Become a Patron!

USA Ohm Meter 3D Printed

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my USA Ohm Meter 3D Printed in the mail today! Small, light (because of battery) and seemingly accurate! The coil I built read at .325 and my Sigelei 150W TC read at 3.1. Good to go for me considering I don't know if the mod is more accurate or if the USA Meter is more accurate. The last two Eleaf meters I bought read at twice what my device did so the USA Ohm Meter has my confidence!

If you are familiar with 3D printing, it is not perfect depending on what resolution it is printed out at. You can see the grain in the unit but the top is the bed surface and it looks good (The bed surface is the surface that the item printed sits on and is heated so it is the best looking part and no grain can be seen). Not exactly sure what material was used in printing this but is probably PVC. PVC pellets are VERY CHEAP and not sure it warrants an $80 ish price tag but on the other hand it is a slower process than injection molding so... I get it. The battery door is held by magnets like box mods and has a nice touch with the USA Meters logo inside.

The battery is a 3v pancake battery and I generally try to avoid specialty batteries but I am going to guess, for what it's being used for, it will last awhile. We shall see.

I like my meter and don't regret spending the cash!

EDIT- I said it was an $80 ish price tag but was wrong... that's for the Fire model. This model is $46 so I take back the talk about PVC pellets being cheap and it not warranting the cost.

Attachments

• NCM_0272.JPG
    NCM_0272.JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 64
  • NCM_0273.JPG
    NCM_0273.JPG
    745.9 KB · Views: 59
  • NCM_0271.JPG
    NCM_0271.JPG
    660.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They are great meters from what i hear..but i have to boo the $80 dollar price tag...as far as i know the pcb is the same used in the lesser cost models and they are adding maybe an $8.00 510 connector and making the box extremely cheap...i guess trying to pay for the 3d machine and labor costs asap.

I plan to get the $20 dollar model and install a better 510 myself.

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are great meters from what i hear..but i have to boo the $80 dollar price tag...as far as i know the pcb is the same used in the lesser cost models and they are adding maybe an $8.00 510 connector and making the box extremely cheap...i guess trying to pay for the 3d machine and labor costs asap.

I plan to get the $20 dollar model and install a better 510 myself.
My mistake, I have bought so much stuff in the last week... It is $46, $85 for the Fire version.
:oops:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear nothing but good things...will eventually end up with one of the $20something models, but it's less pressing since I don't build stupid-sub-ohm and do most of my vaping on regulated boxes these days...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear nothing but good things...will eventually end up with one of the $20something models, but it's less pressing since I don't build stupid-sub-ohm and do most of my vaping on regulated boxes these days...
I'ts quite useful for TC, because it's so low, and some boxes are also funky about reading (namely the Istick 40W tc).

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'ts quite useful for TC, because it's so low, and some boxes are also funky about reading (namely the Istick 40W tc).
I never rely solely on a mod's reading - and yes, TC is the perfect reason to have a super-accurate meter...which is something else I don't do (yet).

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw that but I decided I didn't have the room for a turntable in my vape toolbox. Looks cool but too big for my likes and from what I have seen, USA takes the cake as to accuracy. OTH, saw a coilmaster for $39.

I saw that but I decided I didn't have the room for a turntable in my vape toolbox. Looks cool but too big for my likes and from what I have seen, USA takes the cake as to accuracy. OTH, saw a coilmaster for $39.
Its not much bigger than a standard ohm meter.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This ohm meter from Fasttech is 1/3rd the price of the usa standard model, and just as accurate as the usa ohm meter. I have both. The guy who owns usa ohm meters is an argumentative snarky asshat and you get no warranty. Plus, the 510 pad he puts on the usa ohm meter is a cheap piece of crap with almost no spring in the pin.

The FT reader has a built in battery that lasts months before needing a quick 20 minute usb recharge, and has a built-in volt meter. The usa meter, you have to supply your own AA batteries.

My opinion, and my experience.

ohmreader usa.jpg ohmreader china.jpg

edit*** And yes, mine is the new version with the supposedly updated 510 pad. At least with the 3d printed version you have access to change the 510 pad out to a Fatdaddy or a Varitube.

ohm reader4.jpg

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This ohm meter from Fasttech is 1/3rd the price of the usa standard model, and just as accurate as the usa ohm meter. I have both. The guy who owns usa ohm meters is an argumentative snarky asshat and you get no warranty. Plus, the 510 pad he puts on the usa ohm meter is a cheap piece of crap with almost no spring in the pin.

The FT reader has a built in battery that lasts months before needing a quick 20 minute usb recharge, and has a built-in volt meter. The usa meter, you have to supply your own AA batteries.

My opinion, and my experience.

View attachment 28069 View attachment 28070

edit*** And yes, mine is the new version with the supposedly updated 510 pad. At least with the 3d printed version you have access to change the 510 pad out to a Fatdaddy or a Varitube.

View attachment 28071
That probably works fine for most, but if you're going stupid-sub-ohm or using temp control you probably want a meter that reads in thousandths, not just hundredths.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't even trust it. Here's the same atty. No cotton, screws are tight, batteries are charged, and haven't used the atty in a couple weeks. picts taken minutes apart just now. As far as I'm concerned, it's an over-hyped, over-priced piece of shit

ohmreader_new.jpg ohmreader_new1.jpg

ohmreader_new2.jpg

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I found the guy from USA OhmMeters quite helpful: I had an issue with my first meter, and he sent me out a new one (I sent the old one back after I received the new one). I had another cheap one that was wildly inaccurate, but this one seems spot on.

