understanding ohm & coils

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello gents

I have an RX200S

2 limitless plus tanks

Avocado 24 - single coil - twisted coil (kanthal most probably)

My question is, when I plug in the avocado, my mod says 0.45 ohms

When I plug in my limitless plus (A), its dual coil with the boxed coils, it says 0.16 ohms

When I plug in limitless plus (B), its dual coil on some sort of twisted coil, it says 0.27 ohms

My batteries are efest:

1- 3,500 mAh, 20A
2- 3,500 mAh, 35A
3- 3,500 mAh, 35A

I had 3 identical batteries, but one of them refused to go up to 4.12v when charged for 5 hours. So the guy swapped it today. Looks like he gave me a 20A instead of 35A like the others. No issues. I can go back tomorrow to get the 35A one.

My question is, I like vaping as high as 48W.

Any concerns?

How do I use the coil ohm to match the max battery output.

I am aware of what mAh is, volts are and how wattage is calculated.

I am little less learned about ohms. I realize ohms are what reduces power through the coil. And I realize thinner coils have less ohm (large gauge value).

I basically do not want it exploding in my face.

Looking forward to you guys' help.

Many thanks

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow bro, first of all pull those batteries immediately and go buy 3 quality batteries. Lg, Sony, Samsung, or Panasonic. Everything and I mean every other battery is a B bin re wrap. You should not be using different amp batteries in a device. Big no no. Batteries need to be married which means the get charged and discharged at the same time all the time. Your mod has a notoriously bad 510. Some people get a lot of use out of it while some don't. If you really like the mod you can have it replaced. Like I said it's notoriously wonky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. I'll look for quality batteries and obviously be identical.

My mod is ok for now. I may upgrade in the future. Any suggestions?

The primary reason for this thread is understanding why single coil ohm shows 0.46 on my mod and dual coil shows a much smaller figure.

thanks

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2 coils halve the ohms, so limitless B has 2 .54 coils on it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok. I'll look for quality batteries and obviously be identical.

My mod is ok for now. I may upgrade in the future. Any suggestions?

The primary reason for this thread is understanding why single coil ohm shows 0.46 on my mod and dual coil shows a much smaller figure.

thanks
Yeah, I don't think your fully grasping the situation here. Your mod is not ok with those batteries in it. While you probably won't blow your face off because it's a regulated device you may actually damage the mod. There is no such thing as a 35 amp 18650. They don't exist. I own the mod you have. Personally I bought 6 batteries for it. I have 2 sets that are labeled and always together. When one set discharges I have a charged set to pop in.

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2 coils halve the ohms, so limitless B has 2 .54 coils on it.

I see thanks. And if I put the coil on an ohm meter, would it read as .54 per coil?

What I am asking is if what my mod tells me about ohms is the same as what an ohm meter would tell me.

Yeah, I don't think your fully grasping the situation here. Your mod is not ok with those batteries in it. While you probably won't blow your face off because it's a regulated device you may actually damage the mod. There is no such thing as a 35 amp 18650. They don't exist. I own the mod you have. Personally I bought 6 batteries for it. I have 2 sets that are labeled and always together. When one set discharges I have a charged set to pop in.

I understand about the damage part. I will not use it till I get identicla batteries. Thank you very much for making that very clear.

Regarding 35A batteries, if you check efest's official website, they do list the battery:

http://efestpower.com/index.php?ac=article&at=read&did=396

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I see thanks. And if I put the coil on an ohm meter, would it read as .54 per coil?

What I am asking is if what my mod tells me about ohms is the same as what an ohm meter would tell me.

I understand about the damage part. I will not use it till I get identicla batteries. Thank you very much for making that very clear.

Regarding 35A batteries, if you check efest's official website, they do list the battery:

Check Mooch out. He's the last word on batteries.

https://www.facebook.com/Mooch-1636157550007158/

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Only if you could separate the coils and read them individually.

If you read the resistance of the coilf from the 510 connection it should read .27 ohms.

Edit: Sorry, the first part of this post didn't register until after I hit "reply".

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You have to understand the basics of an electrical circuit. There are two basic cirtcuits, parallel and series. Series- add more identical coils to the same wire doubles the resistance. Parallel- add more identical coils on separate wires you split the circuit and resistance is lowered as more lanes are added to the freeway, most atomizers/tanks in vaping follow this method. Dual coil it is 1/2 a single coils resistance, triple coil it is 1/3 a single coils resistance, etc, resistance/number parallel coils.

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So

I gave my avocado away to a friend. I want having luck with it.
I'll start another thread about it.
I just Picked up a tsunami 24 window :)

Regarding my original post.

Based on my batteries and my two limitless plus, what wattage should I stay below?

Thx gents. You guys are super.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up a lot of information on circuits and current on YouTube...... Pegasus Academy...... Those guys know everything there is to know about building boxes and their videos are amazingly full of details and drawings.....

They help the biggest moron dumb douchebag become an electrician.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Efest doesn't make its own batteries, it buys up the B and C bin discards the big 4 manufacturers, batteries that didn't pass muster and QC in the first place, slaps its own label on it and prints the "Short Pulse Discharge" the manufacturer rated them for as the "Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR)". 3500mah presently is to high an energy density for a high drain battery, max Mah for a proper energy thruput high drain is 3000mah at 20amps (LG HG2, Samsung 30Q which are 3000mah at 20amps, and the Sony VTC6 which is 3000mah 19amps). Efest is the biggest offender of over-spec on batteries out there on top of they are generally twice as much as the A Bin authentics. Save yourself some money and increase your safety to begin with by buying just authentic name brands, LG, Samsung, Sony which are 3 of the big 4 mentioned, if all your vendor offers is Efest and other re-wraps, in the US check out illumn.com, liionwholesale.com, imrbatteries.com, orbtronic.com, or rtdvapor.com

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With proper 20 amp or higher batteries you can run whatever wattage you want. The resistance of the coils has nothing to do with how much amperage you pull from the batteries when using a variable wattage mod.

VU Sponsors