Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown B Review by Ben28

Uwell Crown B Kit
Hey there folks, after my last review, which was about a disposable, today it's time to go up a notch and go for a Pod System from a brand that has been killing it lately in this sector, the pod sector, small vaping devices, usually portable and with a fairly good and long-lasting battery capacity, in this case, the Uwell Crown B.

I want to thank Kavis from Sourcemore for providing me with this device for the purpose of this review. To begin, as always, I leave you with some images provided by the brand so you can see more or less what the product is about.

Disclaimer; Nobody nor any brand is paying me to do this review, all you will see are my most sincere opinions, both the positive and the negative.

Combinacion.jpg

The product features;
  • Adjustable power and airflow
  • Strong and durable power
  • Stunning light for delight
  • One button for all operation: air/button activation
  • Secure-lock function
  • Three levels power: Low/Middle/High
  • Compatible with PA 0.3ohm/0.8ohm coil
  • Upgraded Pro-focs adjustment tech
  • Solid magnetic pod connection
  • 2A fast type-c charging
The specs of the product are;

BrandUwell
Product NameCrown B Kit
MaterialPCTG, Zinc Alloy
Dimensions92*42*18mm
Pod Capacity3.5ml
Output Power Range13W-35W
Coil SpecificationUwell PA Coil 0.3ohm (25W-35W, DTL)
Uwell PA Coil 0.8ohm (15W-18W, RDL & MTL)
Battery Capacity1150mAh
ColorIron Gray

Packaging and First Impressions
IMG_8843.jpg

This is how the device looks inside the box, as we can see the box comes with a circuit pattern, quite nice in my opinion. It also has yellow details and the crown that comes from the name.

Kavis was very kind and included in the package some 0.8Ω coils that would be great for a loose MTL and a great quality of flavor.​

IMG_8844.jpg

IMG_8845.jpg

As we can see, in the photo above we see the front of the box. In the upper left part we see the Uwell logo, in the center, a small transparent space through which the device can be seen and at the bottom the crown and the model of the item. The box follows the pattern like a circuit and looks very good.

On the back of the box we see a distinction between a DTL vape, with 0.3Ω coils, and an MTL vape with 0.8Ω coils. We are also presented with some of the main features, the things that are included inside the box, the battery and E-Liquid capacities as well as an address.

Inside the box;

1 Crown B Device
1 Crown B Empty Cartridge
1 Uwell PA Coil 0.3ohm M (DTL, Pre-installed)
1 Uwell PA Coil 0.8ohm M (RDL & MTL, Spare)
1 510 Drip Tip (Pre-installed)
1 510 Drip Tip (Spare)
1 Type-C Charging Cable
1 User Manual​

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_8847.jpg

Here we have the sides of the box, on one of them we see a QR code and Uwell's social networks. In the other we can see certain warnings such as that it should not be sold to those under 21, it should not be used by pregnant women... just below the bottom is the QR code to verify that the product is authentic.​

IMG_8848.jpg

Once the box is opened we find the device fitted into a custom-made hole and below it a small box with the Crown symbol. I must admit that when I was opening this it felt very, very luxurious to be honest, something that I did not expect at all and that gave me that impression and continues to give me that impression to this day, it is not something that looks cheap or poor quality, quite the opposite.​

IMG_8849.jpg

Once everything has been removed and arranged from the box we see what the device comes with, a small box that includes coils, cable and a 510 drip tip and also in the small envelope at the bottom is the product manual.​

IMG_8850.jpg

This is practically everything that comes in the box. The drip tips seem to be the same but no, I was greatly surprised when I realized that one was more closed than the other, designed for MTL vaping, although as we will see later, a loose MTL vaping to be honest. At first glance, the pod looks very tinted and yes, it is very, very difficult to see the amount of liquid it has inside, I would have liked a lighter tint.​

Device Inspection

Let's start with the really interesting stuff, inspect the device, talk about the pod, modes, settings...