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't have that problem. The only thing I have noticed is the thousandths move by .002 or so.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He must be nice to Women. Another guy I talked to, including me, wouldn't deal with. About a week after I bought it, it was erratic, as you see in the pictures. He blamed me for screwing it up and wouldn't return it. He did say he would return it if it had never been used. I asked him "how do I know if it works if I don't try it and use it ?". He wouldn't respond. He doesn't have a warranty, and doesn't mention it on his website. Basically says, once you take delivery of it, you own it.

If the 510 pad could be replaced with a quality one, I'm sure it would be ok. If I mess with it enough, I can get it to read consistently to match the cheaper accurate meter. As far as a TC mod goes, the mod will use what it sees whether or not it's plus or minus a few thousands.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He must be nice to Women. Another guy I talked to, including me, wouldn't deal with. About a week after I bought it, it was erratic, as you see in the pictures. He blamed me for screwing it up and wouldn't return it. He did say he would return it if it had never been used. I asked him "how do I know if it works if I don't try it and use it ?". He wouldn't respond. He doesn't have a warranty, and doesn't mention it on his website.(snip)
USA Ohm Meters website states...

• Warranties
  • 30 days from date of arrival against Manufacturer Defect. Use the Contact Us form to open the line of communication and request RMA#. Once communication is established, you may be requested to provide pictures/videos of any claims you are stating. Once an RMA has been approved and RMA number provided, we suggest you ship the package with insurance and a tracking number. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages back to us. You must also include the original copy of the Invoice when sending to us. If this is not included, it will slow down the process of your claim. You are responsible for all shipping charges back to us (for all returns). Once your RMA has been reviewed/addressed, we will provide shipping and cover the fees back to you if covered. If not covered under a manufacturer defect, you will have the option to pay for return shipping to have your product returned. We do not offer any "upgrade" options if returning a lower model and want to step up to a higher model. Items are replaced as the original purchased item.

• Return Policy
  • Use the Contact Us form to open the line of communication and request RMA#. Any stocked items can be returned within 30 days of purchase less 15% restocking fee. To qualify for a refund, item must have not been used and/or damaged in any fashion. You are responsible to cover the shipping fee back to us for any Refunds.

http://www.shop.usaohmmeters.com/termsandconditions.sc

I LOVE Mine!!!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USA Ohm Meters website states...

• Warranties
  • 30 days from date of arrival against Manufacturer Defect. Use the Contact Us form to open the line of communication and request RMA#. Once communication is established, you may be requested to provide pictures/videos of any claims you are stating. Once an RMA has been approved and RMA number provided, we suggest you ship the package with insurance and a tracking number. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages back to us. You must also include the original copy of the Invoice when sending to us. If this is not included, it will slow down the process of your claim. You are responsible for all shipping charges back to us (for all returns). Once your RMA has been reviewed/addressed, we will provide shipping and cover the fees back to you if covered. If not covered under a manufacturer defect, you will have the option to pay for return shipping to have your product returned. We do not offer any "upgrade" options if returning a lower model and want to step up to a higher model. Items are replaced as the original purchased item.

• Return Policy
  • Use the Contact Us form to open the line of communication and request RMA#. Any stocked items can be returned within 30 days of purchase less 15% restocking fee. To qualify for a refund, item must have not been used and/or damaged in any fashion. You are responsible to cover the shipping fee back to us for any Refunds.

http://www.shop.usaohmmeters.com/termsandconditions.sc

I LOVE Mine!!!
He didn't have all that on his website a few months ago when I was going back and forth with him. All he had was:
  • Legal Notice

• All notices from USA OHM METERS to You may be posted on our Web site and will be deemed delivered within thirty (30) days after posting. Notices from You to USA OHM METERS shall be made either by e-mail, sent to the address we provide on our Web site, or first class mail to our address at:
    Delivery shall be deemed to have been made by You to USA OHM METERS five (5) days after the date sent.
Glad he changed it and added that. That was one of the arguments I had with him when he wouldn't honor my warranty less than two weeks after I bought it. Glad you love yours. I hate mine, and he still won't deal with it.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear that.

Guess you got a lemon?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear that.
Guess you got a lemon?

Wonky solder job, and a cheap 510 connector is the lemon problem

Will order one of these for $1.61 from Fasttech. Or this one. This is the same exact chinese box he's using on his $28 dollar "ultimate". Made for 3 AA batteries, He takes the center battery spring out, and solder's the reader board directly to the middle battery lead. Drills a round hole and super glues on a cheap $1 dollar 510 pad. I have several low profile Fatdaddy spring loaded 510's and will use one to make a new box that works.
These are the same boxes on ebay

ohm_reader_parts.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Why would you get something that just does one thing when you can get a 521 Tab Master for 39.99 and have it do anything you would ever need to check on any vaping related device/wire?
http://www.coil-master.net/product/coil-master-521

maxresdefault.jpg

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sam's Club now has 3D printers for (I think) $1299

VU Sponsors