Become a Patron!

Upgrading from ego batteries to mod

I'm looking to upgrade from ego batteries to an Eleaf Istick 40 or 50w. I've beend using an kanger mt3 for a while but I'm looking to upgrade my atomizer as well. I'm not looking to rebuild coils. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if your going to go istick
get the 40w tc so you have temperature control as an option

tank - go with the kanger subtank mini or plus
both come with a rebuildable deck that you can store and if you ever decide to make your own coils you can
until then you can use the pre made coils
you can get the ni200 coils for temp control or use the regular coils for non temp control

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if your going to go istick
get the 40w tc so you have temperature control as an option

tank - go with the kanger subtank mini or plus
both come with a rebuildable deck that you can store and if you ever decide to make your own coils you can
until then you can use the pre made coils
you can get the ni200 coils for temp control or use the regular coils for non temp control
I agree with Matt...

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Just go with the subox kit and be done with it. Seriously. I've spent hundreds of dollars on tanks, drippers, box mods, coils, etc, trying to find the BEST set up and I keep going back to the subox kit.

The kit comes with everything you need to get started. Eventually you will want to run the RBA head in the subtank and it comes with that already too.

zpedd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have a subox and its a nice way to get into using external batts... but its not very high wattage so if u plan on dripping and banging clouds go for something a bit bigger... perhaps an ipv4 or something thats a worth while invest and that you can using tc on

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I agree with all of the above. I have the subtank mini and the RBA is fairly easy to build on. In fact, it was the first coil I built, so if I can do it.........well, you know the rest :) Good luck

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are thinking of purchasing an I stick......Don't!
Mine took a crap after a couple of months, and many people will agree they fail quite often.
I absolutely agree with the kanger sub box kit idea.
It's a good deal and the next logical step in your vapism

zpedd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine took a crap after a couple of months, and many people will agree they fail quite often.
Definitely a good call with the subox

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the 50w definitely had issues but many people have them and they are still working great SO not all istick 50w are bad
i have 2 30w isticks that have been going great for months with heavy use and abuse
the 40w tc is new, but imho will probably have some bad units in the bunch but plenty of good ones.

I know several people who love their isticks

zpedd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the 50w definitely had issues but many people have them and they are still working great SO not all istick 50w are bad
i have 2 30w isticks that have been going great for months with heavy use and abuse
the 40w tc is new, but imho will probably have some bad units in the bunch but plenty of good ones.

The main issue is second and third batches when China pumps out forty million instead of one

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I

loved mine too, it just didn't love me back lol. I should have specified 50 watt had lots of issues. I bet the new ones will have some changes to keep failures to a minimum. I hope. The problem is if I wait 6 months to make sure all the bugs have been worked out they will likely release a new one the day after I buy it.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't pick just one, so I got both !

2C652E12-442C-4EEF-A3AC-233C6F371F96-15789-0000059B25C8C525_zpsmbsxjlpd.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 Pcs and 2 macs on the desk. :)

mac love is fun and I but...I repaired Iphones for 6.5 years, 2 Stores, one down town Key West, like 10 feet from Vapor Shark.

BBED8821-530F-478C-8FE3-BE3203EA1333-34063-0000082D39FFADF3_zpst5rlrllb.jpg

I started doing it shortly after the 3g came out....I did it before it was cool to do it. I have some crazy stories about that....I made the first white iphones in the state. The day the black phones came out on the market I had OEM white screens that day and converted them on the spot...The regional sales manager was given one of them...needless to say, it was a great 6+ years, but im glad its over.

VU Sponsors