Become a Patron!

Vape3D Battery sled issues

darkoe671

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently purchased a battery sled from Vape3D and I have to say... i'm not that happy about their product and customer service. The sled I ordered was the 26650SL which holds two 26650 batteries and you can get it in either parallel (which I ordered) or series. The site stated that the sleds were made up of ABS plastic which should be durable, something I needed because of the weight that the 26650 batts. The box I used was a Hammond 1590B and accepted the sled perfectly. I wired up the box, glued the sled down, and dropped in the batteries. Everything was perfect until I removed the batteries to charge them, thats when I noticed a huge crack on the bottom of the sled which ran the entire width of the sled (the section where the negative contacts are.) I was slightly disappointed but because the sled was still working, I didn't worry much about it. That was until I ordered another sled from them, the 26650XL which was suppose to be a bit larger to accept the 26650 4200Mah version batteries. Right after the completion of the box, I saw the same stress crack but on the positive side. At this point i'm pissed, so I shoot an email to the company asking about the issue and if theres anything they can do about it. I waited 5 days for a response and didn't receive anything. I figured my email didn't get through so I sent another and I still haven't received a response from them.

Does anyone here have these sleds or experienced any of these problems? Thank you in advance!image1.JPG

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah when he first starting printing I tried some of his sleds. After 5 weeks I finally got them. They were terrible. Mis formed print lines on some of them, and almost cracked before a contact was even installed. There was no way I could use them for a box to sell to customers. I ended up throwing them away. I went to Snortin Boar sleds, which are way stronger but are made with pla instead of abs. Last week I got some of the new keystone dual 26650's and they are so strong and will not have issues with heat. Here is a pic of the new keystone 26650's in a PWM, Hammond B box im working on.

Orange pwm.jpg

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last week I got some of the new keystone dual 26650's and they are so strong and will not have issues with heat. Here is a pic of the new keystone 26650's in a PWM, Hammond B box im working on.
View attachment 20136

People rush to market with stuff without doing research/proof of performance. You can't print a sled without examining the stresses. Sure, batteries will fit, but only once. Keystone stuff is made right. From the castings to the way they attach and bend the contacts.

Wabah58, got a part number for the keystone's?

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People rush to market with stuff without doing research/proof of performance. You can't print a sled without examining the stresses. Sure, batteries will fit, but only once. Keystone stuff is made right. From the castings to the way they attach and bend the contacts.

Wabah58, got a part number for the keystone's?
Mouser link http://my.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Keystone-Electronics/1109/?qs=Mg2Do3ryY8u%2blyMR/XNsRg==

Sternsy on Ebay has them too. The new 26650 contacts ar ethe same type but are turned under a bit so they won't catch battery wraps.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cracked nothing that is fucking MELTED!
Dude your shit arced, lucky not Vented.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I think you are seeing his glue coming thru the hole in the botton of the sled and the reflection of it off the contacts. You can see evidence of the glue elsewhere.

an aside:
Some adhesives have metals in them and are conductive, so you have to be careful which ones you use. Even some hot melt glues that are transparent conduct. We were building a 'project' using multiple boards that worked fine on a bench. Hot glue was used to secure the connectors after anchoring everything carefully into a case. It stopped working. After pulling the stuff apart. we realized the hot melt glue was conductive and caused the problems. Now we use special staking compounds.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of my 3 sleds I got from Vape3d this was the best one LOL. Fucked up print line was almost through, and the lines looked like the head was clogged.

garbage2.jpg

darkoe671

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

The black shit is the JB weld adhesive. I was in a hurry to test out the box so i didn't really care how it looked when i put the glue. lol

darkoe671

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really appreciate your help and input guys! Maybe Vape3d will see this and work on these problems. Thanks again!

VU Sponsors