did his review on it and Im pretty happy with the look of it, just wish it was a 24mm RDA.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice call, Beeboqueef! We just got the Twisted Messes RDA Squared in and we are super-impressed! The first batch sold out in 36 hours! Kent builds an excellent, consistent product. The build deck's so big, you can park your smart car in it.
I love it and I can say its one of the best things I picked up recently, it has a ton of room and many mounting options and I love how they did it in a smaller package. I wish they made it in 24mm but its still very spacious in 22mm.
Here it is with a build I made for it today on the Exodus by Silver Wolf Customs. These coils would normally soak up all the available room on the TM V1 but in the TM Squared it has plenty of room, even in the same mounting configuration.

Note: I MEANT that it lends to a larger build room then its predecessor but I wish it was 24mm for even more space for building.
20160304_120953.jpg 20160304_120917.jpg 20160304_120835.jpg 20160304_121024.jpg 20160304_121523.jpg 20160304_121540.jpg 20160304_121441.jpg

Last edited:

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love it and I can say its one of the best things I picked up recently, it has a ton of room and many mounting options and I love how they did it in a smaller package. I wish they made it in 24mm but its still very spacious in 22mm.
Here it is with a build I made for it today on the Exodus by Silver Wolf Customs. These coils would normally soak up all the available room on the TM V1 but in the TM Squared it has plenty of room, even in the same mounting configuration.

Taking photos while dripping is hard isn't it? lol

Fucking sexy mod though, you lucky fuck hahahaha

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Taking photos while dripping is hard isn't it? lol

Fucking sexy mod though, you lucky fuck hahahaha
I kept hitting the side and not the coil...macro lens and dripping can be difficult as my Camera tripod hasn't come in yet...then I should have some better pics, and yes the Exodus is dead sexy :D

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
"and I love how they did it in a smaller package. I wish they made it in 24mm but its still very spacious in 22mm". Really? shit man I have been reading your views on stuff to get the straight scoop...not the equivocating ass kissin' two faced don't want to piss off meal ticket phony fuck mealy mouthed jive ass chickenshit douchebags that make a living talking out both sides of their mouths kind of view on you toob. Hope you don't go that route, say what you mean and mean what you say. If it should have been, and needs to be 24mm they need to know that and it needs to be said straight up. And I mean this in only the most positive, constructive way...;)

Each to their own, but I don't find that mod appealing. Looks like something I might put on an AR15 build that was specifically requested by a freaky customer lol.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I stated its 22mm and the way its done is more spacious then its V1 version, but I would much rather have them made a 24mm for even more space...how is that a two faced or a contradictory comment? Im not selling or reviewing the RDA and never said these are my final thoughts on the product, so dont take it as such.
The Exodus tickles my fancy and its partly do to my gun collectin, its gunish persona, the feel of it in the hand and its high quality craftsmanship. Its also about to be out of production and become very rare, that itself lends to the exclusivity of the mod and mods like that are hard to get ahold of. It does something for me and it seems to appeal to many here that never even heard of the mod, but like you said to each their own and I for one love it.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, it's cool to have so many choices and be able to find something that appeals to your personal tastes. I know some say that mods that look like brass knuckles, video game controllers, or gun parts can provide talking points for the anti-vape types but I'm getting to the point that I don't give a shit anymore. The one thing that really does piss me off though about this atty - it's still "Out of Stock.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, it's cool to have so many choices and be able to find something that appeals to your personal tastes. I know some say that mods that look like brass knuckles, video game controllers, or gun parts can provide talking points for the anti-vape types but I'm getting to the point that I don't give a shit anymore. The one thing that really does piss me off though about this atty - it's still "Out of Stock.
They can say what ever they want, it looking like something doesnt make any difference and least of all anymore dangerous (besides the knuckles lol). Ive heard people bitching at others for liking gun grip mods or mods with triggers and they said it'll get you shot one day...In you hand all they see is the tank sticking above you hand and other things besides guns have handles like drills, controllers, ski's, shifters and flashlights. They use that style grip due to its natural contour and feel and it provides a strong steady grip. They just like pinning it on guns because they are dangerous, but there are many different things that use that same handle style. On some mods they just have a trigger and how the hell does that make anything bad or dangerous its a switch! Just a mechanical switch in its finest form.
I love the fact there are many different form factors the Modders are being influenced with and design around, everyone may have something that fits their other hobbies or things they enjoy doing or have. I wanted a DNA NES mod but I wasnt going to pay that much for 40w...I really wish they would make a Flask with a Snow Wolf/Hohm Wrecker Chip...
I know you said you dont care about the argument but I dont even see why there is a argument to begin with...some people just like to complain and make problems for no reason and this is the real issue.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I stated its 22mm and the way its done is more spacious then its V1 version, but I would much rather have them made a 24mm for even more space...how is that a two faced or a contradictory comment? Im not selling or reviewing the RDA and never said these are my final thoughts on the product, so dont take it as such.
The Exodus tickles my fancy and its partly do to my gun collectin, its gunish persona, the feel of it in the hand and its high quality craftsmanship. Its also about to be out of production and become very rare, that itself lends to the exclusivity of the mod and mods like that are hard to get ahold of. It does something for me and it seems to appeal to many here that never even heard of the mod, but like you said to each their own and I for one love it.

Probably better it's just a 22mm. I'd have to buy two if there was a 22+24mm options.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah there will always be busybodies and nannys that just have to stick their noses into everything. Maybe they already saved the baby seals and need a new cause. However I wouldn't be too surprised to find big tobacco money being spent to vilify vaping by funding some of these anti vaping asswipes. But what tends to make me feel like "well fuck it then" is the manufacturers of these products don't seen to care what their public image is, or they are stupid blind to the big picture in a scramble to make a buck.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah there will always be busybodies and nannys that just have to stick their noses into everything. Maybe they already saved the baby seals and need a new cause. However I wouldn't be too surprised to find big tobacco money being spent to vilify vaping by funding some of these anti vaping asswipes. But what tends to make me feel like "well fuck it then" is the manufacturers of these products don't seen to care what their public image is, or they are stupid blind to the big picture in a scramble to make a buck.
I think the new anti vaping ads starring Rip Trippers is the new big thing right now though....

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you look up "Shit the Bed" in the dictionary, there is a picture of that sell out with his crack crazed eyeballs bugging out of his head.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do you know the dimensions of that wide bore tip?

I got a different one for my V1 and am wondering will it fit.
The V2's Tip wont fit in the V1 as it sits very loose when placed on top. If you have a Tip that fits the V1 it wont fit in the V2 as its completely different in size and in shape.

Beeboqueef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The chuff from the V1 will thread onto the barrel of the V2.

Sent from outer space via telegraph.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1457282475185.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457282475185.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 18

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your right...The rest of the tops dont fit well though..
20160306_114916.jpg

I got a reply from Kent Hill (I emailed Twisted Messes) and he said "the thread pitch is the same so it should fit".

I hope he understood my question...

This is what I'm wondering if will fit.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got a reply from Kent Hill (I emailed Twisted Messes) and he said "the thread pitch is the same so it should fit".

I hope he understood my question...

This is what I'm wondering if will fit.
If you use the V1 Top Piece then it will fit, the Part with the Crown Cuts....The V2 Top is different.

If you use the V1 Top Piece then it will fit, the Part with the Crown Cuts....The V2 Top is different.

Got it. I appreciate your help.

I think he believed I was asking about the tops being interchangeable, not the V1 acrylic wide bore tip I have being interchangeable with the V2.

From what you said, the V2 is a smaller diameter. I wonder if the Temple acrylic drip tip I have will fit.

Would you say it is more than 1 mm smaller (best guess) than the V1?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got it. I appreciate your help.

I think he believed I was asking about the tops being interchangeable, not the V1 acrylic wide bore tip I have being interchangeable with the V2.

From what you said, the V2 is a smaller diameter. I wonder if the Temple acrylic drip tip I have will fit.

Would you say it is more than 1 mm smaller (best guess) than the V1?
You will need to use the V1 Crown for use of the Tips. The top of the Twisted Messes/13 Heavens Mini is the same as the V1 Crown (Its what I had in the room). The V2 is on the left, V1 on the right.
20160306_194542.jpg 20160306_194715.jpg

Just got this a week ago and have been messing with different coil configurations. I'm very new to vaping and due to a recent lay off I've had lots of time to research. I was able to bring the coils to the center on both sides this time, my first set they were both leaning more to the left on both sides and made wicking not as efficient and also I wasn't getting as deep and full of a juice well. So centering them and raising them upward made it so the air flow was below the coils, this has made the flavor ever better! Also I noticed my rda was getting pretty hot pretty fast, this has allowed it to stay cool and get insane flavor. I am using staple staggered fused claptons, if this is a wrong way of doing it or you know a better way please inform me as I am new.

Just got this a week ago and have been messing with different coil configurations. I'm very new to vaping and due to a recent lay off I've had lots of time to research. I was able to bring the coils to the center on both sides this time, my first set they were both leaning more to the left on both sides and made wicking not as efficient and also I wasn't getting as deep and full of a juice well. So centering them and raising them upward made it so the air flow was below the coils, this has made the flavor ever better! Also I noticed my rda was getting pretty hot pretty fast, this has allowed it to stay cool and get insane flavor. I am using staple staggered fused claptons, if this is a wrong way of doing it or you know a better way please inform me as I am new.
039a49b648f48b2989fbd08f686e8fd6.jpg
f65d47f4c7808fd21bce7394e2c962fa.jpg
942d6bc9ae8618da2e5d16dddeffd9f3.jpg
d2233eadd84ebeba92735037ae9c8692.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors