Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/u-k-man-killed-as-charging-e-cigarette-explodes-1.1951290

"TheMerseyside Fire and Rescue Servicesaid Friday that a small fire in the man's bedroom is believed to have started when an e-cigarette that had been charging exploded, caught on fire and ignited the oxygen tube of an oxygen concentrator."

I found this interesting comment when I was reading through the comments section:

"I wonder if it's the chargers? A defect in the 240volt, 50HZ chargers for European Consumers. 9 in a town in UK compared to a few in ALL of North America, where 120volts, 60hz is used."

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably one of those cheap gas station ones…

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
While the cause of the man’s death has not yet been confirmed, fire investigators believe the blaze was caused by an exploding E-cigarette.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So I guess now every time there is a house fire and an ecigarette is in the house it will suddenly become the cause of the fire?

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its just the typical media fear mongering tactics… They've been doing it for years… This is just the medias new Pit Bull…

The sheeple will follow just like normal..

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In a Liberty Flights mailshot today:

Importance Safety Announcement

Following the tragic death in Merseyside last week we would like to point all our customers to a safety guidance leaflet that has been produced by the British Compressed Gasses Association, with input from our own industry body, ECITA:

http://www.bcga.co.uk/pages/download_document.cfm?document_name=L16.pdf

If this affects you or anyone you know, please take extra care using your e cig products and ensure that you follow these guidelines. IMPORTANT - IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW USES MEDICAL OXYGEN, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THIS DOCUMENT.​

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Liberty Flights mailshot today:

Importance Safety Announcement

Following the tragic death in Merseyside last week we would like to point all our customers to a safety guidance leaflet that has been produced by the British Compressed Gasses Association, with input from our own industry body, ECITA:

http://www.bcga.co.uk/pages/download_document.cfm?document_name=L16.pdf

If this affects you or anyone you know, please take extra care using your e cig products and ensure that you follow these guidelines. IMPORTANT - IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW USES MEDICAL OXYGEN, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THIS DOCUMENT.​
I got that in their news letter today. I don't really need to be informed not to use electrical equipment which may potentially spark around leaking gas

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh for fuck sake.
58417df439a1b8d2b5188cce05d2b1.gif

if he'd been lighting up a stinkie and that happened, it probably wouldn't have made anything but the local news.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From the Liverpool Echo article:

"The investigation into the cause of this fire is continuing but at this stage it is thought that the charging device being used at the time may not have been the one supplied with the E-Cigarette."

Well, hmm. If it was a cig-a-like plugged into an ego charger, that would be charging it with too much current.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The stupid bastard was probably just charging his dildo with the wrong current. Not even an honorable mention for a Darwin Award.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, don't worry about Hobby. He is just fine.

image2.jpg

VU Sponsors