Become a Patron!

Uneven builds?

Joeyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is anyone running uneven builds? I built a 24 Ga 7/8 wrap on a 3/16 bit and a 26 Ga 5/6 wrap on the same bit and am running them together. This build is running at .54 Ohms and at 30 Watts it is really very nice. Is anyone running anything similar?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
why not just even the load out and roll up a pair of 24 and 26 parallels?

Joeyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
why not just even the load out and roll up a pair of 24 and 26 parallels?
The smaller coil heats up quickly and gives a nice vape at the beginning of the draw and its nice for short hits, but if you fire it long enough the second coil kicks in slowly and gives a nice warm vape that is very satisfying. With my other setups if I go for that long lung hit I can get a slightly burnt taste at the end but this configuration seems to avoid that, even at 50 Watts which is as high as I can go.

So think of it this way (this is all a rough guess)
Coil 1(24ga) total resistance=.81Ω
Coil 2(26ga) total resistance=1.64Ω

Your total wattage you typically use is 30watts @ .54Ω=4v

Total amps=8amps@4v

Coil 1 total watts @4 volts=20w=5amps
Coil 2 total watts @4 volts=10w=3amps

Interesting setup though curious to why the uneven build, I may have to tinker with it sometime

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting setup though curious to why the uneven build, I may have to tinker with it sometime
Like Joe said...
The smaller coil heats up quickly and gives a nice vape at the beginning of the draw and its nice for short hits, but if you fire it long enough the second coil kicks in slowly and gives a nice warm vape that is very satifying.
I haven't even started sub ohming yet (hitting an E-Grip) but just studying up for it, reading what you all say, I was already thinking of trying this for the same reason.

Last edited:

Joeyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So think of it this way (this is all a rough guess)
Coil 1(24ga) total resistance=.81Ω
Coil 2(26ga) total resistance=1.64Ω

Your total wattage you typically use is 30watts @ .54Ω=4v

Total amps=8amps@4v

Coil 1 total watts @4 volts=20w=5amps
Coil 2 total watts @4 volts=10w=3amps

If you like to take loooong deep satisfying hits (which happens with me when there is some whiskey nearby:) then this setup will do you proud. Since I made this build I have been binge-ing on this one atty. All my other gear is getting lonely :)

VU Sponsors