Become a Patron!

Vanilla comparisons and short flavor notes.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have compiled a list of vanillas, not all vanillas, and not all ARE vanillas, but a fair amount and compared them to each other. Used at the most commonly mixed ratio on elr.

Cap Vanilla Cupcake v2 -
throat hit 2
flavor 8
accuracy 9
boldness 3

Fluffy sweet cakelike vanilla like the frosted top of a vanilla cupcake. smooth and mellow, perfect for light berries, melons, bakery, fizzy drinks, sweet tobaccos, nuts.
Sweeter than fa bourbon.

Tfa vanilla bourbon -
Throat hit 2
flavor 7
accuracy 8
boldness 5

slightly sweet but not sweetened, cool mild vanilla flavor. higher percentage than elr is recommended. full rounded flavor
decent as a stand alone, Would be perfect for pairing with tobaccos, drinks and berries creams and custards. Not light fruits. slight wax taste.

TFA Vanilla Gelato -
Throat hit 1
Flavor 8
Accuracy 7
Boldness 4

VBIC only lighter. Sweet vanilla, sweeter than can cupcake but not the same. Creamier, pillowy, not as thick as ice cream,
can be used same as vbic but for lighter flavors. Higher percentage for stronger flavors. Not worried about using too much.

FA Vanilla Tahiti -
throat hit 1
flavor 8
accuracy 7
boldness 2

light, slightly sweet milky vanilla like in a fruity cocktail. close to actual vanilla Tahiti, Would be good with light fruits, drinks, cereals, dairy vapes.
Most flavors will mute this vanilla. Less sweet than gelato and less dense than vanilla bourbon. might make a nice white Russian.

Fa Madagascar -
throat hit 2
flavor 8
accuracy 8
boldness 4

Thick vanilla, bold with very slightest notes of cinnamon but still rolls cool off of the tongue. Best for custards, dairy flavors, cookies,
cinnamon cereals. middle range strength, versatile. heavier than gelato but slightly less sweet. More of a ingredient.

TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
throat hit 4
flavor 9
accuracy 7
boldness 6

Very popular vanilla ice cream flavor. Not exactly a vanilla but hints of vanilla, cream, very sweet slight hints of pepper to some people. Good for ice cream, custard, heavy fruit vapes, bakery, heavy vapes.

TFA Vanillin
throat hit 2
flavor 6
accuracy 9
boldness 3

Straight vanilla flavor. Not strong, slightly creamy and works best as a enhancer. Very creamy Do not use over 1.5% in a recipe if you just want a sweetened
effect, anything after that will taste like vanilla.

Cap French Vanilla
throat hit 6
flavor 9
accuracy 9
boldness 8

Most potent of the bunch. Thick eggy vanilla bean flavoring overpowering all other custards. closest accuracy, best flavor of other vanillas. Heavy enough that recipes can
be built around this vanilla, will work with almost anything. avoid light fruits, i.e Fuji, peach, pear, etc.

FLV Vanilla Custard
throat hit 4
flavor 7
accuracy 7
boldness 4

Lite and sweet vanilla, hints of dairy and custard. Not a real vanilla custard, but I good additive to sweetening cream bases. Not terribly impressed with flavor but it is versatile.
Works with almost everything.

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have compiled a list of vanillas, not all vanillas, and not all ARE vanillas, but a fair amount and compared them to each other. Used at the most commonly mixed ratio on elr.

Cap Vanilla Cupcake v2 -
throat hit 2
flavor 8
accuracy 9
boldness 3

Fluffy sweet cakelike vanilla like the frosted top of a vanilla cupcake. smooth and mellow, perfect for light berries, melons, bakery, fizzy drinks, sweet tobaccos, nuts.
Sweeter than fa bourbon.

fa vanilla bourbon -
Throat hit 2
flavor 7
accuracy 8
boldness 5

slightly sweet but not sweetened, cool mild vanilla flavor. higher percentage than elr is recommended. full rounded flavor
decent as a stand alone, Would be perfect for pairing with tobaccos, drinks and berries creams and custards. Not light fruits. slight wax taste.

TFA Vanilla Gelato -
Throat hit 1
Flavor 8
Accuracy 7
Boldness 4

VBIC only lighter. Sweet vanilla, sweeter than can cupcake but not the same. Creamier, pillowy, not as thick as ice cream,
can be used same as vbic but for lighter flavors. Higher percentage for stronger flavors. Not worried about using too much.

FA Vanilla Tahiti -
throat hit 1
flavor 8
accuracy 7
boldness 2

light, slightly sweet milky vanilla like in a fruity cocktail. close to actual vanilla Tahiti, Would be good with light fruits, drinks, cereals, dairy vapes.
Most flavors will mute this vanilla. Less sweet than gelato and less dense than vanilla bourbon. might make a nice white Russian.

Fa Madagascar -
throat hit 2
flavor 8
accuracy 8
boldness 4

Thick vanilla, bold with very slightest notes of cinnamon but still rolls cool off of the tongue. Best for custards, dairy flavors, cookies,
cinnamon cereals. middle range strength, versatile. heavier than gelato but slightly less sweet. More of a ingredient.

TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
throat hit 4
flavor 9
accuracy 7
boldness 6

Very popular vanilla ice cream flavor. Not exactly a vanilla but hints of vanilla, cream, very sweet slight hints of pepper to some people. Good for ice cream, custard, heavy fruit vapes, bakery, heavy vapes.

TFA Vanillin
throat hit 2
flavor 6
accuracy 9
boldness 3

Straight vanilla flavor. Not strong, slightly creamy and works best as a enhancer. Very creamy Do not use over 1.5% in a recipe if you just want a sweetened
effect, anything after that will taste like vanilla.

Cap French Vanilla
throat hit 6
flavor 9
accuracy 9
boldness 8

Most potent of the bunch. Thick eggy vanilla bean flavoring overpowering all other custards. closest accuracy, best flavor of other vanillas. Heavy enough that recipes can
be built around this vanilla, will work with almost anything. avoid light fruits, i.e Fuji, peach, pear, etc.

FLV Vanilla Custard
throat hit 4
flavor 7
accuracy 7
boldness 4

Lite and sweet vanilla, hints of dairy and custard. Not a real vanilla custard, but I good additive to sweetening cream bases. Not terribly impressed with flavor but it is versatile.
Works with almost everything.
Thanks a lot for your time and efforts:thanks:.
By any chance when you try please add in your comparison
CAP Simply Vanilla
TFA Vanilla Swirl
Inawera Shisha Vanilla

Thanks again

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Another Vanilla not on the list (and one I use a lot) is:
TFA Vanilla Bourbon
Gotcha, I accidently put fa instead of TFA. Fixed now.

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts:thanks:.
By any chance when you try please add in your comparison
CAP Simply Vanilla
TFA Vanilla Swirl
Inawera Shisha Vanilla

Thanks again
For some reason I forgot to write down shisha vanilla on this list. Also forgot to add vanilla swirl to the batch because I have mine in 2oz bottles and not with the smaller ones.

Don't have CAP simply vanilla, I'll order it up. Thanks!

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotcha, I accidently put fa instead of TFA. Fixed now.

For some reason I forgot to write down shisha vanilla on this list. Also forgot to add vanilla swirl to the batch because I have mine in 2oz bottles and not with the smaller ones.

Don't have CAP simply vanilla, I'll order it up. Thanks!
If you like I can send you some please pm me so that you can test that it's great

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors