Vandy Vape Perseus RDTA, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
5f9e8187e1bccf4d172bde777d07f64b.jpg

Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This tank was sent to me directly from Vandy Vape specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this tank a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Well this should be interesting. Looks like Vandy Vape slapped an Icon deck on an RDTA. Bottom airflow and beefy looking phillips head deck screws. What’s this? Three ultem drip tips. Nice!

What’s In The box:

* 1 Perseus RDTA
* 1 16mm Wide Drip Tip (Pre-Installed)
* 1 17.5mm Wide Drip Tip
* 1 14mm Wide Drip Tip
* 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
* 1 PEEK Block - Single Coil Adapter
* Different colored spare o'rings
* Spare deck screws
* Little blue phillips head screwdriver
1b6553a5e8e5e85d8e9bb0c367d31802.jpg

Love the fact that Vandy Vape included three ultem drip tips and a 510 adapter. Every tank company should take notice and follow suit. Good on you Vandyvape!

From Top To Bottom:

Ultem drip tips rock and I love the tall one they include with this tank. These are Goon style drip tips that are very comfortable. If you are not into the Goon style drip tips there is a 510 adapter so you can use all of your traditional 510 drip tips. There really is no top cap. Instead the top cap is integrated into the barrel and it does not separate from it.
5a80a115de7d3b46122060e19ae880b1.jpg

The top cap barrel has a notch system that allows you to lock the barrel down on the tank. The locking system is actually well done and needed on this tank because of the design of the deck and how open it is compared to other RDTA’s. On the base of the barrel there is a big o'ring that seals everything off nicely. The interior has a conical design that is always conducive to great flavor. On the exterior you have dual airflow. This is a bottom airflow tank with adjustable AFC.
c1f04d841b76fed7433dd33b1e521cbc.jpg

The notch system can be a pain in the neck because you really have to line everything up in order for it to lock down. When I first got the tank this proved to be frustrating but eventually I got the hang of it. Simply line up the airflow hole while wide open with the lock symbol on the side of the tank. Push down and turn clockwise. You'll feel it lock down. Then you can adjust your airflow and vape. It’s a little tricky in the beginning but you get the hang of it quickly.

The base is flat and the whole deck including the platform and the 510 pin screw into the base.You do not need to remove the 510 pin in order to disassemble this tank. The 510 pin is removable and adjustable. The 510 pin like all Vandy Vape products has a peek insulator. This makes this tank hybrid safe. On the base there are serial numbers and some branding.
c1a93591ea1737da94ce7f9b82137fb8.jpg
e9a3216ee3c80eca34402ec0073f3479.jpg

The Deck:

This is basically an Icon deck in RDTA form. It is a stepped down four post deck. It has beefy phillips head screws and the deck itself is wide open. By wide open I mean there is no sealing around the edges when the barrel is off. That alone makes this deck extremely easy to build and wick. The fill port is basically at the ends of each side of the deck. Not to crazy about it because you do need to use a needle nose or dropper type bottle in order to fill this tank. Forget about using a bull nose tip because it will get messy.

The deck is gold plated and it has bottom airflow. The airflow on the deck is shaped like a big L. Place your coil right above the airflow hole and the airflow makes a 90 degree turn and comes up right below your coil.
9b930b35815fa28e0bbef4a98632537c.jpg
2475dfe49b198ef97f5601b573986806.jpg

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Building And Wicking:

If you own an icon you will know just how to build on this deck. Pretty easy and straightforward. You can use two post holes or all four, its up to you. There is also a peek single coil block that allows the vaper to use this RDTA as a single coil. Personally I’m not a fan of that. If I’m going to run a single coil I will use a tank made specifically for that, but that's just me.

Once you figure out how many post holes you want to use, mount your coils and wick her up. Wicking is very easy because the whole deck is wide open. I do wet my cotton a bit to make placing it easier and neater but it's not a necessity. I cut my wicks so they hang just below the top rop of the platform under the deck. Then I wet them up and kind of mold them into place.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

Look, most of you that follow me know that I’m not really an RDTA guy. I honestly don’t know what all the hype was about. I keep hearing these stories of flavor for days and I have to say I just don’t get it. That being said, the Perseus is definitely one of the better RDTA’s especially when it comes to flavor. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the conical design and the bottom airflow. The Perseus is no slouch in the cloud departement as well. It can easily cloud a room up in no time.

