Become a Patron!

Uwell crown ni200 coils

onyx823401

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone, new member here. A quick question about uwell crown ni200 coils. I recently purchased a pack of the coils and I seem to be having issues on both my snow wolf and ipv3 li. The coils are great for about 2 days then I start getting dry hits, not quite burned cotton, more like singed cotton and the juice level in the tank is still good and I'm running 450f at 40j. Anyone else having these issues? Only fix I have found is punching holes in the cotton at the juice flow holes. Figured I wouldn't have these issues in TC. Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You shouldn't be getting dry hits in TC mode. What kind of juice are you vaping, and what VG/PG ratio? Real sweet juices can gunk up a coil fast. I don't have a Crown, but regularly vape at 30-40 Joules at 420-480F without any issues with 70/30 juices with my IPV3Li. My coils average about 2 weeks before they need changing.

onyx823401

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have the issue with my herakles or starre tanks in tc mode for some reason, just the crown. I'm vaping a spearmint 90/10 that performs well in my other tanks. Kinda got me thinking I possibly got a bad box of coils, I've been thru 2 in about 5 days.

onyx823401

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It acts like it's not wicking fast enough, but I figured with tc it wouldn't matter, I also never get the dry wick indicator in my ipv3 li with these coils

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, at 90 VG the wicking might be having a hard time catching up, but with TC I wouldn't expect a singed cotton taste. Have you tried turning your temp down a bit to see if it makes any difference?

onyx823401

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I can turn it down to about 420 and it goes away but so does the flavor. The coils are .15 I might try to go up to the . 25 and see if that helps, it's just odd that they work great for 2 days then issues. I've been trying all the sub-ohm tanks I can get my hands on because dripping has become a PITA and this is the major underperformer so far. Thanks for your info and help!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds to me like your coils might be gunking up then. I would suggest you get some Golden Grain/Everclear or good quality vodka of you can't find PGA and try soaking them for a day and rinse with water. Let them dry for a day and see if they gain a new lease on life. BTW, if you try this, be forewarned the first few hits you take after the alcohol bath will be nasty, but it clears up in 3 or 4 hits.

onyx823401

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK I'll give the ever clear a shot and see what happens

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years