Become a Patron!

Vanda help

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have been vaping for 6 years. Started on Johnson Creek Vanda... tried LOTS of different stuff but really just love my one juice. As everyone must know, they have gone out of business and so I'm getting into DIY. I'm totally prepared for the hard work but if anyone has a really good recipe for a Vanda clone (old or new Vanda) that would be really awesome. Even as a starting off point.
Thanks guys.

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What did it taste like? I might be able to give you a starting point.
It's supposed to be a vanilla custard... but it has insanely complex layers. hints of caramel... maybe a touch of Kahlua and/or coconut? But really really subtle. It tastes like Boston cream a bit. But every custard/vanilla etc... are too "warm" ... there's a cool clean taste to Vanda that nothing else has.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Well maybe this might be a start point:

3% Cap Vanilla custard V2
.5% FA custard
.5% FA Vienna cream
1% FA Catalan cream
.5% FA vanilla bourbon
.5% FA caramel
.5% FA coconut

I don't know if that'll give ya a match, so you may need to play around with some flavors to get a match. Sorry I'm not much more help, but I haven't Vaped vanda before. Welcome to VU :wave:

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Also maybe put a drop or two of koolada or FA polar blast per 15ml if ya want to cool it off some.

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also maybe put a drop or two of koolada or FA polar blast per 15ml if ya want to cool it off some.
Thanks!
I'll try all of this... hopefully someone out there has broken the Vanda code and has a perfect recipe
What flavor is koolada? Are these just effects at that low of concentration?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never heard of it. Try some custard recipes that look good to you. You will never get the exact thing unless they publish the formula. But you will probably find/make something even better.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Koolada adds a cooling effect, same as polar blast. It's like menthol without the mint. Koolada just has this bitter note at times. These percentages are just a starting point without being too much.

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone found that Kahlua or a coconut flavor can add a cooling effect?
Maybe it's the custard base that is either warm or cool? Thanks again guys!
I'm looking forward to starting this. Going to start ordering stuff this weekend and get going.
I got here from "New Amsterdam Vape" ...he seems like he knows what he's talking about. Any other trusted sources?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Has anyone found that Kahlua or a coconut flavor can add a cooling effect?
Maybe it's the custard base that is either warm or cool? Thanks again guys!
I'm looking forward to starting this. Going to start ordering stuff this weekend and get going.
I got here from "New Amsterdam Vape" ...he seems like he knows what he's talking about. Any other trusted sources?

Trusted sources for ordering vape stuff? Well for tech and gear I use fasttech for DIY I use bull city flavors and vaperstek. The cooling effect I have found only come from menthol, mints, polar blast, and koolada. You will most likely have to fool around with flavors you like. The Catalan cream is a nice caramel accented cream that I find boost other cream like notes. You might also want to try .5% meringue to make it a little creamier and smoother. I don't have a ton of knowledge in custards, I have only just recently been able to vape them without getting sick. As for trusted internet sources on vaping, this forum, some places over on ECF and next to no youtubers.

Last edited:

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a good source for gear. Thanks!
Mostly I was thinking people who know what they're doing making juice. And also sources for flavors. I loved Johnson Creek because their flavors were really clean tasting and they were really strict about who they got their stuff from. I quit smoking and want to make sure I'm not going back to crap that's going to damage me again ha ha...
Thanks for your help!
Been looking at Bull City all morning...
anyone know anything about Inawera flavors? Their "Shisha Vanilla" is recommended as having a "Vanda" like flavor.
It's a "concentrate" so for mixing will most app calculators take that into account?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
INW is typically good, their shisha strawberry is phenomenal in my mind. The shisha vanilla is decent to me. Their flavors are usually on par with FA in terms of strength. As for e liquid calculators, they all do that if you put in your percentages and shit, I use http://e-liquid-recipes.com

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never had Vanda, but if you are looking for a really good custard recipe here's one to try: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mama-js-game-over-custard-the-official-thread-by-wllmc.321945/ GOC has had permanent party status in one of my REO Grands for 2+ years now! All the flavors needed to mix this are at BCF in their Community Recipe Packs: https://www.bullcityflavors.com/game-over-custard-by-mama-js-discounted-full-recipe/

BTW all flavors are concentrates. They need to be mixed with pg and or vg and nic if you use it. With all the calculators you just input the flavors and the percentage of the flavor to use, how big of a bottle you want to make, pg/vg ratio and nic level. It will tell you how much of each to add to make the size you chose.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So I have been vaping for 6 years. Started on Johnson Creek Vanda... tried LOTS of different stuff but really just love my one juice. As everyone must know, they have gone out of business and so I'm getting into DIY. I'm totally prepared for the hard work but if anyone has a really good recipe for a Vanda clone (old or new Vanda) that would be really awesome. Even as a starting off point.
Thanks guys.
good luck lol I tried cloning Vanda for years. I loved it when I was a J.C. customer. guessing they use a proprietary ingredient that isnt really in our market or I would have figured it out by now. luckily I learned once I really got deep into DIY that we can all make juice that blows away J.C. at a fraction of the cost.. and as stated before Game Over is pretty awesome if I do say so myself ;)

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
good luck lol I tried cloning Vanda for years. I loved it when I was a J.C. customer. guessing they use a proprietary ingredient that isnt really in our market or I would have figured it out by now. luckily I learned once I really got deep into DIY that we can all make juice that blows away J.C. at a fraction of the cost.. and as stated before Game Over is pretty awesome if I do say so myself ;)

Thanks... I got the ingredients for Game Over in my cart. I'm going to try and make the best ADV I can and keep going. I'm going to miss Vanda (I'm a bit O.C. as I'm sure most people here can understand ha ha) ... I'm also not going to put myself back in the box of relying on someone else for something I enjoy so much. Time to make my own.