Right now I’m running dual kanthal clapton's ohming out at .16 at 80 watts on the Coolfire 150. I get pretty good flavor and massive clouds. She can definitely chuck with the best of them and the flavor in my opinion edges out most RDTA’s on the market today. Believe me, I own most of them. The coils wick just fine and the Perseus does a great job keeping up while chain vaping. Airflow is very smooth with no whistling but it's not quite as airy as most RDTA’s on the market. I am sure that the slightly restricted airflow contributes greatly to the better flavor when compared to the rest of its genre.

Conclusion:

If you are an RDTA fan in general than the Perseus is worth a solid look. It’s a well built and thought out RDTA. Flavor is better than most RDTA’s I have tried and the clouds are there for sure. One thing is for certain, so far it’s very hard to go wrong with any of the Vandy Vape products. I have everything they ever made and I have yet to be disappointed. DeucesJack approved? Yeah, if you are an RDTA vaper than you would be hard pressed to find a better all around performer in this sub category.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum.

Pros and Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

- Pros:

* Well built
* Easy to build
* Easy to wick
* Great deck
* Bottom airflow
* Single coil option
* 3 Ultem drip tips
* 510 adapter
* Gold plated deck
* Gold plated 510
* Big beefy deck screws
* Flavor
* Clouds

- Cons:

* Barrel and top cap are one piece
* Locking system takes getting used to
* Fill port does not accommodate all types of bottles

Specs:

* Dimensions: 1-7/8"x 15/16" (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
* 24mm Diameter
* Gold Plated 510 Contact Pin
* 4ml e-Liquid Capacity
* Split Dual Post Design with Four Post Holes For Easy Coil Builds
* Unique Elevated Middle Post Holes for Vertical Coils
* Compatible with Single and Dual Coil Builds
* PEEK Block Adapter for Single Coil Builds
* Top Cap Locking System for Easy Refills
* Dual Slot Bottom Airflow Design for * Increased Vapor Production
* Bottom and Side Airflow
* Adjustable Airflow Cap
* (3) Different Wide Bore Delrin Drip Tips Included
* 510 Drip Tip Compatible

The Tank On Different Mods:

On The Lost Vape Therion:
34c96956208e2cd18d17128b9222477e.jpg

On The Lost Vape Triade
95dec51de322941f37474a0ed0761cfe.jpg

On The Smok G150:
5200609ab993a77aa73315ce2210c910.jpg

On The Smok G Priv:
18c4f32afb6afe6db0c4e4d424f23c20.jpg

On The Sx Mini G Class:
6830031555e230cd0183469bb40d0a71.jpg

On The Ijoy Captain:
d591f4944579330285238ff704e8c85e.jpg

On The Innokin Coolfire 150:
a1aff71bf878f3da470bfad2172116b1.jpg

On The Asmodus Boost:
cdc6fe81d258e8affe9152ed4040febe.jpg

On The Vaporesso Nebula:
e553b29c6fc00b8b91cf08524437efcc.jpg

For more information about the Vandyvape Perseus please go to:
http://www.vandyvape.com/detail/Atomizer/29

Last edited:

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great review Deuces! I've yet to understand the rdta thing myself, they're just not for me. Sorry for going off subject but I wanted to get your opinion on your g150 and coolfire ultra. How are you liking them, which do you like best?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great review Deuces! I've yet to understand the rdta thing myself, they're just not for me. Sorry for going off subject but I wanted to get your opinion on your g150 and coolfire ultra. How are you liking them, which do you like best?
Thx Ken, G150 review is up.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/331502/

Won't be doing the Coolfire 150 review here but when its done I'll get you a link.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok cool thanks. I have multiple quality mods, just been considering getting the g150 or coolfire ultra for work. I was using the alien for work but it quit, then started using my battlestar til the screen went out. I use my kroma at work when 75w is enough, I've had better reliability from innokin than I have smok but I like the g150 size and like how easy it is to lock/unlock smok mods

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok cool thanks. I have multiple quality mods, just been considering getting the g150 or coolfire ultra for work. I was using the alien for work but it quit, then started using my battlestar til the screen went out. I use my kroma at work when 75w is enough, I've had better reliability from innokin than I have smok but I like the g150 size and like how easy it is to lock/unlock smok mods
Have you looked at Asmodus mods? I've been super impressed with their quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you looked at Asmodus mods? I've been super impressed with their quality.

