Become a Patron!

Vape has weird taste after sweater incident

Hi,

I apologize for my idiocy but I'm having a problem with my month old vape, up until two days ago, it had a fine taste, it was all good... however I left it in my car and since I didn't want it to get too hot and get damaged somehow I threw a sweater on top of it and left it there for like three hours, when I got home that day and started vaping it had a horrible taste... kinda metallic but not actually metal for some reason I smelled my sweater and it was the same smell as the vapes taste...

Today, I tried to clean the tank, took it all apart washed it then put it back together and put the same juice in, tasted it, horrible... then I washed it again same procedure this time I put some new juice, tasted it, still horrible... the only thing I thought was that maybe it was the coil, so I cleaned it again, same procedure, this time I changed the coil and put new juice, IT STILL HAS THE SAME BITTER, HORRIBLE TASTE!!!

Please if anyone has any idea what I could do, because right now I'm kinda freaking, cuz I need a fix but the taste is overwhelming.

P.s can you was the coil in water?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome Mow, Washing the coil in water may ruin it, I wonder if its the juice itself, have you tried a different juice in the tank? I am sure the sweater had nothing to do with the issues you are having, being in a hot car will oxidize the juice to turn darker, but you said you cleaned the tank and put in a fresh coil, and put fresh juice in and still get the bad taste.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok
My best guess is
1. there was something hon your sweater that is now on your DT or mouthpiece
or
2. the heat messed up your juice

Eiher way a proper cleaning and fresh juice should fix it

SO dump the juice in the tank
dont try and reuse it.
FULLY Dissasemble your tank
wash every piece in warm water. use q tips and papertowls. clean the inside of the glass, inside the chimney, the mouthpiece, the orings (careful not to loose them) clean every thing

let dry.

The easiest thing is a new coil. Yes you can wash a coil, ive even heard of boiling coils and putting them in ultrasonic cleaners
BUt you may not get everything out of a factory coil's cotton. And unless you have experience rebuilding factory coils....A new coil is easiest

Next wiped down your mod.witha clean cloth/towel. I know this sounds odd. but our tastes are tied to smell. If there is something making the mod smell slightly, it can effect your taste buds

Now with all parts of your tank dry reassemble.
Put in fresh juice that WAS NOT LEFT IN THE CAR
Juice changes with temperature. some juices - well most imho- taste horrible if heated too high for too long. Chemicals break down and so forth

next
wash that sweater - sounds like it smells bad

doing all this should fix your issue

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Washing the coil in water may ruin it

Do huh? Wha? * doing the Shaggy head shake *

I always washed mine in water, or used to. Then, I started using the booze method. I let the coil heads soak in booze about a week, rinse and wash in warm water. People also suggested boiling out coils in a pan of water on the stove. There is also dry burning which i hesitate to mention for not knowing the OP's state of experience in vaping. I would rinse with water, dry burn a few pulses, viola voila I had nearly fresh coils. (Oh yeah, it was cheap booze so as to not offend by wasting good booze. ;) )

What this sounds like is someone got hold of some nasty super cheap juice which has tainted the gear. They may need to replace / swap out all the o-rings as well as doing a cleaning. Some rubbers / silicone at times can hold a 'taint' of flavor. I would try that before surrendering the gear to get new gear as replacement. Another possibility is the nicotine level is too strong. I have noticed a big difference gradually dropping my own nicotine level from 18mg to 12mg per ml. The 12mg now seems a lot more hm, potent might be how I could say it.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BUt you may not get everything out of a factory coil's cotton. And unless you have experience rebuilding factory coils....A new coil is easiest

*nodding * Yeah, for me rebuilding factory or stock coils was a huge pain the rump. It can be done sure. Would I like to take an hour or two to do it, versus a minute or two to swap out for a new coil? Hm, have to think on that ... *chuckles*:)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL I wish i knew too, now come to thunk on it. :) Knew I probably did misspell that. Think it is probably better spelled voila . Apologies for the spelling error. :)

At least it's a little closer than the plain-stupid "wallah" I see sometimes! :giggle:

Andria

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was under the impression he was using replaceable/disposable coils
tahst what we are talking about. disposable premade coils....many people clean them with water,alcohol,ultrasonic, boiling.

one other thing to note. juice left in the car, when it get shot it can cause the nicotine to oxidize which makes juice taste like crap

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tahst what we are talking about. disposable premade coils....many people clean them with water,alcohol,ultrasonic, boiling.

one other thing to note. juice left in the car, when it get shot it can cause the nicotine to oxidize which makes juice taste like crap
I tried a to wash few, never had luck with them working after that, and I posted about the juice left in the car and how it turns dark in heat, from oxidizing:) Sorry I posted:wave:

VU Sponsors