understanding mod boxes + Batts

inkedyouth777

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey guys ,

im new to all this so bear with me ,

i understand coils , ohms , wattages etc .......i build and use a drip tip with a eleaf 3ow

i have just bought a cherry bomber with two 186350's ......what can i expect from this setup in terms of wattage and "power" ......as well as dips in wattage when the batts drain.

is there a fool proof calculation you can use across the board or is it point and shoot , pray for heat .

i use 24g 10wraps @ 3mm which i find works well for me so based off these what can i expect ? and with no digital screen telling me what im vaping at , ( i use an ohm reader before firing anything )

all tips welcome and thanks in advance

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have one choice... all or nothing.
I get fuzzy if it is parallel or series that double the wattage and amp load.

Outside of single cell mechs vaping is no longer enjoyable to me since the headache of trying to remember stuff on the fly does not fly with me. I would rather vape than do math to be safe while vaping.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...is there a fool proof calculation you can use across the board or is it point and shoot , pray for heat ....
Know Ohm's law, no your Batteries, know your mod. Otherwise, pray! But not for heat.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Learn the actual amp rating of your batteries.
Based on ohm's law, make sure you don't push your batteries beyond their ability.
With a mech box, two batteries in parallel means the load (A) is split between them, so you can go lower in resistance.
Two batteries in serial means you don't need to go so low in resistance to reach high wattage, since you have double voltage (8.4)

inkedyouth777

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
these are my batteries stats, the box mod has a parallel setup

Voltage: 3.7V
Storage Voltage: 3.7-3.9V
Charging Cut-off Voltage: 4.2V
Discharge Cut-off Voltage: 3.0V
Capacity: 2200mAh
Norminal Capacity: 2090mAh

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

The most important value is missing "max continuous discharge current"

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey guys ,

i understand coils , ohms , wattages etc .......i build and use a drip tip with a eleaf 3ow

i have just bought a cherry bomber with two 186350's ......what can i expect from this setup in terms of wattage and "power" ......as well as dips in wattage when the batts drain.

is there a fool proof calculation you can use across the board or is it point and shoot , pray for heat .

i use 24g 10wraps @ 3mm which i find works well for me so based off these what can i expect ? and with no digital screen telling me what im vaping at , ( i use an ohm reader before firing anything )

186350?????????????
Boom

VAPE ON

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hey guys ,

you must not usnderstand the priciple of Ohm's l aw you adjust the maax wattage of the dualo 18650's according to the build ..
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yes i did mean 18650,

sorry bud , i dont quite understand what you mean ? i have tried to read this a few times and cant quite make out what you mean.
Assuming you are using 10 wraps of Kanthal per coil?

If so you would be around .26-.3 ohms pushing about 66 watts into it

VU Sponsors