Yessir I love their mods just don't really wanna take one of those to work. Whatever I take to work is gonna get beat up and eventually quit working so I'd rather it be an under $50 mod instead one of my good ones lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yessir I love their mods just don't really wanna take one of those to work. Whatever I take to work is gonna get beat up and eventually quit working so I'd rather it be an under $50 mod instead one of my good ones lol
Get a FSK Hohm Wrecker G2 if you can find one. They're bullet proof and built like a brick shit house. Or an IPV5 is pretty durable as well. Get the SS so you won't really see the scratches.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol yea I have a couple g2`s, I love`em. Don't really wanna mess them up tho since they're getting obsolete. I baby my g2`s more than my expensive mods lol. But that aside,they're just too big to be practical for me at work. I'm a conductor on the railroad so it's very physical, a lot of climbing and getting on and off moving railcars. Tired of only getting 2mo of use out of a mod, I need something durable, small with an easy lock feature, and atleast 120w...decisions

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get a FSK Hohm Wrecker G2 if you can find one. They're bullet proof and built like a brick shit house. Or an IPV5 is pretty durable as well. Get the SS so you won't really see the scratches.

Cool, I'll check out the ipv5 I guess. I've never had one of the ipv devices, thanks for the suggestion! My apologies for the hijack

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Well I went to purchase an ijoy exo a min ago and the same place has the ipv5 tc on sale today for $29, is that a good deal for those? I just don't know enough about them other than the chip they run

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I keep forgetting bout the vesta. I've just never gave pioneer4u a shot for some reason. You liking that coolfire ultra so far? I see they still have the infamous innokin gap lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I watched your review back when ya posted it. Great review and the device looks pretty solid
It is. Paint is not bad but it is starting to chip. I am rough on my mods though.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok im jacked up on cold meds so i may have missed it
HOW DO YOU FILL IT
can you compare flavor to the limitless plus

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ok im jacked up on cold meds so i may have missed it
HOW DO YOU FILL IT
can you compare flavor to the limitless plus

It's kind of weird. You fill it on the side of the posts. It's open around the base. you need a dropper or needle nose to fill.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice review Deuces that looks to be a good one! 3 ultem drip tips is amazing. I've got to where I really love ultem and resin tips. They just look and feel like better quality. I don't know how you can keep up with all you do man but I guess when you're good you're good ✌

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice review Deuces that looks to be a good one! 3 ultem drip tips is amazing. I've got to where I really love ultem and resin tips. They just look and feel like better quality. I don't know how you can keep up with all you do man but I guess when you're good you're good
Lol, thx man. This week was rough. Basically did a review a day, and I'm not even caught up yet. Yeah man Ultem is where its at. Vandy Vape has yet to disappoint me.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, thx man. This week was rough. Basically did a review a day, and I'm not even caught up yet. Yeah man Ultem is where its at. Vandy Vape has yet to disappoint me.

Holy cow a review per day is a lot of work. Wait...a good review per day is a lot of work! Lol i bet you've vaped a gallon of juice doing it too

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Holy cow a review per day is a lot of work. Wait...a good review per day is a lot of work! Lol i bet you've vaped a gallon of juice doing it too
Tbh not really. What it has affected is my ability to use the mods and tanks I truly enjoy. I've been getting so much stuff lately that I have to work it all into my daily rotation. This leaves no room for the tried and true stuff that I consider my staples. Then there's always the problem of finding a new staple mod or tank and working into the rotation. Lol, it never ends. I'm not complaining though. I really enjoy doing the reviews. It's a labor of love.

VU Sponsors