IMG_8851.jpg

The device looks like this and is made up of two parts, a main one which is made of zinc alloy and a secondary one made of PCGT, something more than distinguishable with the naked eye.

On the front we find something circuit style again and in the center written Pro-Focs, which is the technology used in this device.

The button has a pretty good feel, it is in the zinc alloy area and it also has certain functions which we will talk about below.

2 Clicks - Button lock, that is, you can only use autodraw, with this action the screen flashes red.
3 Clicks - Mode selection, we can choose between three modes which we will talk about in more detail later.
5 Clicks - Turn the device on/off.

The small hole above the button is an air inlet and yes, to regulate the air we must remove the pod as we will see below, something that does not convince me at all but I tolerate it.​

IMG_8852.jpg

This is what the back part looks like, I forgot to say it but the front part lights up, not this one, you can simply see the pattern that we have been talking about throughout the review and little else.

From this position there is a certain distance between the pod and the body of the device and this leads to some (but very little) looseness.​

IMG_8853.jpg

On this side of the device we can see a liquid indicator at the top and certain warnings that are seen through the plastic at the bottom.​

IMG_8855.jpg

At the bottom we find the USB-C charging port, which charges at 2A and takes 55 minutes timed by me. I'm not a big fan of the charging port on the bottom of the device but I accept it, it's not bad.​
IMG_8862.jpg

The Pod is inserted into the body using magnets, as I talked about before, these magnets could be better and this causes looseness. In this part, the truth is that in the time I have been using it I have not seen a drop of liquid to be honest, so 10/10 for Uwell in this regard.​
IMG_8864.jpg

This is what the coil inserted in the pod looks like. Yes, very, very important, we must align the straight part of the coil with the small arrow that the pod has, in this way we avoid any type of problem and leaks. Also, always remember to prime the coil before using it.​

IMG_8863.jpg

In this device, the control of the air intake is somewhat strange, we must remove the pod to be able to adjust it, I don't have any problem with it but I prefer to do it without removing the pod, as in most devices. Something I should add is that even by closing the air inlet completely we still do not achieve an MTL vape but we do achieve a loose MTL.​

Vaping Time

I started with the 0.3Ω coil and went through all the power modes available on the device. Honestly, with this coil I stick with the blue mode, which vapes at 30W. It is a warm vape with a very very good flavor for commercial coils, something that Uwell is characterized by. The battery using these coils and this configuration is more than acceptable for indoor use but I must admit that it wears out very, very quickly, the good thing is, it takes 55 minutes of 2A charging so it's fine. The coil lasted approximately 15-25mL of liquid.

I also tried the 0.8Ω coil, which I still carry today so it is not dead yet, the configuration I used was the medium power level and the airflow closed to the maximum to achieve a loose MTL. The flavor is even better this way but the amount of vapor is drastically reduced, if you are a cloud chaser this is not your option of course.

In the hand it feels great, a little heavy for a pod but nothing out of this world, comfortable and on top of that it can be used with auto-draw or with a button.​

Pros and Cons
ProsCons
Pocket SizedBattery Duration
Very Good FlavourTinted Pod
Adjustable Airflow
Adjustable Power
2 Drip Tips
2 Coils ( MTL or DTL )
Auto-Draw and Button

Conclusion

I sincerely think that it is a very, very good pod system and totally recommended, it has adjustable airflow, adjustable power, it comes with two coils so you can taste and decide.

As I said before, the only drawback is the tinted pod, which I don't like at all since it is very difficult to see the amount of liquid.
As for the product, I don't have any other complaints, you can find it at Sourcemore for $29.89, by the way, Sourcemore provided me with a code to drop it to $23.29 UCBK , check it out.

That was the entire review, I hope you liked it, I loved doing it to be honest, any question or doubt, even constructive criticism, is accepted in the comments, have a good time vaping!

By Ben28.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors