Become a Patron!

Vape Haven - Bowling Alleys?!?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I decided to take the wife and kid bowling the other night. Knowing our "local" SD alley, Kearny Mesa Bowl, is always crowded on weekends, we headed up to Mira Mesa Bowl at the north end of the city.

On the way in I took a couple pulls off my Nemesis, set the safety lock and slid my RBA airflow closed, and tossed my mod and juice bottle in my bag. In the past I've carried an Ego 350 battery and Evod tank for stealth mode, but for whatever reason I didn't think to grab this setup on the way out the door. Oh well.

Got a lane rented, went to set up, and was tying my shoes when a couple Asian guys sit down next to us at the shared seating area for the next lane. One takes a big rip off of some mech or another and clouds the joint up.

Wait, what? I'm intrigued...

"Hey man, you can get away with that in here?"

"Yeah bro, a lot of the staff that work here vape and are cool with it. Parkway (another alley out in the eastern suburbs I used to visit a lot before we moved to the city) is cool with it too."

"No way. That's fuckin' rad!"

I pull out my Nemmy, wife grabs her Caravela, and we proceed to have a great night, completely unmolested. I take a look around and the place is a virtual vape meet - I shit you not when I say 2/3 of the 50something lanes have a mod and juice bottle sitting next to the soda and beer cups on the little tables by the seats. I see lots of vape-related apparel, and the guy I'm chatting with's bowling partner has even set his scoring machine nickname to "Fasttech."

Way better than when I used to smoke and there was this little glass box of a room about 3' wide and 20' long where all the smokers at Parkway had to hang out so they didn't miss a turn to roll.

So apparently every night at the local bowling alleys is an impromptu vape meet. Let's just say my ball and shoes won't be collecting as much dust as they have the last few years...

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of all the places, I never would've thought of a bowling alley. Sounds like a great score for you.

VU Sponsors