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any pointers on some of the tasting notes you found? A jumping off point for my own experimenting? Thanks!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks... I got the ingredients for Game Over in my cart. I'm going to try and make the best ADV I can and keep going. I'm going to miss Vanda (I'm a bit O.C. as I'm sure most people here can understand ha ha) ... I'm also not going to put myself back in the box of relying on someone else for something I enjoy so much. Time to make my own.
you will love DIY and we are all here to help! a whole new level of vape obsession is upon you lol Ive been doing DIY for close to 4 years and I couldn't imagine having to vape vendor juice again. there is a learning curve for sure but DIY has come a long way and lots of great mixers have shared recipes and tricks that have made it a lot easier for the new guys to be successful at a much faster pace. wish I had VU when I started lol.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Any pointers on some of the tasting notes you found? A jumping off point for my own experimenting? Thanks!
IM not sure i got a cooling taste from it but its been so long I dont really remember much about it but as soon as I seen Vanda I thought holy cow that was one of my favorites. I used to buy another one from them to cant remember the name, a Cavendish blend of some sort but they changed or discontinued that one to a long time ago. man now its going to drive me nuts until I remember the name lol

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IM not sure i got a cooling taste from it but its been so long I dont really remember much about it but as soon as I seen Vanda I thought holy cow that was one of my favorites. I used to buy another one from them to cant remember the name, a Cavendish blend of some sort but they changed or discontinued that one to a long time ago. man now its going to drive me nuts until I remember the name lol
I've been vaping a bunch of custom custards for the past few days and everytime I pick up my mod with Vanda still in it, it seems "cooler" ...or maybe not as eggy or buttery? That's the best I can describe it. It seems "clean" and the temperature doesn't seem as "warm" ... subtly crisp

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The "Tennessee Cured" and "Siverthorn" we're Cavendish like ...both got discontinued I think...
I left tobacco flavors almost immediately so I'm not totally familiar. Vanda was the first and nothing else even compared for me...

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The "Tennessee Cured" and "Siverthorn" we're Cavendish like ...both got discontinued I think...
I left tobacco flavors almost immediately so I'm not totally familiar. Vanda was the first and nothing else even compared for me...
yes!!! tennessee cured. you are a saint! I would have drove myself nuts trying to think of it :D

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks again everyone! I feel like I did when I first started vaping and there was all of a sudden a whole community out there helping me quit smoking and getting into this... I am really looking forward to this new chapter ha ha!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping a bunch of custom custards for the past few days and everytime I pick up my mod with Vanda still in it, it seems "cooler" ...or maybe not as eggy or buttery? That's the best I can describe it. It seems "clean" and the temperature doesn't seem as "warm" ... subtly crisp
Ill have to mess around with that. Ive made plenty of peppermint custard vapes. Im a total custard junkie. maybe just a small dab of some creme de menthe in a good custard recipe would help. not enough to taste the minty party just a dab to freshen it up and hide in the back

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
maybe pick up some inawaera custard and the original capella custard. capella is my favorite but the inawera is also good and very different the rest to me are kinda meh

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ill have to mess around with that. Ive made plenty of peppermint custard vapes. Im a total custard junkie. maybe just a small dab of some creme de menthe in a good custard recipe would help. not enough to taste the minty party just a dab to freshen it up and hide in the back
Ok, so that is going in the cart now too ha ha!
(I think I might even have a really old bottle of Tennessee Cured in a box somewhere... it was the second flavor I was using in an old cartomizer back in the day)

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
maybe pick up some inawaera custard and the original capella custard. capella is my favorite but the inawera is also good and very different the rest to me are kinda meh
Thanks man... really appreciate it. All those are in my cart now. Might have to get more VG than I originally thought...

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I got a good source for gear. Thanks!
Mostly I was thinking people who know what they're doing making juice. And also sources for flavors. I loved Johnson Creek because their flavors were really clean tasting and they were really strict about who they got their stuff from. I quit smoking and want to make sure I'm not going back to crap that's going to damage me again ha ha...
Thanks for your help!
Been looking at Bull City all morning...
anyone know anything about Inawera flavors? Their "Shisha Vanilla" is recommended as having a "Vanda" like flavor.
It's a "concentrate" so for mixing will most app calculators take that into account?

here is a link to a calculator a lot of us use http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create it has some pretty cool features to once you start messing with it and a large recipe database though the recipes are kinda hit and miss lol. VU is still hands down the best place to snag awesome recipes

here is a cheesy "how to" on the calculator also I made a few years back but its simple and straightforward. it you click the guide when you get there it opens it up full screen and makes it easier to read :)
https://www.flipsnack.com/Mamajsflavorshop/how-to-use-an-online-e-liquid-calculator.html

13flatblack

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome!
I've been looking through a lot of "caramels" and was wondering what your guys experience was with a less "smooth" and more "crunchy" caramel (or even burnt sugar) flavor would be. (if that's out there)

VU Sponsors