Become a Patron!

Vapers are Car guys too!

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I will start off with some basic information, I am a car guy and have been since I was a teenager and wrenched on my brothers 95 Mustang on the weekend, that being said, let's hear from the car guys on VU.

post your current or past projects and let us know what types of cars you are into.

I have worked mostly on modern cars lately but enjoy anything from a clasic GTO to a slammed Civic.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't have anything that's considered a true classic now, but did have a '66 Mustang, and a '68 Camaro in my younger days. I wish I still had them now! I currently own a '04 Pontiac Grand Am, and a '98 Lexus LS-400.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't have anything that's considered a true classic now, but did have a '66 Mustang, and a '68 Camaro in my younger days. I wish I still had them now! I currently own a '04 Pontiac Grand Am, and a '98 Lexus LS-400.
Nice I really liked the older Lexus cars, the 400 is the two toned sedan right?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I grew up at dragstrips across the country starting in the late 60's.
Here's a couple of the many cars we had.

Attachments

• jughugger3-005.jpg
    jughugger3-005.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 26
  • jug-hugger1-000.jpg
    jug-hugger1-000.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 25
  • monte002.jpg
    monte002.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2589.JPG
    DSCF2589.JPG
    571.7 KB · Views: 26

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I grew up at dragstrips across the country starting in the late 60's.
Here's a couple of the many cars we had.
Beautiful cars, what kind of power was that engine making? It looks like it was being tested for that wet shot of nitrous.

Reactions: HRC

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks!
I still have that engine. It's a 638 and makes 1370HP without the nitrous.
It ran 7.70's in the blue Monte Carlo.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
7.70s!! That's crazy fast, I used to drag at Cordova Raceway in Illinois and got my doors blown off by a nova with a 638 running mid 8s

Reactions: HRC

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
7.70s!! That's crazy fast, I used to drag at Cordova Raceway in Illinois and got my doors blown off by a nova with a 638 running mid 8s
I live about 2 hours east of Cordova and have raced there a lot.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a builder, but to proof your point, a car (and bike) guy
7d8d2afe688903dcfb7518cdaa9d89f4.jpg

This is the pic I took earlier last year, when I just started using box mod instead of the stick type, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not a builder, but to proof your point, a car (and bike) guy
7d8d2afe688903dcfb7518cdaa9d89f4.jpg

This is the pic I took earlier last year, when I just started using box mod instead of the stick type, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great car, it that an Infiniti behind it? What kind of bikes do you have?

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I've run the range from classics to imports, but Civics are for getting groceries...

...well, I was gonna post pics of a '72 GTO and an '89 RX-7 Turbo II here, but apparently they didn't transfer to my new computer.
Haha yes they are but any person who takes a stock car and makes modifications to make it their own whether aesthetic or power gets a thumbs up in my book. Car guys are in all cultures and if it's a fart can and a picnic bench spoiler that floats your boat I will support it.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Another one of my hobbies, been a gearhead for 20+ years

IMG_1971.jpg
That's very nice, there's a similar car design from bitchin rides I have seen that has the same styling and I absolutely love it. I think it was a roadster, I will see if I can find pics.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha yes they are but any person who takes a stock car and makes modifications to make it their own whether aesthetic or power gets a thumbs up in my book. Car guys are in all cultures and if it's a fart can and a picnic bench spoiler that floats your boat I will support it.

I was a lot deeper into the import scene in the late '90s (when I built the RX-7 I can't find any pictures of at the moment)...then that god-awful Fast & Furious movie came out and kids with Pep Boys fart cans and giant rear spoilers on FWD cars killed the scene and made police around here harass anyone with a Japanese car even more than they already did...so I hope hell has a special place set aside for those guys. Anyone else, from low rider guys who don't pretend it's not all about the look (and create some pretty damn nice looks) to "no replacement for displacement" honks, the woody club that's always hanging out at the beach - they're all cool.

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
22782770001_large.jpg
Here's a pic of my old baby 87 Merkur XR4ti. Had to let her go after having 2 kids. It had no backs seats for kids, just a bottle holder. Had bigger turbo, thunder chicken PC, 4inch custom intake to name just a few mods, I do miss that car. Had a CV but it burnt to the ground literally. Now I just have a slightly lifted cherokee.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
XR4ti was a crazy car for it's time. Probably the innovator of big aerodynamics on the back of a stock car is ok as well ;)

Lol, burntpiston...
@crackedringlan. Done that a few times :rolleyes:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wait... no... the super bird takes the honnors of slapping a big wing on the trunk of a showroom new car.

Last edited:
Oh I've worked on so many. Biggest was spending a summer with a friend building a running 1978 Camaro from literally nothing but the frame. That was a fun one. lots of other small/medium stuff on other cars though. Mostly German. My own 2.7t A6 and 3.2 A6 Avant, a friends 540i and 318i, two GTIs, a Miata, etc. fun stuff. can't wait till winters over to get back in to it

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first car was a 1986 Trans am, 383 stroker no heat just a fast pos but I loved it, currently have a 1994 z28 sitting in the driveway. I'm a bit of a fan of f-bodies
488d1b575cbc1decabe935dfa5c05799.jpg
3a527c8544acc76609ac9eeb715ff9f1.jpg

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

45153de5d5e7eb05b4efdd2440a97ee2.jpg

My Civic... And the modification Mrs. Dave made bombing a ditch in the rain last week. Parts on order, it's costing more to ship them than they're worth...

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Haha my wife has helped me find a couple pot holes over the years so she is not allowed to drive my car anymore.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As car guys, do any of you watch any of the shows on cable? fast and loud, bitchin rides, car crazy, top gear etc...

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a few of mine, been a car guy since day one. My old 98 Acura el I had in high school and built with money from a part time job, lots of wrench time on this old bucket. miss her dearly. And my current vehicles, 2004 Acura tsx, 6spd lowered intake blah blah and my 2008 cummins leveled deleted tuned built tranny, puts down a little better than 1000 f/lbs and mid 500 ponies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 8

swh822

Member For 4 Years