Become a Patron!

Using both SS Mesh & Cotton w/ RDTA

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really want to purchase a RDTA, but have some hesitation because of how I generally vape. I'm a flavor chaser, who DIY's my own juice and change flavors multiple times a day. I'm concerned a RDTA, which requires long cotton wicks, would quickly muddle my flavors as the cotton usually holds quite a bit of juice long after the juice change.
A possible solution that I've thought of, but have not seen done is have SS mesh cylinders running up through the wick holes, sitting flush with the deck and to then have cotton, that's passing through the coil, stuffed into those. Thinking the SS mesh would pull juice up to the cotton and then to my coil. Has anyone done this? If not do you think it could work?

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would think you would have the same problem with residual flavor. As far as it working..I don't see why it wouldn't just make sure you are able to insert the cotton wick into the ss tube.

I personally don't use this type of rba but I think alot of people cut the wicks flush with the deck.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't need long wicks to touch the bottom of the tank with an RDTA. All you need them to do is come out just a tiny bit past the opening of the deck. Then when you vape tipping the tank juices the wick.

VU Sponsors