Become a Patron!

UPDATE: Pennsylvania Vapor Tax Is Worse Than We Thought

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my local B&M stores just closed up shop this week due to this tax. R.I.P. Steamworks Vapor Co. I became friends with the owner over the last two years. It's a shame. All he was doing was paying his bills and putting food on his daughters plate while chasing his dream. Isn't that supposed to be what America is all about? Because of this ridiculous legislation, He is now signing up for food stamps until another opportunity comes along.
Way to go, Pennsylvania. This new tax is going to cause more burden for the state (through job loss) then revenue the new tax will ever produce...

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This new tax is going to cause more burden for the state (through job loss) then revenue the new tax will ever produce...
There's no doubt that that will be a direct consequence. But the indirect consequences are the real rationale behind this: To prevent a new flood of people switching from smoking to vaping as the tax on cigarettes in PA increases by a buck a pack, and to keep PA's MSA payments flowing... :mad:

Last edited:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
One buck per pack? Sorry, but that's highway robbery.
Yep, they're increasing it from $1.60 a pack to $2.60 a pack. Not the highest in the country (that honor belongs to NY at $4.35), but no longer mid-field either. Only 10 states are higher.

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fingers crossed I don't have any problems with my final vape purchase! Ordered from HeavensGifts and I'm worried that the delay from China shipping is going to screw me over. Bought up 2 RTAs and a RDTA to keep me going long after my SMOK and Atlantis coils are gone. Stocked on nicotine, vg,pg, and flavorings during the 4th of July sale.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The whole thing is a bunch of bull shit what are they going to do put efery one in jail for tax fraud, bust into peoples homes and do searches

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah free country they take away our freedoms little by little every day

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well at least it's free, meaning we don't have to pay to live here... oh wait nvm

VU Sponsors