Become a Patron!

Unhappy with crown/evic vtc mini...new build?

Smokeyla1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After reading review sites that say crown I'd top 3 tank for flavor and vtc mini being great mod I find flavors are too light even with .25 SS coil up to 75w. Also tried .5 SS up to about 55-60 above that it's popping and spitting all over for me. Either way flavors seem bland.
Should I purchase a higher power mod to push the crown or a different tank? Also just ordered some vapewild juices with 50% flavor boost to try that route.

Juices I have
Cuttwood-sugar drizzle
Hometown hero- rice crispy treats
Hometown hero-white girl
Vista vapors-lime 20% boost
LA arts- cottontail creme
Bomb sauce-alien piss
Teleos-cookie
Sweet vapes-froot loops w/milk
Sweet vapes- clear gummy bear

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would try turning the power down and building to match the lower power levels. High heat (sometimes from high power) tends to wash out or make bland, juice. Could also try higher PG ratio. PG carries flavor better than VG.
Don't really have a suggestion for your atty.. I would suggest if you want to get flavor, the way you want that flavor to taste. You will have to go rebuildable, so you can fine tune the coil to you vape style and preferences.
Also you might try closing down the air flow a bit. The more outside air, mixed into the vapor, the more diluted the vapor flavor will be. The cloud might be bigger with more air, But, not always the flavor.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I rock the crown .25 between 85-90 watts, no problem with spit back, but I use 30/70 pg/vg and up. Flavor is like drinking the juice. I don't care for the .5 ohm or the Ni200, and the RBA is only ehhh. You have to use high VG in a crown and it wasn't designed for mid to low watts.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The .25 I agree the evicVT isnt Going to cut it.
Today I tell people unless your not going lower than .5ohm go for 100-200 watt mods.
I use my RX and Sigelie the most than my evicVTmin (I do love that mod )
You can use it on TC (SS mode) as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should still get decent flavor on a crown .25 at 75 watts, even 65. You absolutely have to break the coils in though, and it is best to start at like 35w take a vape, jump 3 or 4 watts take a puff repeat until reaching desired range. It may seem tedious, but it works. IT also works to de-funk a coil that you accidentally dry burned. When I got my crown, I bought my first 100 watt devise, and I never use it over 80 myself.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I use the crown on my evic daily I use the .15 ni coils at 70w and around 430- 470 degrees and I get flavor and clouds for days no issues with popping spitting and my coils last me almost 2 months at a time with the cinnamon juice I run as my adv. That being said not everyone likes ni200 coils but for me they have been the best flavor and longevity of all of the crown coils I have used .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I use the crown on my evic daily I use the .15 ni coils at 70w and around 430- 470 degrees and I get flavor and clouds for days no issues with popping spitting and my coils last me almost 2 months at a time with the cinnamon juice I run as my adv. That being said not everyone likes ni200 coils but for me they have been the best flavor and longevity of all of the crown coils I have used .

Been using my Crowns for several months now, and have used the Ni200 coils quite a bit in one of them, and I don't see how your getting great clouds or flavor between 430-470f. The Ni200s, in my experience, don't even show up to the party until 520-530, and are best at 570. For TC in a Crown, the 1.2 Single coil and the .5 Dual Coil are far better performers than the Ni200, and if you vape the .25 in anything but power mode, at 80-90 watts, you're wasting a perfectly good coil.
Just my nickels worth.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using my Crowns for several months now, and have used the Ni200 coils quite a bit in one of them, and I don't see how your getting great clouds or flavor between 430-470f. The Ni200s, in my experience, don't even show up to the party until 520-530, and are best at 570. For TC in a Crown, the 1.2 Single coil and the .5 Dual Coil are far better performers than the Ni200, and if you vape the .25 in anything but power mode, at 80-90 watts, you're wasting a perfectly good coil.
Just my nickels worth.
May be the juice I run. A 60/40 or hell I may be getting anemic clouds but for me it is rocking at that temp . I believe the burning of cotton is what 390 -420 , not exact but somewhere in there . For me the coil life is awesome at that range and it satisfies me greatly . I will be changing flavors soon in my crown so before I do I will crank it up to see if there is a better flavor at 500+ but the cinnamon juice I am running atmo is a nice warm moist hit and foe me it has good flavor ......not rda flavor but for a high powered tank it is pretty darn good to me .

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
image.jpeg image.jpeg
May be the juice I run. A 60/40 or hell I may be getting anemic clouds but for me it is rocking at that temp . I believe the burning of cotton is what 390 -420 , not exact but somewhere in there . For me the coil life is awesome at that range and it satisfies me greatly . I will be changing flavors soon in my crown so before I do I will crank it up to see if there is a better flavor at 500+ but the cinnamon juice I am running atmo is a nice warm moist hit and foe me it has good flavor ......not rda flavor but for a high powered tank it is pretty darn good to me .

This is what I'm using at work. As for cotton burning, the temp is 390f for Dry Cotton.

VU Sponsors