Become a Patron!

Vaping’s uncool? My lungs don’t care about your fashion tips

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Excellent article, except:
The e-juice is a mixture of propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, dye, flavouring and nicotine.
Wut? I'm not aware of any e-liquids that use colorings. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen such a liquid in the flesh in the 3-1/2 years I've been vaping.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My only problem here is that people seem to have forgotten that whatever you vape has a decimal in it.

He doesn't vape 6mgs of nicotine, he vapes 0.6mgs and that is a HUGE difference. No, not 30mgs, 3.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My only problem here is that people seem to have forgotten that whatever you vape has a decimal in it.

He doesn't vape 6mgs of nicotine, he vapes 0.6mgs and that is a HUGE difference. No, not 30mgs, 3.0.
Huh? My current mix is 13 mg/ml. No decimal point. The decimal point only gets involved if you express nicotine content as a percentage. My current mix is 1.3% nic.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I see. I remember when I first started vaping and everything was expressed in percentages. At least where I lived. So 3mg is 0.3% nicotine? Got it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So 3mg is 0.3% nicotine? Got it.
Correct. One ml of water weighs 1 gram. One mg is 1/1000 of a gram, or 0.1% of a gram. So your 3mg/ml is 0.3% nicotine (by volume).

Since the specific gravity of PG and VG are both a bit higher than water (1.04 and 1.26 respectively), it's actually a bit less than 0.3% by weight.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Far out :)

Yeah, the dye comment was ignorant, but the rest of his commentary was right on!

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correct. One ml of water weighs 1 gram. One mg is 1/1000 of a gram, or 0.1% of a gram. So your 3mg/ml is 0.3% nicotine (by volume).

Since the specific gravity of PG and VG are both a bit higher than water (1.04 and 1.26 respectively), it's actually a bit less than 0.3% by weight.

Ummm listen... I was told there would be no math? Mmmmkay?
Let's just stick to percent system and nobody gets hurt... :cuss2:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1. Buy quality stuff once, use it for a lifetime.
Oh no ...now you've gone and done it...you can say alot of things and get away with it...you can indulge in any excess or deviation and get a hollywood startlet to adopt you....you can even whisper you voted for Donald Trump and not be burned at the stake...as long as you don't live on the coast...but you do not,may not,must never impugne America's single largest Religon..".The Holy congergation of mindless fucking consummerisim and the apostles of Walmart..."

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
you do not,may not,must never impugne America's single largest Religon..".The Holy congergation of mindless fucking consummerisim and the apostles of Walmart..."
I can't remember the last time I was in a Walmart. :)

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do remember the last time I was in Tijuana. :oops:

Well yeahh... Wa hadda practically drag you outta there. :eek:

35df8580a65697f7c4abb7d1d2a529b1--eurovision-winner.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wut? I'm not aware of any e-liquids that use colorings. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen such a liquid in the flesh in the 3-1/2 years I've been vaping.
Yeah, the dye comment was ignorant, but the rest of his commentary was right on!

I tried out LorAnn's maraschino cherry for some mix, and it's a very dark red, which results in a pink ejuice. I've heard that Lorann's also has clear versions of their flavors, but somehow I got the colored version of that.

The flavor wasn't bad, but I decided that a) maraschino really wasn't what I was going for, and b) artificial coloring can't be a good thing for my lungs.

Andria

VU Sponsors