Become a Patron!

Vandy vape 80w regulated mod and drop dead rta ?

Have a pulse regulated 80w and drop dead rda. What should I keep the ohms to not kill battery quick? I have some tri core fused Clapton ni80 wire I can wrap my own coils from. Thanks

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That’s a pretty decent combination and my adv setup. I keep high ohms (~.5) single coil and vape between 40-55 watts. Battery lasts for whole day (3 breaks including lunch time). And I get good flavor and clouds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The resistance is not as critical as wire size, mass, and watts. In my opinion, coils with 28 or 30 ga dual cores and 38-40 ga wrap is a good single battery combination. The amount of time it takes to heat the coil plus how often and how long you vape is what kills your battery. That's just me though. ;)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohms are irrelevant to battery run time with a variable power mod. Only watt setting matters. The higher the watts, the faster the battery drains. Less coil mass means less power is required to get them hot.

So I would need to go with less wraps? Currently 6 wraps dual coil comes in at .22 ohms. And vapes at 60 to 70 watts depending on juice. This is on my dual battery mod.

VU Sponsors