Using WS-23 Crystals

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Guides, Tips & Tricks!' started by livelongvapeon, Sep 18, 2018.

1. livelongvapeon

livelongvapeon New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi Everyone,

I recently came across some WS-23 crystals and wanted to see if anyone has experience in mixing this with PG. I figured I'd start at 10% solution and go from there.

I believe I have the basic math down in terms of how much to use but I wanted to see if anyone has any tips in terms of dilution and getting it to completely bind with the PG.

Really any help would be greatly appreciated.

KingPin! and LeanPipe like this.
  2. AndriaD

AndriaD If you don't like my opinions, see above. VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    What is it? That would be helpful to know. :)

Andria

livelongvapeon and LeanPipe like this.
  3. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Koolada

livelongvapeon, LeanPipe and AndriaD like this.
  4. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    WS-23 crystals is a cooling agent that has no odour or taste. It delivers an extreme coolness to your flavour solution without any menthol. WS-23 is more balanced and smoother in character and is perfect for those who enjoy an ice cold cooling impact with less flavour muting than other popular additives.

Directions
    Dilute in a base of Propylene Glycol (PG) at 10 - 30%. Once diluted, for best results add between 0.75% to 1.5% to your flavouring solution or adjust dosages to your preferred taste.

5. LeanPipe

LeanPipe Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I get a sore throat from koolada, but ws23 I am ok with. I mix in pg @ 30%. It disolves easily, and I use one drop per 10ml. I have had the same bottle I mixed up a year ago, and it has not changed in potency.

livelongvapeon and KingPin! like this.
  6. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Don’t want too much of that haha I have the liquid flavour and don’t go too much above 2% max

I think it features in that Fantasi Orange Ice liquid, which while stupidly sweet, and is a coil killer...is oh so worth it ....wow does it’s clear your head, brain freeze time

livelongvapeon and LeanPipe like this.
  7. livelongvapeon

livelongvapeon New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the advice Steve. One other question- do you normally use a heated magnetic stir plate to fully combine the crystals with the PG or is a does a normal magnetic mixer work? If you do introduce heat, what temperature is recommended?

8. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Sorry I don't use Koolada and it is just the info I got doing a Google Search. I also do not use a Magnetic Stir Plate I used to use an Electric Mixer but now I just shake my e-Liquids and sit them under an incandescent desk lap to heat to 100°F for 3-4 days if I am in a hurry. Otherwise simple sit and shake occasionally. Maximum temperature IMO for Nicotine is 150°F. Good Luck

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    livelongvapeon likes this.