Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've been looking around at drippers. This one looks pretty good for dual/single coil squonk or drip.
I noticed in the RDA video @ 8:00 how high above the post the coil is, and again at 14:00 to see it how much juice it would hold as a dripper. A lot, with juice not traveling very far to get to coil. I like how it squonks too.
Is it for me? I don't know yet.

The mod isn't for me but I can see why some might like it.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno, the first one was a PITA to get apart even after taking an o ring off each section. I didn't like the coil on stilts much either. Eventually got tired of jacking with it and sent it off to fleabay. A bit airy but vaped fairly well.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno, the first one was a PITA to get apart even after taking an o ring off each section. I didn't like the coil on stilts much either. Eventually got tired of jacking with it and sent it off to fleabay. A bit airy but vaped fairly well.
DJLSB vapes recommended to remove one of the o-rings because he did on his reviewer prototype after wrestling with it with 2. I just got mine today and yes, though I thought the o-rings on the base were going to pull the 510 connector out of my ohm reader the first time I pulled the barrel off, removing the top one of the pair makes it perfect. Seals up fine, it will easily hold the weight of the mod and comes off easily too.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to mention that it is a flat down incredible RDA. I'm using the honeycomb insert with the pair of Ni80 fused claptons that comes with the kit and the thing is off the charts with the vapor quality.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one thing I had reservations about before I bought it was the way it squonks from the top of the block in the middle. However, it is actually fabulous because the juice comes up under the build and doesn't try to shower it from the top like on the Dot 24mm RDA, which I've gotten used to and can make it work, but is still not the way I wish they had done it.

This is the only one of the Pulse attys I've had, but this one is brain dead easy to build on. A chimpanzee could probably do it.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
juice comes up under the build

Just going to ask for some feedback. I really liked mine as a dripper, not so much to squonk because I like the juice to hit the bottom of the coil like the recurve does, I did see there this one does as well.
Looks like the airflow would be better, I thought the original was airy with 2 of 4 holes closed.
Have you tried a single coil yet?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just going to ask for some feedback. I really liked mine as a dripper, not so much to squonk because I like the juice to hit the bottom of the coil like the recurve does, I did see there this one does as well.
Looks like the airflow would be better, I thought the original was airy with 2 of 4 holes closed.
Have you tried a single coil yet?
I just got it today and I'm a dual coil guy for the most part. Yes, it does squonk from under the coils, but you can flood this thing, as in envelope the coils in liquid and the cotton is wet, but the excess flows down into the well very very efficiently because of the channel design on the center block. AND the ball bearing valve in the block closes off the top, but there are bottom holes in the block that keep it from EVER staying actually flooded because the bottle then sucks the excess back in through those bottom holes. But the holes are raised up on the block a couple mm so as to leave some juice in the well to feed the wicks from the bottom too. Pretty close to a perfect sqounk every time.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know how helpful this will be, but here is the build I have in there now. I spaced the coils which made them a hair wider than the posts, but no biggie. You would have to be extraordinarily enthusiastic with your squonk finger and probably even then have to tip it on it's side to make it leak too.
20181224_193834_cr.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the original was airy with 2 of 4 holes closed.
Oh oops, I missed this part. I've only used the honeycomb dual insert so far, but it is slightly restricted wide open. VERY slightly, but noticeable. The single coil insert is exactly the same except the airflow tubes extend to the middle further to be closer to the coil and make it a true single coil vape instead of a dual with a single in the middle.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I might get it as a dripper because it looks to hold a lot of juice and AF looks good [except when you start closing it, it cuts it off from one end of the coil and maybe I'm overthinking that]. I bet you can drip it up over the posts a little with the coil(s) mounted up like they do. As a squonker it'll be hard to pull me away from C4.

Saw another review I hadn't seen. Vaping w/ Vic. He built it in dual and said it's the best of all the Pulses and the flavor is astounding and might make his top 3 for dual coilers of the year. He also says TVC is working on a dual battery Topside squonk mod.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might get it as a dripper because it looks to hold a lot of juice and AF looks good [except when you start closing it, it cuts it off from one end of the coil and maybe I'm overthinking that]. I bet you can drip it up over the posts a little with the coil(s) mounted up like they do. As a squonker it'll be hard to pull me away from C4.

Saw another review I hadn't seen. Vaping w/ Vic. He built it in dual and said it's the best of all the Pulses and the flavor is astounding and might make his top 3 for dual coilers of the year. He also says TVC is working on a dual battery Topside squonk mod.
Yeah, I saw his review.

I think he overstated the case for the monopoly that the topside dual will have though. It will be significantly more expensive for one thing. He also said, if I remember correctly that squonking is on the way out. A thing I don't see at all if this forum is any indication. In fact it's the opposite.

Don't get me wrong. I like Vic and his reviews are quite helpful. He certainly hit the nail on the head with this RDA. AND with the Lotus RTA too btw.

I just don't think he's reading the community that accurately in this case. Maybe I'm dead wrong. I'm just judging by what I see here and at Reddit.

I wouldn't blame you for being a bit skeptical of my opinion after the debacle with the VK530 though. It WAS an honest, and to be fair to myself, understandable mistake. I just should have gone that last step and actually tried all the functions before speaking up instead of assuming that since the firmware made them accessible it also made them usable. I still feel bad about that.

VU Sponsors