Become a Patron!

Vandy Vapes Icon thoughts of a novice vaper

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Received my Icon today. I LOVE this RDA. So far it's perfect for me. I've got a dual coil build of alien claptons I picked up from a local vape shop at .18 ohms on a Smok T-Priv. Not going to with any cloud contests but the vapor production is really nice and the flavor is outstanding. Juices that tested mediocre on other RDS'a and tanks taste so different with this one. This build deck is super easy to build on. The only leaks I've had so far have been user error from over dripping.

I don't have a lot of RDA experience. I went through a few and don't even remember which ones but settled on the Tsunami 24 and have been vaping it for a while and really enjoyed it except it was easy to over drip. I'm enjoying this new Icon so much that the Tsunami may very well be relegated to back up status.

Also have a Innokin iRoar Eurus RDA on the way because one cannot have too many toys and for $15 why the hell not? Does any one have any experience with the Innokin?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Received my Icon today. I LOVE this RDA. So far it's perfect for me. I've got a dual coil build of alien claptons I picked up from a local vape shop at .18 ohms on a Smok T-Priv. Not going to with any cloud contests but the vapor production is really nice and the flavor is outstanding. Juices that tested mediocre on other RDS'a and tanks taste so different with this one. This build deck is super easy to build on. The only leaks I've had so far have been user error from over dripping.

I don't have a lot of RDA experience. I went through a few and don't even remember which ones but settled on the Tsunami 24 and have been vaping it for a while and really enjoyed it except it was easy to over drip. I'm enjoying this new Icon so much that the Tsunami may very well be relegated to back up status.

Also have a Innokin iRoar Eurus RDA on the way because one cannot have too many toys and for $15 why the hell not? Does any one have any experience with the Innokin?

Glad you found an RDA you really enjoy especially so early on! awesome when you do :) i found it to be a clouds first RDA for me ...Liked the build quality of it nice snappy click when closing it

Unfortunately I haven't tried that innokin one so can comment

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully it keeps working for you. Be careful to pay attention to these areas here when changing wicks and stuff and see if any hairline cracks develop. May not affect all of them but some people have had their posts crack and split open right at the angle between the two post holes.

5Zaj9ixvQSqMkGW2v29ObQ.png

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully it keeps working for you. Be careful to pay attention to these areas here when changing wicks and stuff and see if any hairline cracks develop. May not affect all of them but some people have had their posts crack and split open right at the angle between the two post holes.

5Zaj9ixvQSqMkGW2v29ObQ.png

Thanks for the info. I'll watch for it. So far so good but I'm still on first coils and wicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info. I'll watch for it. So far so good but I'm still on first coils and wicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea it may be fine, maybe just some affected. If you start getting odd readings on resistance or anything might be somewhere to just double check.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I have the Eurus. I like it. It's a little difficult for me to build on because of the straight deck, but it's got decent flavor and will chuck some fair clouds.

It's designed for bigger builds - big fused claptons, aliens, etc but a pair of simple wire coils 10-12 wraps will work pretty good in it. The coils I just took out of it are 12 wraps, 24g, Ka1 that measured .56 for the pair on my G2. I got good vapor and really decent flavor but a lot of heat. The ramp time on that 24g is atrocious. I plan to get some 26g ss316 next payday and try that until I can pick up some more aliens for it.

Has anyone had any overheating problems? What wattage are you running? Mine keeps catching fire no matter how much i work the coils, the thing just heats fast and catches fire. I'm use to a 30mm rda so maybe I'm just not good but it heats up alot and makes my mod hot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone had any overheating problems? What wattage are you running? Mine keeps catching fire no matter how much i work the coils, the thing just heats fast and catches fire. I'm use to a 30mm rda so maybe I'm just not good but it heats up alot and makes my mod hot

Are you referring t the Icon or Eurus?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The icon. I finally got a build that doesn't catch fire, but it sucks my batter life like crazy compared to my 30mm.

I'd be interested in seeing pics. I experienced no issues other than having trouble getting the top cap off. Needs knurling or texture of some kind.

Yes. Literally catching fire. So I figured I was doing too small and hot of a build. Now I used some clapton wire and it's working well. But it does get pretty hot after a few vapes. So yeah I think I'm just use to a big 30mm.

VU Sponsors