Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown -No flavor

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pushed a new Bike back to the dealer. I was not happy. My fault, he did tell me to go fill it with gas. :cool:
LOL that sucks......Hadn't had to do that but did have to sit by side of road for hd to come get my butt due to nail in rear.

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am very new to vaping and decided to get something other than my Kangertech starter kit. So I got the Uwell Crown tank after so many rave reviews about the flavor for Christmas. I prime the 0.25 coil (according to the instructions of a youtube video) and let it sit for a few hours. I slap the tank onto my rx200 mod, set it 30 watts, and I start to gradually up the wattage after taking a few short hits.

After the initial "new coil taste" I don't taste anything. I have it set to 85 watts atm, and the taste is almost non-existent. Changed juices and still nothing. I even tried different pg/vg ratio ones as well. Thinking it was "vapor tongue" I stopped vaping completely for an entire day (so very hard to do). The result was the same. Thinking I had defective coils, I bought a 4-pack of 0.25 coils and they seem to perform the same. I would test the juice on my old Kanger, but the tank is broken hence why I got the crown. Do you guys think this is a defective unit? Sorry for the long post, wanted to give all the relevant info.

TLDR: Primed the 0.25 coil, but getting no flavor. Tried switching juices and stopped vaping for a whole day to see if that helped. New pack of coils produce the same result.
I had a similar experience.. had to go through 5-8 tank refills before I could the flavor. But once you get it, its just awesome.

After two tanks on the .5 ohm SS coil in my new Crown V1 tank I was ready to smoke a cigarette. I carefully broke it in by gradually working up from 15W on my CoV Megavolt.

The vapor production was outstanding, but I couldn't get any flavor. Desperate, I cranked the wattage to 50 and began to taste my 80/20 juice. Now, at 50-60W I can finally taste something. It's not great, but it's OK. The Crown seems to require a ton of power, patience and juice.

The .15 ohm Ni200 coil gave more flavor within 3/4 of a tank, but it tasted metallic to me and produced so much thick, white vapor that my smoke detector threw a fit.

At this point, I'm disappointed with both. I've got a .25 SS soaking and a pack of 1.2 single coils arriving tomorrow.

Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After two tanks on the .5 ohm SS coil in my new Crown V1 tank I was ready to smoke a cigarette. I carefully broke it in by gradually working up from 15W on my CoV Megavolt.

The vapor production was outstanding, but I couldn't get any flavor. Desperate, I cranked the wattage to 50 and began to taste my 80/20 juice. Now, at 50-60W I can finally taste something. It's not great, but it's OK. The Crown seems to require a ton of power, patience and juice.

The .15 ohm Ni200 coil gave more flavor within 3/4 of a tank, but it tasted metallic to me and produced so much thick, white vapor that my smoke detector threw a fit.

At this point, I'm disappointed with both. I've got a .25 SS soaking and a pack of 1.2 single coils arriving tomorrow.

I use the Ni200 coils in my V1's at about 460-480F on TC devices (1 auto watts, 1 at 50w). I personally get better flavor and vapor production with the nickel coils. Maybe turn down the temp then work your way back up until it tastes better. The Crown V1 is a time tested workhorse that still works well with the right coil. Good luck, and welcome to VU.

Ni200 produced the most juice flavor of any so far at about 475f, but there was a bit of a metallic aftertaste and the vapor production was too intense for indoor use. The 1.2ohm coil broke in and tasted pretty good for one tank, now it seems to be pulling dry hits. Yay...

I've been vaping for a year-and-a-half now and I had the same problem with my Kanger sub box Mini on the beginning, not knowing much about vaping I figured the flavor that I was receiving was As Good As It Gets at least for the setup that I had. I asked around to see what the best setup was and kept on hearing the crown tank but after purchasing the rx200s mod with the crown tank, so i got it amd the flavor was still very muted a bit better but still very dull, it didn't taste burnt it didn't taste like cotton it tasted like flavorless vapor I couldn't even feel it in my lungs even though there was lots of vapor production for some reason even the vent holes when I would pull sounded and felt very rough insted of open quite and clear. I kept on telling myself well....I guess this is what vaping is? But it didn't make sense from all the YouTube videos I've seen on Ejuice and people talking about how delicious and juicy and flavorful The Taste is plus all the artwork that goes into these bottles not to mention how huge The Vaping scene is these days..... I knew something was missing, that I was doing something wrong. When I first started vaping I bought from a smoke shop not a vape shop, (first mistake)
So because of that I was given very very very little information on how to start vaping. And since day one it is been nothing but trial and error from anything you can think of tank, wattage, coils, priming, ect... as time went by I've learned a lot of my mistakes because at that time I was under the impression you throw in a coil and you just start vaping no wattage climb, no priming ect... lol (burnt hell)
But having a decent understanding on the whole vaping scene I will say it's still a Gamble when it comes to flavor with my crown tank 50% of the time I get a new coil and break it in that flavor is nowhere to be found in for the other 50% I get a new coil and the flavor is superb and just like you I tell people this and they have no idea what I'm talking about??? I do the same process with each coil i put in, and when it comes to breaking it in I start at 30 Watts and I go up by three digit increments instead of 5 I felt that work a lot better for me and as I'm climbing from 30 Watts. But I really do honestly believe it's because of the cotton and I've heard this from lots of people myself they packed that kind in so dense that sometimes I might not be putting enough in therefore giving me negative results as far as flavors concerned. I'm not somebody else likes to mess with coils and poke holes through I feel like it's b******* that you have to go through that extra work but let me tell you since I have been doing that I've been getting massive amounts of flavor with every coil!!!! which leads me to believe the problem you're having as was I is because the cotton is too dense and needs more juice in time to be saturated properly. And i will say to breaking in a coil plays a HUDGE!!!! factor....starting at low wattage, wattage climing, puff count ect...

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The crown is no RDA but for premade coils is one of the best for flavour ive found

I've seen a lot of good advice already on here so would say try closing airholes a bit might need to reduce wattage slightly when doing this so you don't burn the cotton, put pin holes in the cotton to help with wicking and swap flavours for a bit to reset the pallet often a menthol flavour helps with this if you don't mind that

VU Sponsors