Become a Patron!

Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA Review By Ben28

Alberich II MTL RTA
1.jpg
Today I bring you my first RTA atomizer and specifically we are talking about the Alberich II MTL from Vapefly. An atomizer that far surpasses its previous version and which we will discuss in detail throughout the review.

I would like to thank Daisy from Vapefly for sending me this product, I also attach a link so you can look at the Alberich II MTL in detail and with peace of mind on their website.

Disclaimer;
Nobody nor any brand is paying me to do this review, all you will see are my most sincere opinions, both the positive and the negative.

Combo.jpg

Features
Top-To-Bottom Airflow Design
Single Coil Build Deck
Leakproof Design
4mL Capacity With Top Refill System
Precise Airflow Control
6 Airflow Pins

BrandVapefly
Product NameAlberich II MTL RTA
Diameters23.00mm
Height59.65mm
Drip Tip510
Coil RebuildableSingle Coil Building
Capacity4ml
ColorSilver, Black, Gunmetal
Individual Packing SizeLength: 99.5mm, Width: 76mm, Weight: 46mm (1pc)

Packaging
IMG_9576.jpg

The product comes in a rectangular box with a fairly old style, as if it were a scroll. At the top left we can see the brand of it ''Vapefly'', in the center we see the model which in this case is ''Alberich II MTL RTA'', with some letters in a font that I personally would change completely to match with the vintage style of the box itself. The product's slogan is ''Savor the taste'' which they fulfill quite well as we will comment later.

IMG_9577.jpg

On the side the same aesthetic continues and you can see the model of it in question, nothing more, simple and to the point.

IMG_9579.jpg

The first thing that is shown to us on the back is the model of it and then some features of the product.

If we continue reading we will find certain contact addresses for Vapefly that will help us in case of doubts or imperfections with the product.

But... maybe something is missing? The contents of the box are not shown on this back, however we will discover it later when we open it and see it in detail.

IMG_9580.jpg

When we open the box we find the atomizer in a custom-made hole in a kind of foam, something like a pillow to protect the product. Also right next to it we find the replacement glass, also 4mL so it is the same as the original. This is in case it falls and breaks, so you have a spare.

Device Inspection

IMG_9581.jpg

What we found when sorting and removing everything from the double bottom is what you see in the image above.

Exactly;
1* Alberich II RTA
1* Spare glass
1* Set of tools and airflow pins
1* Set of O-rings and spare parts
1* 1.0Ω Coil with Cotton (27ga)
1* 1.0Ω Coil with Cotton (26ga)

IMG_9582.jpg

This is what the atomizer looks like completely disassembled, I will explain piece by piece what each one is.

Starting on the left, the first thing we see is the deck on which we will create our build, this is a single-coil and the air is controlled by the pins.

Followed by it is the chimey that is positioned above the deck and the main part of the atomizer, where the air enters and where we will recharge the liquid every time it runs out.

On the right side we find the MTL Drip tip and the upper part of the atomizer that is screwed to the large hood.

It is a very simple atomizer and easy to disassemble, assemble and clean. Simple work.

IMG_9586.jpg

Here I show you in more detail the air inlet pins that will go in a small hole in the deck, which I will show you later in the review.

These are 0.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.2mm, 1.5mm, 1.8mm, 2.0mm. Perfect for MTL vaping or even an RDL with the 2.0mm if we wish. Even so, this product is intended for MTL vaping, so I do not recommend using it for any purpose other than that.

IMG_9585.jpg

This small hole in the deck is where we will insert the airflow pin, it goes in very easily but we will need a tool to give it a little push and remove it.

This is new in this product since in the Alberich It was inserted in another area completely different from this one.

Last edited:
IMG_9587.jpg

This is the deck where we will build our build, pardon the redundancy.

For this I followed a tutorial that I found from the famous reviewer NET Vaper, which explains step by step how to do it. Additionally, the device makes it easier for you to place the coil since you must rest the tool on small inserts made for it, this way it will be at the perfect height.

As such the build was not complicated at all but you must gain some experience with it to find the perfect spot.

The coil is positioned with two side posts and some screws, so it is quite simple. Remember that you have to heat it little by little, starting with very low watts and going up so that it stabilizes, this way we will eliminate all the hotspots and it will give us a much more pleasant vaping.

IMG_9588.jpg

This is the small chimney that I was telling you about previously, it is directly connected to the deck, leaving a certain space so that the liquid can reach the cotton. Through the duct that goes upwards, the steam will rise to our mouth. It has to be aligned with the air inlet hole.

IMG_9583.jpg

Once the upper hood, the glass and the filling system are in place, we are left with something like this. The filling system is very simple and effective, we will put our bottle through one of the two membranes and fill the tank. I recommend not filling it to the top, but rather leaving a gap unfilled.

IMG_9590.jpg

The only thing that remained to be placed is this upper part to which the drip tip 510 is anchored. This is placed with a small twist, the assembly of this atomizer is very simple.

IMG_9589.jpg

Once all the parts are assembled and filled with liquid it would look something like this, it looks quite nice on top of the Armor Max but I think it is a very crude looking mod compared to the sophisticated appearance of the atomizer, in any case, it looks quite good .

Vaping Time
Well, let's talk about vaping. The coil, once stabilized and wicked, was around 0.95Ω, quite close to the 1.0Ω that was promised.

In terms of flavor, this atomizer, if it is wicked correctly after several attempts, is the best, especially if you use a fairly restricted airflow pin. When vaping with very low wattages, I recommend a liquid with a higher amount of nicotine than what you usually vape, otherwise, you will find yourself chain-vaping, which really is not a problem if we take into account the wattage and the capacity of the tank.

As for vapor, it is an MTL atomizer that operates at very low watts, in my case 15W, so do not expect it to be a cloud chaser, this atomizer is focused on the search for flavor and not vapor, of all. Anyway, it gives a quite acceptable amount.

As for the build, as I mentioned before, it is somewhat complex so I recommend watching a tutorial and relying on trial and error until you find your perfect point.

What I didn't imagine at all was that it would be so easy to disassemble/assemble, it really is much simpler than I expected and it is a pro in all cases.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
Easy Assembly and Disassembly
A Little Bit Hard to Find the Sweet Spot
Many Airflow Pins
Both Coils Included Are 1.0 Ω
Beautiful Aesthetics
Interchangeable 510 Drip Tip
4mL Capacity
Easy Coil Positioning

Conclusion
This product is one of those that I plan to continue using regularly. I'm not a big fan of MTL but every time I try pods or atomizers from this brand they always surprise me, the same thing happens to me with the TIM Pod or their disposables and it's not to throw flowers at them, but the good work should be appreciated.

I highly recommend trying even this atomizer, also, its price is not high at all compared to others.

That was the entire review, I hope you liked it, I loved doing it to be honest, any question or doubt, even constructive criticism, is accepted in the comments, have a good time vaping and thanks for reading !

By Ben28.

VU Sponsors